Talleigh RP! All are welcome!

A nurse went into Calleigh's room, with news on Horatio. She saw a man trying to comfort her, as she wept. She nervously cleared her throat. The two looked up at her, surprised.

"Um, excuse me, is it okay if I return Horatio Caine back here? He is doing much better, but is still unconscious. When I bring him in here, you, Sir," she looked at Speed, "are going to have to leave. I'm sorry, but Lieutenant Caine can't have any visitors during this critical time period." After a few minutes, Speed reluctantly left. The nurse wheeled him in. His complextion was white as snow; he looked very close to dead. If someone wasn't looking close enough, he/she would think he was.

The nurse left, and his eyelids fluttered a little. He tried to mumble something to Calleigh, but the large tube in his mouth presented as a problem to anything he wanted to communicate to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alexx sat immpatiently in the waiting room. She contemplated asking the front desk clerk about Horatio, and was about to when Eric walked in.

"Hey, Eric, baby, how are you hanging? You doing alright?" she patted him on the back as he walked slowly over to her.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I'm more worried about those 3. They are really affected the most by all of this."

He hugs Alexx.

"You're like a mother to me Alexx. I can rely on you so much."

"Yeah, I'm pretty worried about them too. Poor Tim and Calleigh, they have a lot of issues to work out. Horatio, well, he just has to work everything out. He has to learn that he can't take all the guilt for himself. He blames himself for everything. How much would you like to bet that he'll blame himself for being in surgery? How do you think our lieutenant is doing, anyway? No one is telling me anything, I mean, Dr. Greider told me what would happen during the second surgery, but I haven't heard about anything after the procedure."

Alexx embraced Eric heartily when he moved to hug her.

"Well, I love all of you guys. You know that. Of course I'm going to mother you, and you know that you can come to me with anything," she smiled.

Calleigh didn't react when Tim wrapped an arm around her. She pretended that he wasn't there, that he wasn't seeing her crying. Her face lit up when they told her that Horatio was okay.

She heard him try to say something, and immidiatly she reached out and grabbed his hand. She slowly but surely climbed into his bed, careful not to wound anything, or touch anything. She had her hand on his, and she was laying a good foot away from him, her opposite hand was running through his hair. "Shhhh, don't say anything, okay? Everything is going to be fine, just relax and sleep, I'll be right here when you wake up," she said, tears still streaming down her face. He looked so pale and lifeless, which made her cry harder. She hated seeing him like this.

He walks out of the room like the Doctor told him to. 'Does Calleigh love me anymore?' He asks himself. Of course those voices always have something to say. 'Yes she does, stupid, shes just really scared and she has to sort this out on her own. You did the right thing by trying to comfort her, even if she acted like you werent there, she loves you, Tim....' Those boices fade out as he finds Alexx and Eric, those thoughts going right olut the window.

"She pushed me away again, Eric, I hate you" He growls with tears in his eyes. He then starts to walk away, to his car.

"Speed..."

He ran after him.

"Speed. I know you love her. You gotta give her time. Something like this is gonna take time. You can't just expect her to be all hugs and kisses with you right now. She's depressed. She's scared. She's worried. Give her some time. I assure you, you'll be back on the road to true love. You just have to be patient. Be there when she needs you. I promise Speed. You have to trust me."

"I tried, Eric! I friggin tried! She pretended like I wasn't even there! And...and then her face lights up, not because of me, because of Horatio! Can you see where I'm going?" He yells as his bottom jaw trembles slightly. "I love her, Eric! I just......I tried to do everything right and I failed!" He continues to yell, all of a sudden hes run out of words, so now hes breathing heavily with his teeth gritted, waiting for something anything to pop in his head so he can yell it at Eric.

"Speed. She's worried about him. If I were shot, she would be the same way with me. If you were shot, she would be an emotional wreck...worse than this."

At this point he was trying to calm Speed down.

"She loves you man. Trust me, I've had a 3rd person view on this. I see the way she looks at you. Horatio is her boss and her friend. It is only natural to worry about him. But she loves you. Just give her time to cope. Now go back in there now or this hospital will have a fight in their parking lot."

"Is that a threat, Eric Delko?" He growls.

Tim steps a little closer to Eric, and he can tell by the look on Tims eyes that hes completely lost control.

"Bring it on, Eric"

Delko had had enough of Speed.

"You have everything Speed. A beautiful woman who loves you being the highlight and you keep running from her. Well, I'm tired of it."

He punched Speed square in the jaw and when he fell down, kicked him in the stomach.

Speedle is now bleeding from the corner of his mouth.

He groans in discomfort as Eric kicks him in the stomach, he lies still unitl Eric bends down and.....SMACK! Eric is at the receiving end of Speedles fist, hitting his cheekbone.

He knew the 'play dead' thing was a low blow, but now as he scrambles to his feet, he smiles at Eric evilly.

"I don't run from her, Eric. I run TO her, and SHE pushes me away."

Alexx tensed when the boys started yelling. She didn't get involved until Eric started to beat Speed.

"Eric! Tim! What are you doing? Guys, stop it! I can't believe you two!" She ran over to Eric, who had just gotten hit in the face, and pulled him away from Speed before he launched himself at the wounded man again. "You guys are pathetic! You're best friends! Do you know how ashamed Calleigh and Horatio would be to see you like this? Now, one, or both of you, better go home, and that wasn't a sugggestion. I cannot believe you two. We are all tired and anxious, sure, but that doesn't give either of you the right to attack the other. Now, come on! We're adults here, knock it off," she emphasized the last three words. She had pulled Eric away and was standing in between the two men, who were a little surprised at Alexx.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Horatio was in and out of consciousness. He felt someone's warm body next to him, and he knew immediately who it was, without looking. His subconscious ran his fingers through her hair with the hand Calleigh wasn't holding. He hardly knew what he was doing.

He was suprised at Alexx. He was suprised at himself for not killing Delko.

He frowns slightly as he licks the blood from his lip, which is still flowing, a few drops are now on his chest.

He doesn't cringe at the tase of the blood, he just says, "I'm going back inside, for Calleigh. Go home, Eric."

With that, he limps back inside to wait for some news on Calleigh.

Alexx was relieved when one of the guys left the fight. She then turned gently to Eric.

"Eric, what is going on with you guys? He's your best friend, what could he have possibly done to piss you off enough to make you take a swing? Look, why don't we just have a seat in here, and hang out until we can go and visit Horatio. One of the nurses stopped by and said he was going from conscious to unconscious a lot, and she said we should be able to go in and see him soon." She collapsed tiredly into the mildly comfortable chair in the waiting room.

Calleigh smiled a little when she felt his hand running through her hair. He knew that she was there. She felt endless tears sliding down her cheeks as he lay there, not able to do much.

She was really glad he couldn't see her because she was a wreck. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying, she had a worried look on her face and there was a whole bunch of mascara running down her face. She had been so worried for her boss, and she knew that she'd pushed Tim away because of it, but this was something she needed to do on her own.

"You're doing good boss," she said lightly as she held his one hand in both of hers. "Don't give up, okay? We all need you," she whispered. She wished that he would wake up fully, and be fine, but she knew that it would take a miracle for that to happen. That bastard had made sure that he, and everyone around him, suffered.

Back