Tea and Scones ~ english thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pixu said:
Hey, I'm Becca and I live in Reading.
Hi Becca - you don't happen to be a Reading FC fan do you? I just thought I would ask as my hubby and I are fans and we go to games at the Madejski a few times a season. We don't live in Reading, but know it pretty well.

We can't believe how well they are doing in The Premiership! :D Mind you, they have a few injuries, so I'm a bit nervous about tomorrow's game.

Anyway, welcome and I hope you are enjoying the Board! :)

Hello, fellow Brits. :)
Like to start of by saying i don't drink tea. But i do like scones, so don't everybody go crazy. :D
Can't believe that BB has been the big news story of the week. It seems C4's plan to rake in the money from this has backfired, because now Carphone Warehouse have pulled out of their 3 million pound sponsorship deal. :lol:

Lucy said:
Pixu said:
Hey, I'm Becca and I live in Reading.
Hi Becca - you don't happen to be a Reading FC fan do you? I just thought I would ask as my hubby and I are fans and we go to games at the Madejski a few times a season. We don't live in Reading, but know it pretty well.

We can't believe how well they are doing in The Premiership! :D Mind you, they have a few injuries, so I'm a bit nervous about tomorrow's game.

Anyway, welcome and I hope you are enjoying the Board! :)
I am a bit of a fan, but not as much as my friend who goes to all their matches, or my Dad, who watches their matches on TV. I hope their next game goes well- Doyle has injured his hamstring or something, right? :(
Thanks for the warm welcome- the board is great! :)

^ Yes, Doyle and Gunnarsson both have hamstring injuries. :( Hope they're not out for too long.

Come on the Royals! :D

*goes to make a cup of tea to calm the nerves*

EDIT: Reading won 3-1. We're now 7th in The Premiership! :D

Oh yeah great result for you, and the mighty reds too, have changed my avvy in honour of the rare ocassion :p

I have to say I am even more English than last time I was here, I have moved to Cambridge, does that make me more English or not!!!!! I do feel a bit common down here though, I'm sure the kids I teach find it amusing when my Brummie accent shows up :lol:

I'm from Liverpool and we drink loads of tea in our family and every time we visit each other's house we have so much tea its unbelievable, we're practically filling up the kettle every five mins!

The weather we've been having is extraordinary, we're just not used to it. My college made us stay indoors at all times and were going to make us stay far longer than the average working day but the teachers managed to persuade the management to let us go home before it got dark otherwise we would have been trapped. Honestly we're so unprepared for harsh weather that we go to pieces.

I do think American TV is far far better than British though i do love our soaps - Emmerdale n Corrie are the best for me i think they're soo funny and storylines can be pretty mad. But i prefer British comedies especially Catherine Tate or Peter Kay (i love this man everything he says i can apply to my family).

Lucy said:
^ Yes, Doyle and Gunnarsson both have hamstring injuries. :( Hope they're not out for too long.

Come on the Royals! :D

*goes to make a cup of tea to calm the nerves*

EDIT: Reading won 3-1. We're now 7th in The Premiership! :D
Aww, I'm sure they'll pull through :) It's not like they've broken anything...
7th's a great place to be in the premiership. Though of course it'd be great if we were higher up, but still, we could be doing a lot worse! :lol:

Reading have moved down a place after Everton's 2-0 win over Wigan we've moved back into 7th place though it is very tight with only a point in it. Reading have played well this season and I enjoy their style of play I hope you keep it up and continue to stay in this division and not suffer the "second season" syndrome which so many clubs seem to have who got promoted.

Pixu said:
It's rather tragic that I haven't been to the festival despite it being so near to me...then again, if your parents will only let you go with them, it kinda ruins the incentive to go... :D

:lol: Yeah - I can see that! I was 18 when I went with my boyfriend. I'm afraid I didn't buy any wellies and all I remember of Reading was the bit between the train station and the festival area itself. I remember that it seemed like it took forever to get there. But that could have been beacuse of the ammount of camping equipment we were carrying and the fact that we had stood on the train all the way from Sheffield! ( we set off from my original hometown of Grimsby but we had seats until the changeover).

btw - Welcome to csi_fan18 - I love your banner! and to CraneFalconGCR. :D

Hi csi_fan_uk, its good to be here along with my fellow brits.
I've never been to any of the music festivals just because well i dont really like camping in a field and I'm not into the music thats usually played there but my mates all went to Leeds festival and raved about it. Some of them are still wearing their wristbands and they're beginning to smell! But who knows maybe I'll change my mind?!

Talking of music ........

What's the best British band/artist of all time?

Currently, who's your favourite British band/artist?

The best is between The Who and The Beatles.
For me my favourite British band at the moment is Westlife, I've loved them ever since they started. (waits to be killed)

I feel I should say The Beatles, but nah! :lol:

Iron Maiden baby, yeah!

At the moment my favoruite British band is Bloc Party. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back