Tea and Scones ~ english thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Guest, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csi_fan_uk

csi_fan_uk Police Officer

Absolutely! :D

PS: I used to be a New Kids on the Block fan... gah, that makes me feel old! :p

2. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Thanks, as soon as I saw the blood spatter font I knew I had to try it! :lol:

And wibble your signature makes me smile every time I read it.... :) Yeah, Snow Patrol are great. I am gutted though, my husband saw them in concert and I didn't go! He said they were really good. I also really like Athlete at the moment.

The Who are a great British band, my Dad saw them in concert back in the 60's/70's or whenever it was, queued for ages to get tickets....I wonder how many current bands will have that kind of fan base or be that popular so many years in the future. All the best bands and music is from way back....and everyone knows old British rock is the best. ;)

3. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

^^Metallica will probably have one... but if you mean British ones...perhapsperhaps Iron Maiden ;)

Oh yeah, you've been fans of Boyzone and 'n stuff but...no Spice Girls? :eek:

4. Muzzy_Olorea

Muzzy_Olorea Lab Technician

I've seen them in concert. They were pretty good! And the brother of one of the members was in the year below me at school. That's my very feeble claim to fame. :lol:

I think I'll have to have words with whoever claims that the Spice Girls are the best British band of all time ..........

5. CraneFalconGCR

CraneFalconGCR Witness

They're not the best British band of all time but the Spice Girls were one the most successful girl bands ever and rocked my childhood. I was so excited when there was that rumour going around that they were going to be on Live 8 but then it never happened. I would seriously love it if they had a one-off tour or something or even a greatest hits album. If Girls Aloud can have a greatest hits then the Spice Girls definitly need to do one because the Spice Girls were so much cooler than Girls Aloud.

6. speedleishot

speedleishot Rookie

oh i loved steps, when i went to see them in concert i was so excited that the moment they came onstage i threw up in a crisp packet, apologies to anyone whos eating while theyre reading this

7. csi_fan_uk

I never got into the Spice Girls. They came into the charts around the time I was off to Uni. I was in my rock-angst phase then - my favourite band then was Smashing Pumpkins (the reason I went to Reading Festival). I still love the Pumpkins but their music isn't so relevant to me now. I no longer feel the angst. Sometimes I miss the angst... hmmm, maybe that's why I ship GSR. ;)

Speaking of CSI - mucho excitement :D - season 7 of Vegas starts this Tuesday at 9pm on Channel 5!!! Yay! About time! And because Channel Five loves CSI fans, they are playing both parts of the two-parter season opener back-to-back. 2 hours of shiny new CSI Vegas coming our way. I'm a happy bunny :D :D :D

8. Muzzy_Olorea

Muzzy_Olorea Lab Technician

Have to agree that Channel 5 is rather good to their fans. Much better than C4 anyways .....

The best British band of all time is The Who. Quite controversially I think that The Beatles are overrated. Don't get me wrong, I love them but I just think they get far too much attention compared to other great bands.
    I'm a MASSIVE Roger Daltrey (lead singer of The Who) fan too and have all of his solo stuff as well which I personally find better than Pete Townshend's music despite the latter getting more credit.
    Another favourite band of mine is Fleetwood Mac but since it's an anglo/american alliance and I like the Nicks/Buckingham stuff the best I guess they only half count. Makes me sad that Christine McVie left and I never got to see her perform live.
    Oh and Eric Clapton = genius.

Best current band .... Oasis. I'm a fan of Idlewild too. And Eric Clapton's still going strong so he can be counted here too I guess. Snow Patrol is definitely a credit to us for breaking America.

9. speedleishot

speedleishot Rookie

razorlights drummer has hurt his elbow! he woke up in a pool of blood and it was all over the walls, now they dont know if they can perform at the brit awards :(

10. Pixu

Pixu Witness

:lol: Cool...I'll have to remember that quote next time someone questions my sanity! ;)

11. Footyliz

Footyliz Coroner

Actually channel 5 are good to Vegas fans, us Miami fans get a bit shortchanged, we always have to wait for summer for a new series (a year after it starts in the states!), and then I always miss eppies when I'm away on holiday :rolleyes:

12. CraneFalconGCR

CraneFalconGCR Witness

Yeah i know what you mean i practically missed nearly all of Season 4 of Miami because of holidays and family events that just had to coincide with Miami, i'll just have to watch all the repeats and keep up to date with the spoilers to know what's going in S5.

13. csi_fan_uk

You're right there. However, I'm actually a fan of all three flavours of CSI (Vegas>Miami>NY) so I'm actually quite happy with the way C5 run the shows because I end up with new CSI eps almost all year round! :p
    Speaking of NY, it also starts next week - Saturday 9pm! Yay! :D Double the CSI pleasure every week! :lol:

14. speedleishot

speedleishot Rookie

yer and they have all the csi's on five US on fridays and sundays

15. Pixu

Pixu Witness

Right now I'm living for the new series of New York and Vegas...it's making my efforts at school seem worthwhile, in a weird sense! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.