TalkCSI: RolePlay

"I feel great," she smiled up to him, "Maybe when we get home, we can try to make it a flawless night." She gave him a seductive smile. She really didn't feel like she had been poisoned. And at that time, the doctor came in with her tox tests and gave her a clean bill of health, everything was gone out of her system, not a drop of poison was present. She smiled up at Chris.

Chris drove home as fast as he could. Before he could go into the bedroom, Christine stopped him.

"Wait just a second." She locked the door, changed into some lingerie that she had bought a couple days before, lit some candles and put on some romantic music. She unlocked the door but didn't open it. She laid down on the bed on her side and propped her head seductivly in her hand and called, "I'm ready Sweetie,"

He opened the door, so happy she was ok. He was only wearing his boxers and crawled next to her in the bed. "You look gorgeous. I want to prove to you how much I love you. Mind, body, and soul." He smiled at her and brushed her hair out of her face and kissed her deeply and very strongly.

Christine awoke the next morning, totally at peace, for the first time in quite a while. It felt nice to wake up beside someone special. She snuggled into his chest, taking in the way he smelt, she jumped a little as he brought his arms around her waist pulling her closer to him. She thought he was still asleep.

"Geez, you almost gave me a heart attack." She joked. "Good morning baby."

"Sorry about that." He kissed her neck. "A very good morning it is." He smiled. "Any plans for today?" He sat up, looking down at her, lying down next to him. He was rubbing her back to comfort her further. He smiled when he thought about just how lucky of a guy he was.

She smiled down to him, "Well, I was thinking that we would go into work, we don't have the day off today, you know." But that's not for another 6 hours, so, I think we could just do this instead." She leaned down and gave him a kiss and pulled away.

"But if you don't want to, that's fine with me."

She flashed him a little smirk.

He pulled her in for another kiss. "Sounds like a plan." He kissed her again and then went under the covers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He stepped out of the shower and smiled. "You look lovely without the make-up sweetheart." He smiled at her and put on a shirt and slacks.

"Thanks, sweetie." She was putting on her clothes, she didn't like to dress up, so she put on some blue jean pants with some black Vans shoes and a tshirt that said 'I love pirates.' She liked to be comfortable at work, so she dressed comfortably.

-----

After stopping for a quick breakfast at a diner, they made it to the lab.

He walked into his office and saw a body with a note on the table. He approached it and saw it was a teenaged female on the table. He read the note, which said: 'The First of Many.' He shuddered and took the note to the lab for fingerprinting and a handwriting analysis.

Christine saw Chris approaching from the corner of her eye. She had just finished up with a bit of dna evidence that someone had dropped off earlier.

"Hea," she smiled up to him. "What you got there?" He told her that this was found on a body that was in the morgue. She put on her gloves and took the paper. She studied it closely, "I'm taking a wild guess at this," she said looking closely at the paper, "but I'm guessing this is from a female writer. It kind of reminds me of the way I used to write in high school, you may be looking for a teenage female."

"Thanks..." He walked back to the morgue and started doing an autopsy on the body. He wrote down his findings after he was done. "Blunt force trauma to the head, 2 distinct blows. Massive hemmhoraging. Appears to be writing on her body. It reads, 'So it begins. First we start off with a girl the age of thirteen, got in this mess by constantly flirting. Every guy she would pass on the street, would get a taste of the bittersweet agony of her despair, but then she came across my lair. She tried to ruin my life in whole, so now she dies, with no more soul. Too bad she couldn't find true love. Now she rests in peace above.'" Chris shuddered as he finished his report. He walked back to the lab and kissed Christine's neck.

"Hey..."

"Oh hey, did you find anything else?" She looked into his eyes, something was wrong. She had a feeling it had something to do with the case. "What did you find?" Christine never could get over investigating the deaths of children of any ages, life was getting more and more short. That was the downside of her going on the field, they were going to start her training now, she would be going out with Chris during this investigation.

He showed Christine his findings. "This isn't the end. She's a poet and she is not sane. She is gonna keep going. I really don't know where to start on this one. Maybe running her fingerprints? Has that been done yet?" He looked at Christine, hoping she had and there would be conclusive results that came from this.

