TalkCSI: RolePlay

Chris felt in his pocket and pulled a box out. "I guess I never cleaned out this pocket." He opened the box to show her a ring. "I don't know what I'd do without you. After everything that happened today, I want to be with you even more. Will you do me the honor of marrying me?" He looked her in the eye, awaiting her answer.

She looked up to him with tears running down her face, and just simply nodded. Words weren't needed, the tears in her eyes did all of the talking. Chris pulled her hand up, placing a kiss on top of it and gently placed the ring onto her finger. They both went over towards the window and went back into the hospital room. Just about that time Jonathan walked right back in, with a more satisfied look on his face. And it wasn't about Chris and Christine. Christa missed him.

We have a bunch of forms of the name Chris don't we? :lol:

((lol...What's the kid's name gonna be? Christobal? lmao))

Chris was beaming from ear to ear. "You look happy." He smiled at Jonathan, hoping he was as happy as he looked. He sat down and looked at Christine's face, noticing how happy she looked. He was happy to have been the one who had put that happiness in her soul and heart.

Jonathan’s smile got bigger as he plopped down in the chair beside Christine’s bed. “Yeah, me and someone came to a realization,” his smile grew even more. With the look of it, Chris could tell that it had to involve a girl in some way. “And I just got a call, you know that empty house beside you guys?” Christine nodded. “You’re looking at the owner,”

“That’s great,” Christine said with a wide grin on her face.

“Yeah, I thought it would be kind of hard for us to raise the baby with us hundreds of miles apart.”

Christine couldn’t wait to raise this baby with Jonathan, she just hoped that it didn’t put a hamper on her relationship with Chris. Would it be selfish to say that she still she loves Jonathan, but she wasn’t in love with him, he will always be her best friend. She wanted to be with Chris forever.

There was a knock on the door, Christine’s face lit up, it was Christa, besides talking to her on the phone, she hasn’t seen her in about six months. “Christa,”

Christa ran over towards her, “Christine, are you alright?”

Christine’s grin grew, she grasped Jonathan’s hand and gave it a squeeze. She hoped Chris wasn’t upset that she grabbed Jonathan’s hand first. “Yeah, I’m alright. We’re,” stressed the word We’re and gave Jonathan a small grin, “having a little girl. And Chris and I are getting married,” she held her hand up so they could see her ring.

“That’s great,” Jonathan looked towards Chris, “if you need a best man,” he joked, “he knew he wouldn’t pick him, it would be awkward. “I’m still giving you a bachelor party.”

“Typical men,” Christine stated with a small grin on her face. “You guys ever gotten that feeling, the feeling that you’ve found that one person you wanted to spend the rest of your life with?”

Both their faces now had a growing smirk.

“Yeah I think I do.” Jonathan stated taking a quick glance over to Christa.

“Me too.” Christa added..

Chris looked at the two of them.

Something in Chris' head clicked.

"You two...are...Congrats. :)"

He looked at Jonathan.

"Can I talk to you in private for a moment?"

He pulled Jonathan outside and shut the door.

"Well...I have no other male influences in my life. And I really appreciate the respect you've shown for me when it comes to Christine. And I want to show her that I do trust you and that I'm ok with your presence in our lives. What I'm really getting at is: Could you possibly find it in your heart to be my best man at mine and Christine's wedding?"

Jonathan, now with a small smile plastered on his face nodded and extended his hand. "Sure Chris, but you have to promise me one thing." Chris looked at him questionly, "Would you mind being my best man when I get married to Christa?" Chris nodded and they shook hands and they shared a brief manly hug :). Jonathan looked at him once more, "We should get together later, and I'll help you plan it. Don't worry about paying, it'll be on me. And you're not going to talk me out of it."

-----

"So you and Jonathan have been dating?"

"Yeah and I'm sorry I never told you about it Christine."

"I wouldn't have cared you know?"

"I know," Christa sighed, "It may be selfish of me to say this, but I can't have babies. I think that's why he cheated. You know how much he wants a baby of his own. But as selfish as it sounds, I'm happy he chose to do it with you."

"Don't put the blame directly on your self, ok Christa? Me too, I'm glad it was him and not some other random guy, not that I would do that." Christine put out a bright smile. "You two look really cute together."

"If you pay for mine, I'm paying for your's." He smiled at Jonathan. "And I'm helping with your planning too." He smiled at Jonathan. "Wanna go back in?" He looked through the window and saw Christine, and smiled, incredibly happy to be engaged to someone as beautiful as her.

-----

Christine was finally released from the hospital and Chris, Christa, her and Jonathan all sat in their living room talking about old times. Christine's face lit up, like she just remembered something and she excused herself from the living room and went into the guest room and started fumbling for something. She came back in and was carrying a small blue stuffed bunny rabit. She looked at Jonathan with a small smirk on her face, "Remember this?"

"I still can't believe you've got that," he said with a smile.

She decided to tell everyone the story, "When I was little, Jonathan was pushing me on the swing, and he accidently pushed me a little hard and I fell out and broke my arm. He felt so bad that he gave me this blue rabbit."

"That's right I remember that, I was a year older than you two. He came over crying wanting to see you."

