Tattoos and Piercings

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by skiJeRZe, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: TATTOOS

Do you think having tattoos could ever effect your chance of becoming a forensic scientist? aslong as they are not offensive etc...

2. heartagram69

heartagram69 Head of the Swing Shift

id say no, look at abby from NCIS lol.

3. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

but heartagram, it's a tv show ;)

I don't think tattoos are a problem if those are not visible and it always depends on a job. For example here stores are very strict about having tattoos and piercings (except earrings). I mean.. they cannot have those or everything needs to be covered.

4. draig_goch

draig_goch Lab Technician

I dont see why a tatto should stop you getting a job aslong as its not offencive

5. CHILI_PEPPERS

CHILI_PEPPERS Pathologist

no i dont think so either becausei read on the police website before "you should not have any visible tatoos that could cause offence" so aslong as you cant see them i think its should be ok. but i would love to get a tattoo i will after i move out of my parents house because my old man said if i have one when im living there he will kick me out lol! :lol:

6. Guest

Guest Guest

i would like to have one but im not sure how painfull it will be. does it really hurt?

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I have the same problem. My old man says he will kick me out if i get one, and he keeps trying to put me off having one.

8. OsirisSwe

OsirisSwe Hit and Run

I have quite a few... 9 actually. Got my first one done 6 years ago and the latest one is about a year old.

9. CHILI_PEPPERS

CHILI_PEPPERS Pathologist

cool what are they of??

10. draig_goch

My mam says the same (Damn her) But waut till uni im having a small welsh dragon either on my wrist or ankle :cool:

11. Guest

Guest Guest

i would like to have wings on my ankles or maybe a few randomly placed stars. :)

12. draig_goch

no im definatley getting a little welsh dragon dont care what it looks like when im 80, wings and starss are cool though

13. Dolphin

Dolphin Pathologist

I don't think it should matter if you have a tatto or not... it doesn't affect your skills or your work... so if you want to be a forensic scientist, go ahead! ;)

14. ladytrinity

ladytrinity Lab Technician

On my country (Argentina) you can't work on a bank if you have tatoos, and for police officers (and others) you can have them but they have to be hidden (even if it's non-offensive like a heart or a flower)
    I want to get a tattoo, but I'm waiting to loose some wait before I do it, I'll let you know as soon as I get one.

15. OsirisSwe

OsirisSwe Hit and Run

A couple of football tattooes (4), two of them crest and two texts. A textline between my shoulders in latin ("Sapientia et Humilis"). A secret thing on my stomach. :)

A celtic cross on my back, two textlines on the back of my legs. That´s it I guess.