She flashed him a small smile, "Beat you to it, prints came back, Sophia Taylor. They came off of one of those Ident a Kid things that parents get filed every year. 17 years old, goes to Westin Hills High." She handed him the paper with the adress to the school and to her parents'. "Oh, I searched her name through the school's site and got a lot of prize winning poetry." She pointed to the screen.

"Any scanned in pieces that would give us a hand writing sample." He smiled at her knowing full well they were making great progress on this. He grabbed her hand and squeezed, showing his affection for her in any possible way, shape, or form that he possibly could. He just had to make sure it was subtle as he really didn't want others to find out just yet.

Christine sighed, "There is this one," she scrolled the page up to one of the first poems. "This is a poem she wrote when she was 6,

I saw a big pig,
Who wore a wig,
And did a very funny jig.
After that he got a twig
And hit another little pig!

Not much to go on, considering how kids that age write. Let me see what else I can find. She opened Google.com and typed in Sophia Taylor + handwritten poetry. She looked at the image results. One entitled You Know My Name caught her eye, she opened it and read it aloud first.

"I am of people like Charles Manson, Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, and the like
But they were careless and dumb enough to get caught, but no not me
They were messy and didn't pick the right time to strike
I was trained in anatomy so my murders were very precise, see.

I was never messy or uncertain in what I did
The others were stupid because they got caught
I watch all this from my perch in hell, because this is where I was destined to go because of what I did
Ladies of the night were my prey, women no one would miss and for any price they could be bought.

I feel most of the others murdered on a whim,and not carefully thought out
I was very sure in what I did, the police they just made me laugh
My victims never suspected me because they didn't know what I was all about
If I could have taught the others, I would have taught them well and made them part of my staff.

I kept a few souvenirs as a reminder of what I had done
They were to remind me of my acts, as I congratulated myself of my precise work
I only took five lives but boy did I have fun
So ladies of White Chapel, beware of the darkness where I would lurk.

If I were still alive I would have shown the others a thing or two
My name remains immortal showing I was the master, everyone knows or has heard my name
To be precise, not to get caught, me making mistakes they were very few
You know my name, Jack the Ripper, one in the same." She looked up at Chris, "I think we're dealing with a insane person here, who the hell writes something like that for a school project? This one's in all capital letters, so it won't be good for comparison for the other letters."

Two more caught her eye, something about them telling her to click on them, the first one was the strangest poems she'd ever read,

"These voices in my head just wont go away.
Everytime I ask them to leave ,they stay.
I dont know how much more I can take,
I wish they would materialize to be pierced with a stake.
Having these voices isn't very mundane,
but my mind will forever be their domain."

"Could it be she has a case of multiple personalities?" She asked. Then she clicked on the other.

"I quickly tire of hearing you scream,
as i glare at you my eyes beam
soon you do not know but will be dead
and will regret every word you said
as i stab you ,the knife i twist
i will feel the death i have long missed
deep down you know that you deserved it
and i am the one who has reserved it
this gift i give you, i hand you with pleasure
and this memory i will forever treasure."

"These two will be perfect for c comparing," she printed saved the two of them onto the computer and then went and blew them up. She scanned the letter from the body onto the computer and blew it up as well. She isolated a few of the letters and printed them on a some transparent paper. She slowly studied the letters, two uppercase G's.

"They match," she said looking up at Chris. "I'm going to try one more thing." She clicked back onto the internet and went to myspace.com and typed in Sophia Taylor. A page popped up. She looked at some of the pictures and printed one out, "This says it's her, she's not quite what I expected her to look like." She looked at the short brown hair girl wearing a cheerleader costume. "Maybe it is some type of multiple personalities case," she looked close to her right wrist, "Geez, she's got a tattoo of Charlie Manson." She clicked through a couple more pictures, "Oh god, tell me that's not a real body?" She looked at the blonde, in a cheerleading costume, throat slashed and body covered in what appeared in knife wounds. She looked up to Chris, "Is this the vic?" Then she looked at her calender, "We've got to move fast, says here," the screen read zzyil eisd xnet! She tried to comprehend it, "What is it Lizzy dies next, it's marked for the day after tomorrow. You might want to get an officer to place her in police custody. Tell them to track Sophia down too."

Back