Tattoos and Piercings

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by skiJeRZe, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Future_CSI

Future_CSI CSI Level Two

Re: TATTOOS

Can someone tell me on a scale from 1-10 on how much pain getting a tattoo is? What does it feel like? Is it worth it? What's the procedure?

2. iwantboromir

iwantboromir CSI Level One

The pain depends on where the tattoo is being put. The closer to bone it is, the more pain. The one on the back of my calf was completely pain-free. The one on my ankle was like gettind stung by a bee over and over lol.

First thing you do is fill out a medical release, stating that you don't have any medical conditions. They take a copy of you license, proving that you are of legal age. You fill out a questionaire, stating that you are not under the influence of anything. Then the tattooist will clean and disinfect the area, apply an outline of the tattoo that you want, check with you that you like the placement.
    The black outline is the first to be done. In my opinion, this is the most painful part of it. The coloring is that last part. After it's done, you get to look at it before it's wrapped up. The Tattooist will explain to you the initial care of the tattoo, which requires keeping it dry, keeping it out of the sun and applying lotion to it to keep it moisturized with a non=perfumed lotion. My tattooist recommends using Lubriderm. It's just as good as the other stuff, but cheaper. As you leave, you will also get a written care sheet, and a contact number incase you have any questions or concerns.
    You can remove the bandage after an hour. Keep dirty fingers off. Use the lotion as much as possible, and you'll have a great tattoo that's well worth the pain.

3. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Depends on where you get the tattoo and your tolerance for pain. :devil:

I have one on my right ankle that is 2 feathers and beads on the outside of my ankle and a rope braid that goes around that ankle. That one didn't really hurt but it took two and a half hours to do.

I also have one on my upper right chest of a flaming heart. That one took 10 minutes and was rather painful but I want to add to it sometime.

I would also like to get one on my back, actually on my shoulder, haven't decided which one yet. I am thinking of a dragonfly.

The more sensitive areas of the body, the more painful it will be. :eek:

If anyone is going to get names tattooed on themselves, I would suggest getting your own name or your kids name. Lots of people get tattoos of their significant other only to have the tattoo long after the relationship is over. :D

4. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

We were typing at the same time. :lol:

Our pains were the total opposite. My ankle didn't bother me at all. :)

5. iwantboromir

iwantboromir CSI Level One

lol, the healing process on my ankle itched like crazy, that was worse than the tattoo itself.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I heard that the fleshier the area, the more you won't feel it. Like if you get a tatoo on a thigh or your bum, is this true? or is it the other way around?

7. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

Cuz this one was close to the bone it did hurt, but only for a very short time, cuz it's tiny :D but definitely worth the pain. Amen.

8. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I'm strange, indeed but... I want yellow rubberduck and above it text "Ducky"

Also a dragon would be nice...

9. soph

soph CSI Level One

I've had some strange conversations with my friends about what type of tattoo we'd get if we'd get one. They came up with some wacky things that were CSI related cause they thought it would suit me, like crime scene tape, a fingerprint, one even said I should get 'Speed isn't dead'.

But if I do get one it's probably going to be something fantasyish, like a unicorn or dragon, or something like a simple celtic design.

10. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

Not strange, but cool! :D Reminds me of my cousin... he's like a really big, strong tough guy and he has a bulldog tatood on his upperarm... and he showed it to one of our uncles and our uncle said: "Aaww, that's a cute ducky" heheh my cousin was like: *very heavy manly voice* "It's a bulldog!" :lol:

11. Future_CSI

Future_CSI CSI Level Two

Ah, thanks guys. :D I might have finally made up mind about getting a tattoo. Ok, so just to clarify things, is the pain tolerable?

12. samanarkCSI

samanarkCSI Pathologist

Crime scene tape? That's a great idea. That would be awsome going all the way around your arm or something.
    *thinks* Hm...but I wonder if I'd be able to get hired as a CSI if I got that... :p

I love tattoos, and I'd love to get one, but I'm worried about not being able to get hired after I get one, because some occupations don't allow you to have tattoos.

13. drkate

drkate Corpse

i want a tattoo, i'm not quite sure of what yet, right in the center above my butt, you know, really low back, possibly of a butterfly.

14. soph

soph CSI Level One

Yeah, I think it's really cool, and that's my only reason for never getting it.

15. WASSITO

WASSITO Pathologist

Well, it depends on where you put it. The boney areas, like the ankle or shoulder can hurt more. It stings at first, then after a few minutes, the vibration kind of numbs it.

It also depends on the artist, some are definitly better than others.