Tanglewood theory

I think that Danny and one of his relatives (either an older brother or cousin) were in the Tanglewood Boys and the relative either was murdered or was sent to prison. Maybe Danny got into his career by some sort of program for troubled youths to avoid going to jail as well. Who knows...I just hope they do a Tanglewood II eppy at the start of next season

I think that Danny and one of his relatives (either an older brother or cousin) were in the Tanglewood Boys and the relative either was murdered or was sent to prison. Maybe Danny got into his career by some sort of program for troubled youths to avoid going to jail as well. Who knows...I just hope they do a Tanglewood II eppy at the start of next season
I never understood the whole Tanglewood theory on these boards, until yesterday, like Daisy, I saw the Tanglewood ep (finally :rolleyes:). The final scene where Mac and Stella are told to ask Danny Messer, coz he knows all about the Tanglewood boys and they know all about him (whoa, that would scare me!). The worry on his face, the way he just ripped the glasses of his face, it was obvious that he was seriously disturbed by something.

I'm not sure whether Danny's been involved with the Tanglewood Boys himself, but maybe another member of his family is. Maybe he or his family have become victims of some serious mobster blackmail or something? I dunno, it's too early to speculate. One thing's for sure, the final scene, the worry on Danny's face, really made me sympathize, the desperation on his face was just....aaaargh! Just made me wanna scoop him up and give him a big soothing cuddle...poor thing!

I do hope we'll be seeing more of the Tanglewood background, coz I'm dead curious right now! Onto season 2, eh?

Let's not mix up Carmine's family history for Danny's.

CARMINE: Has family in law enforcement.

DANNY: It's been stated in promos that his family was under surveillance. That usually means FBI, etc and isn't a good thing.

Mmm ... I think I made a big mistake here :rolleyes:, sorry.

Well, if his family is under surveillance, than I understand his behavour in the CSI team, he missed the family connection at home and at work he feels now his colleges are his family. And then one of his real family could be involved with the Tanglewood boys. But I don't think Danny himself was a member of it. He has a good hart.

But I don't think Danny himself was a member of it. He has a good hart.
Hmmm, I think I will have to agree with ya here. I don't think he was involved personally, but he seemed thoroughly worried, so my next thought was that perhaps a member of his family was involved...I dunno...

Who/what makes anyone worry when someone is not personally involved? Family, a financial situation, a very close friend, ex-girlfriend, secret wife...ok, going out on a limb here :p

I never understood the whole Tanglewood theory on these boards, until yesterday, like Daisy, I saw the Tanglewood ep (finally :rolleyes:). The final scene where Mac and Stella are told to ask Danny Messer, coz he knows all about the Tanglewood boys and they know all about him (whoa, that would scare me!). The worry on his face, the way he just ripped the glasses of his face, it was obvious that he was seriously disturbed by something.

I'm not sure whether Danny's been involved with the Tanglewood Boys himself, but maybe another member of his family is. Maybe he or his family have become victims of some serious mobster blackmail or something? I dunno, it's too early to speculate. One thing's for sure, the final scene, the worry on Danny's face, really made me sympathize, the desperation on his face was just....aaaargh! Just made me wanna scoop him up and give him a big soothing cuddle...poor thing!

I do hope we'll be seeing more of the Tanglewood background, coz I'm dead curious right now! Onto season 2, eh?

I cant wait 2 till I see what they gonna do with danny after that tanglewood thing! but he was very sexy yesterday in the ep tanglewood! I cant wait till friday...when they repeat it :D

[quote
I cant wait 2 till I see what they gonna do with danny after that tanglewood thing! but he was very sexy yesterday in the ep tanglewood! I cant wait till friday...when they repeat it :D

[/QUOTE]
That's why we have VCR's, Dronten :D

This is the only episode I have on tape (normally we tape another program that time, but that finished last week), so I'm gonna watch it a lot, than the summer will go a lot faster I think :D

[quote
That's why we have VCR's, Dronten :D

[/QUOTE]

thats true!! hooo..I cant wail till the DVD box comes out in holland!!

DANNY: It's been stated in promos that his family was under surveillance. That usually means FBI, etc and isn't a good thing.

can i ask where you got that info? i never knew until reading on these boards and other threads on the site here that his family were under surveillance was this mentioned on the show and i have been too busy looking at Danny to have heard it? cos it would have been a big thing for me to miss!

^It's on the CBS website; it's never been mentioned in the show. It's also not necessarily true, given that the website bios sometimes change or just never come into play.

^No problem! :D I'm still trying to figure out if Danny's family is in the mob, how it would fit with him being part of the Tanglewood Gang, or involved with them enough that they "know all about" him.

^No problem! :D I'm still trying to figure out if Danny's family is in the mob, how it would fit with him being part of the Tanglewood Gang, or involved with them enough that they "know all about" him.

Well he did actually admit to Mac that he played baseball with them and, I think his words were, 'hung around with them here and there'. He could have just left it at that, but he then went on to say that they asked him to come in with them but he said no. Now why would he say that if he had a permanent tattoo on his back that would obviously contradict that statement?

Well he did actually admit to Mac that he played baseball with them and, I think his words were, 'hung around with them here and there'. He could have just left it at that, but he then went on to say that they asked him to come in with them but he said no. Now why would he say that if he had a permanent tattoo on his back that would obviously contradict that statement?

Because he has trust issues and issues with the truth in general. In "On the Job" he lies to a doctor who is supposed examine him claiming that it's "his friend" that's going to be examined and that the guy is in the bathroom--and then he tells the doctor to wait! So he's a bit of a liar.

Back