Tattoos and Piercings

Re: TATTOOS

I love tattoos, and I'd love to get one, but I'm worried about not being able to get hired after I get one, because some occupations don't allow you to have tattoos.

know what you mean... same for me. I'm a teacher (12-16 year olds) and I have a small tattoo just below my pink, so it is visible.. well, except when you're wearing gloves of course :) At one school it was a HUGE problem, but other schools made no problem of it. Most of the time I explained to the pupils what it stands for and they think it's cool and as long as they don't copy it I'm on the safe side *grins* After I explained and gave them a short lesson on tattoos, the pupils gave no attention to it at all!

Ah, thanks guys. I might have finally made up mind about getting a tattoo. Ok, so just to clarify things, is the pain tolerable?

I consider myself a big baby when it comes to pain, but I went back for another Tattoo and am planning another one. So, yes, I think the pain is tolerable. My sister, who is an even bigger baby, whined and complained about her tat for two months, all the while, talking about the next one. LOL Just be sure it's something you'll still like when you're old and wrinkled.

I love tattoos, and I'd love to get one, but I'm worried about not being able to get hired after I get one, because some occupations don't allow you to have tattoos.

know what you mean... same for me. I'm a teacher (12-16 year olds) and I have a small tattoo just below my pink, so it is visible.. well, except when you're wearing gloves of course :) At one school it was a HUGE problem, but other schools made no problem of it. Most of the time I explained to the pupils what it stands for and they think it's cool and as long as they don't copy it I'm on the safe side *grins* After I explained and gave them a short lesson on tattoos, the pupils gave no attention to it at all!

Oh, I had a teacher with like 5 tattoos. She showed most of them off too. It was really cool because one day she came in with another one and we were all like: "Woah!"
So easily entertained we were in 8th grade. :lol:

Just be sure it's something you'll still like when you're old and wrinkled.

Definately. Be sure it is something you can live with for the rest of your life. As for the pain, not so bad. I am terrified of needles. But I wanted a tattoo so bad, that I went for it. And now I have four. :D

^ I gotta agree with em. Be sure it's something you like when you are old and wrinkled. Get something that really means to you

As for me, I got the "Family" tattoo because my family means the most to me. As for "hope" tattoo, to reminds me each day not to lose hope that one day there would be peace on earth.

Had to revisit this thread because I finally got my first tattoo. Just like GoodLittleWench
It's the Elvish scripture for my name, from the same font:

rain.jpg

That's fresh off the process, taken by my friend (and the tattoo artist --- who was really cool because he's done soooo many tattoos for local celebrities) so there's the redness. lol. It wasn't as painful as I thought it would be, though halfway through the process, I was ready to scream. Heh.

That's on my very, very lower back. Almost running across my ass. I'm planning to get one after a year, for the pain is really addicting. ;)

purrrty!!! love it! :D elvish is very aesthetical.

i myself have a tattoo on the same place as temptationsrain; very lower back :D it´s a fairy and it´s...about the size of my hand. i´ll post a pic later, can´t seem to find it right now. i got it a year and a half ago and now i´m just wondering if someone knows this; how long does it take from the tattooing that you can give blood? ´cause there was a big blood donation...thing (can´t find the word right now, you know what i mean) in my highschool last year and they said i couldn´t participate ´cause of the tattoo...so, does anyone maybe know when am i now able to give blood again? thnx

Temptationsrain - where did you get your tattoo done.
I'm thinkng about getting one.
But i have a very very very low pain level, If someone pinches me it hurts!
:D.
Thank You.
Amy xXx.

Temptationsrain - where did you get your tattoo done.

I doubt if we live anywhere near each other, but I'm sure there are clean and sanitized tattoo parlors around your town/place. I paid big for that simple design, but it was worth it because I know I'm free from any sort of complication. Well, except for the after- pain thing.

skiJeRZe, over here in our country, I've heard rumors that you can't ever donate blood after getting a tattoo. But I guess that's just how they are: rumors. It's good to hear that I could still donate blood after a year. lol.

Awesome tattoo temptationsrain. The elvish turned out beautifully. My tattoo guy was ready to kill me by the time he was done with mine. Swore he would never do elvish again. :D

^^ The fact that it only has four letters would probably be the reason why it turned out nicely. ;)

It was the language of Elves created by J.R.R. Tolkien for his books (Lord Of the Rings trilogy and more, of course) to complement the backdrop of them being set in Middle- Earth.

It is, by far, the most popular fictional language created for Elves. You probably would remember it as the engraved series of letters inside The Ring.

Back