Tea and Scones ~ english thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Guest, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I actually like them too, in fact I listened to their album in the car for 2 hours today and sang along very loudly, but technically they are Irish. ;)

I'm Take That all the way baby! Ah, to be 16 again. :lol: They probably aren't my all time favourite British band obviously, but they are still good.

2. speedleishot

speedleishot Rookie

oasis are pretty good, theyre getting the lifetime achievement award at the brit awards this year!

3. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Queen and Irish The Cranberries. :cool:

4. Pixu

Pixu Witness

It's murder trying to get into town before, during or just after the festival via train- you have to go the long way round and it seems the festival-goers are giving you evils :(
    As for the music question, I'd have to say the Sex Pistols, the Clash, Muse or the Who. :D

5. Footyliz

Footyliz Coroner

Oh yeah they are Irish, but I love Westlife too, I have all their albums and sing very loudly to them in the car too :rolleyes:

6. CraneFalconGCR

CraneFalconGCR Witness

OMG Queen and The Clash how could I forget those!

Westlife
    yeah well in that case my favourite British band at the moment would be Razorlight but it varies from day to day.
    I can't believe Elsie and FootyLiz that you like Westlife too i often seem to get slated for it, have you seen them live? They are awesome and put on a great show. And yes i sing really loud to them in the car too.

7. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

^No I haven't seen them live. I have a phobia of screaming teenagers. :lol: But seriously, I know a lot of people who have seen them and loved them. :)

I did see Take That last April, and I imagine it is the same as that. They were absolutely brilliant and the stageshow was awesome. :D

8. csi_fan_uk

csi_fan_uk Police Officer

Good choice! :D For me it was either The Who or Pink Floyd.

Really!? Evils from the festival goers!? :eek: What happened to the love! Mind you, it was 1995 when I went to Reading festival... (I'm showing my age now... not that I've gotten any older - well, mentally at least ;))

PS: Elsie I love your banner! It's cool :cool:

9. CraneFalconGCR

CraneFalconGCR Witness

Actually there not all teenagers I'm 17 and I was wary about going just because I think it ruins a concert if all your going to do is scream everytime they open their mouths. A lot of people were there with their husbands or boyfriends but yes overall a very good show.

I've started to become more interested in Take That ever since that documentary came out and they are great, a proper boyband well man-band now.

The Who are amazing, long live Rock i need it every night!

10. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

I love Razorlight! IMO the new album is definitely better than the first one. I love America and Before I fall to Pieces. My sister, who's a purely pop fan, even likes America so it must be good! I love Westlife too. I quite like listening to them when I'm driving my car, singing along, looking like an idiot.

Take That are pretty good too. I didn't like them the first time around (I was too young to really remember them) but I fell in love with them when I heard Patience. It's such a beautiful song, one of my favourites.

11. Footyliz

Footyliz Coroner

Yeah I have seen them live twice, both times in Birmingham and they are absolutely superb, I screamed like a girl...and believe me that is really funny I'm the biggest tomboy around!!!
    I get slated constantly for liking Westlife, but my thing is I like it so who cares what people think :lol:

12. Pixu

Pixu Witness

I think they were... or maybe it's cause I'm an overly-paranoid teenager... :confused: I swear those pidgeons were talking about me...

13. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

^I go with Tinksy! :D And The Who as well and then... Depeche Mode

14. csi_fan_uk

csi_fan_uk Police Officer

:lol:

To use a quote from Strange Days "It's not a question of whether you are paranoid, it's whether you are paranoid enough!" ;)

15. wibble

wibble Corpse

Hmm, I guess I'm not gonna be in favour with the Westlife fans considering the signature I have at the moment :lol: though it's cool there are Westlife fans here. I used to be a big fan of Boyzone when I was about 10 or 11 :eek: :lol:

As for best British band, I have to go with The Who, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones and The Verve. (sorry, it's impossible to pick one :p).

My favourite British band at the moment have to be Snow Patrol, closely followed by Kasabian. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.