"He came in and was like, I'm sorry for what I did and I know it hurts. When I hurt, my Binky Bunny takes care of me and I want him to take care of you." Christine was smiling now, Jonathan's face was now turning a shade of red. But he just shrugged it off and laughed with every one else there. He reached over and grabbed Binky Bunny and held him close, "Is my Binky ok?" He then laughed with every one else in the room.

Later him and Chris decided to go the the bar and discuss the wedding.

-----

Chris didn't know that Jonathan had this down pat, they sat at a bar with various books set around. Jonathan got a evil grin on his face, "Let's play around with them, eh?"
Chris grinned.

"I think we should have the wedding around Janauary or Feburary, when the baby's here." Jonathan gave Chris' hand a firm squeeze.

Chris was trying to hold back laughter.

"We need an engagement party and I set it up for next month on the 12th. I've put in the announcments in the Newspaper both up here and in Ohio. I own a private part of an island in Hawaii, so that will be a good spot to get married. I've ordered the invitatios. Christine's dad is going to give her away. The photographer and videographer are set." He pulled a book over towards them, "This is what the bouquet is going to look like, Christine's favorite flowers, cream roses, carnations and gardinas and this is her wedding dress, I'm going to get her mother to send it. She's always liked the song, 'Air on the G String,' by Bach. That's what will be playing while the guests are getting settled. Along with 'All You Need Is Love by the Beatles,' and 'Beautiful Day,' by U2. Along with some other songs. Your first dance is going to be Your Everything, that's Christine's favorite song, and I just so happen to have Keith Urban scheduled to come and sing at the wedding."

Chris smiled.

"I've ordered these platinum wedding bands, and don't say that you can't accept them, they're my gift."

Chris smiled.

"I thought it'd be cool if when you cut the cake, which I've put in a order for too, that the song Sugar Pie Honey Bun is playing. At the reception, I'm going to perform the Chicken Dance and Ice Ice Baby. Don't ask about the Chicken Dance, it's just something that me and Christine did in college :lol:. I was thinking Macarena, YMCA, Locomotion, Stayin Alive. But you can pick some other reception songs." Jonathan said with a smile. We both know who she's going to pick for her bride's maid. And her brother's daughter will be our flower girl." Jonathan let out a breath. "Did I miss anything?"

"The Bachelor party." He smiled wide. He was hiding his distress at how much Jonathan knew about Christine. All the laughter he had spent was nervous laughter. He just didn't want Jonathan to win back her heart with all of these memories. He trusted him, but he couldn't help having some weariness from past experiences.

Jonathan's face grew into a smile, "What do you say about midget strippers," seeing Chris' face growing into a shocked look, "I'm just joking." He gave him a big smile, "I was thinking we just get together, the two of us, go to a couple of bars. Who needs strippers when you have Christine?" He gave him a small smile. Jonathan knew it was making Chris nervous, with him planning the wedding. "Look Chris, I know this isn't easy. But I do want to give you my word. I'm really in love with Christa, I want to spend the rest of my life with her," he pulled a small box out of his pocket. The top read Tiffany & Co. He opened the box to let Chris see the $6,000 dollar ring that he had bought for Christa. "As you can see, if I'm looking forward to spending every day with Christa." He sighed, "If only I can come up with a romantic way to propose. But knowing me, I'll completly ruin it."

"Wow...Great ring." He looked Chris in the eye. "You deserve honesty. I'm only worried because you two seemed to bond well over those memories and you remember a lot about her. With my past relationships, I get a little paranoid, but I trust you not to do anything and I know...or at least I hope I know...that you wouldn't do a thing to jeopardize your's and mine relationships." He smiled. "And those bachelor party plans sound great."

Jonathan gave him a small smile, "I promise. I love Christa and I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize my relationship with her. I'm glad you feel that way about the bachelor party, cause I don't want to look at those girls when I'm going to have Christa," he smiled again, "they're nothing compared to her. And thanks for letting us stay with you guys until our stuff gets moved in." Jonathan took a drink of his beer. "We need to get back to the girls."

"Yes we do." He looked at his watch. "It's only 5. Why don't we take them out for a good fancy dinner. My treat." He smiled at walked away from the bar, heading home. When he got there, he kissed Christine and smiled at Christa. "How are you two doing?"

Jonathan sat down beside Christa and placed a small kiss on her lips.

"We're fine, just talking about stuff." Christa said as she saw Christine's face turn pale white and she jumped up from the couch and ran into the bathroom. They all heard vomiting noises coming from the bathroom. Jonathan's face grew into a worried look and Chris gave him a look that told him it was ok to go and check on her.

"You ok?" He asked peeking into the bathroom.

"Umm, yeah. I kind of forgot that morning sickness isn't just a morning thing. I'm fine, I promise." They exited the room and came back into the living room. They then left to go out for dinner.

Chris walked them all into Chez Dorslythiff. He got them a romantic table and then sat down. "Fancy place. I like it. It is always good to get out every once in a while for a night on the town. And I don't know about all of you, but I definitely needed this." He smiles at them and then orders the restaurant's best bottle of wine.

Back