• Greg Sanders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sara Sidle

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • A new teamleader

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not convinced bringing in a new supervisor from the outside would be a good idea. I think we, as fans, need a little stability. I know TPTB meant for this to be a procedural show and that anybody can step in, but we've grown attached to these characters.

I think Nick is the best one to lead right now. We've seen him grow up over the last decade from a naive, idealistic young man into a strong, confident man. During it all he never lost his compassion or humor. He's the ultimate get right back on the horse guy and his a great inner strength. I credit a lot of this growth to George Eads. He's done a tremendous job with this character.

During this thread we've seen Evaluation Day and Grave Danger brought up. Well, Evaluation Day was ten years ago and Nick Stokes has done a lot of maturing over that time frame. In Grave Danger, by the time the team got to him, he was disoriented, dehydrated, and poisoned by ants. The man had been literally tortured for a full 24 hours. I think the fact that he actually held it together as well as he did shows great inner strength.

During this thread we've seen Evaluation Day and Grave Danger brought up. Well, Evaluation Day was ten years ago and Nick Stokes has done a lot of maturing over that time frame. In Grave Danger, by the time the team got to him, he was disoriented, dehydrated, and poisoned by ants. The man had been literally tortured for a full 24 hours. I think the fact that he actually held it together as well as he did shows great inner strength.

As much as I think Nick is the more logical choice to be supervisor he just doesn't seem like a great leader. Instead of bringing up past events like Grave Danger or Evaluation Day I'll bring up a more current example. Just this season,
Nick had no intention of going to therapy until Catherine told him about her experiences and he got into the situation with the shootout.
A leader can't afford to wait to deal with an issue as serious as that. He could've put himself and others on his team in great risk.

So far, Nick Stokes is the most favourite team leader. A team leader he shall be. They won't loose me as a viewer. Furthermore, I've mentioned Michael T. Weiss. In a 1990's show he took a lot identities of scientific persons. Would you like to see him, introduced as the supervisor of a CSI team? If you do support what would be his background?

I would love to see someone come in and be maybe a temp. supervisor for a couple of episodes. Kinda like how Liev Schreiber came in when Grissom was gone on his sabbatical. That way the writers can determine if the fans like him/her enough to make it a long term thing and bypass all of the who should be supervisor talk. I'm not sure about this Mr. Weiss guy because I'm not really sure who he is even after looking him up on iMDB.:lol:

As much as I think Nick is the more logical choice to be supervisor he just doesn't seem like a great leader. Instead of bringing up past events like Grave Danger or Evaluation Day I'll bring up a more current example. Just this season, Nick had no intention of going to therapy until Catherine told him about her experiences and he got into the situation with the shootout.A leader can't afford to wait to deal with an issue as serious as that. He could've put himself and others on his team in great risk.

True, but he survived being stalked, thrown out a window, and buried alive. He has a tremendous inner strength and he wouldn't have put his team at risk (yes there is always a possibility), but I don't think that would happen. Unless, of course, the writers wrote it. :lol:

However, that isn't anymore a risk than Grissom having a relationship with one his subordinates. There was just as much chance of him putting the team at risk because of his feelings for Sara.

So yes, I agree, there is a chance he could put the team at risk, but dealing with a problem on its own doesn't make him less of a team leader or have the inability to lead.

Not to mention that after being shot, he would have been required to go the department shrink, though you can fake your way out of it, before he could go back on duty. Then again, this is TV and they don't always follow protocal. :lol:

ETA: Oh I was going to say. They could always try to woo Gibbs away. Now that could be interesting. However, they would have to bring Abby along, as well.

Last edited:
As much as I think Nick is the more logical choice to be supervisor he just doesn't seem like a great leader.

Nick isn't Grissom and he's not Catherine. Nick is Nick. He'd lead like Nick not Grissom or Catherine. We saw in Redrum and last season in Doctor Who that Sara and Greg will follow him.

Instead of bringing up past events like Grave Danger or Evaluation Day I'll bring up a more current example. Just this season, Nick had no intention of going to therapy until Catherine told him about her experiences and he got into the situation with the shootout. A leader can't afford to wait to deal with an issue as serious as that. He could've put himself and others on his team in great risk.

And by that reasoning Catherine shouldn't be supervisor right now. By her own admission (in Shock Waves to Nick) she wasn't intending to go to the department shrink after Warrick's death. She only went once she was putting her health and the cases at risk.

That said I'm not stupid enough to say that he's going to do it alone. TPTB will need to bring in a new FEMALE character. And message to TPTB - lets try for a level 3 from the start this time! (I say female because we're loosing both Sara and Catherine and lets face the only possibility of a female character that we have that might be sticking around is Katee Sackhoff's detective. :lol:)

Susan

As much as I think Nick is the more logical choice to be supervisor he just doesn't seem like a great leader. Instead of bringing up past events like Grave Danger or Evaluation Day I'll bring up a more current example. Just this season,
Nick had no intention of going to therapy until Catherine told him about her experiences and he got into the situation with the shootout.
A leader can't afford to wait to deal with an issue as serious as that. He could've put himself and others on his team in great risk.

I think the fact that Nick is seeking help after what he dealt with in Shock Waves is the sign of a good leader. Just because Catherine had to speak to him about getting help doesn't mean that can't be the leader. Nick is willing to take the advice of others and to me that means a great leader. You need to be able to listen to what others are saying whether they are you immediate supervisor or your staff. And how many bosses in real life have gone to see a councilor. I myself have been to see a councilor. Does that mean I should be running my own business or manage my staff??

ETA: Oh I was going to say. They could always try to woo Gibbs away. Now that could be interesting. However, they would have to bring Abby along, as well.

Now that could be a very interesting thought. Could you see Gibb's head slapping Hodges :guffaw:

It's a fun game, just takes too darn long to get energy. :lol: But SmokaHauntUs seems to have a lot.

It's a fun game, just takes too darn long to get energy. :lol: But SmokaHauntUs seems to have a lot.

By the way, if anyone else is playing, there is a thread for the game in the Merchandise forum. :)

And thus endeth our sort of off-topic conversation here. ;)

SmokaHauntUs out ranks them all.
Yeah, and just think, you could have Nick work under you. :p

Must. Remain. Mod-like. :D

:guffaw:

And he's referring to the CSI game on Facebook where I just became a Level 11. :lol:

I'm still getting "unable to connect to server." Which is good.. gives me time to finish capping Blood Moon, and start on Squeegel. :)

ETA: And THUS endeth the off-topic-ness :)

Last edited:

By the way, if anyone else is playing, there is a thread for the game in the Merchandise forum. :)

And thus endeth our sort of off-topic conversation here. ;)

Yes, cause I really didn't want to come in here, acting all mod like, with that friendly reminder of staying on topic :p.

I say the heck with the rest of them, and put Hodges as team leader, problem solved..........:lol:

Back