Supernatural

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ Yeah I noticed that song too- it's awesome. :) Who's it by?

Yeah, that whole 1983 thing is bothering me too, especially if there are kids whose mothers weren't burned in fires, like Ava's. Plus, there could have been some before 1983, but they didn't care before then obviously... Ah, we need more information! Damn that Kripke and the scraps he's feeding us slowly! :lol:

Anyway, it's all keeping me interested either way. :)

Oh man, I'm totally embarrassed. I went back and checked out that song, then Googled the title on the internet... turns out I have that whole album by Muse! D'oh! I'm such a tool. :lol:

I was just rewatching the last episode and appreciating the fact that, while there were some dark themes involved (yeah, who wants to find out they may turn into a monster, or may have to kill their own brother?) they still managed to keep the humour going. Ava was obviously a big contributor there- she was hilarious.

Plus, I love how they end the episode with the guys reaffirming they've got each other's backs and are just going to "keep on keeping on"... and the whole "Bitch" "Jerk" exchange was nice too. :)

When I first heard the song and saw the title, it brought huge feelings of deja vu, and I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Then, yesterday, I played it for my friend, and he was like "hey, isn't that the song I played for you a couple weeks ago that you said you wanted to get?" :lol:

All right, so here's a couple of key points from my theories about the 4 psychics whose mom's got burnt...

-at first I thought that maybe there were just four main types of abilities: telekinesis, mind control, premonitions, and... zapping things... (or maybe object manipulation is what it really is or something). We haven't really met enough psychics yet to tell if this could possibly be an answer, but each of the four have something different, and the ones that didn't have burnt moms have the same abilities as one of the four... I guess we'll see...
-the four could be the ones with the most potential to be powerful or something... I mean, Andy wasn't as good as Weber, but it could be simply because he wasn't practicing, and wasn't being guided by the yellow eyed demon. Scott didn't really do much either, but he was resisting it. Max got really good in a really short time. And Sam, well, he can't control it yet, but compared to Ava, he seems to have more frequent visions. Plus, the whole moving the cabinet thing.

Yeah, I dunno about these... I kinda was grasping for anything that could possibly have some application in any way. I even wondered about things like "well, maybe The Four are just all really smart..." or that there was some connection between them in some other way. Meh, I guess I'll just have to be patient to find out. :D

Something that I'm interested to get answers about is if 'significant-other killing' is actually regular. It was kinda assumed that Jess getting burned was weird, because it didn't fit the pattern. But Ava's fiance got killed too, potentially by The Demon. Maybe it's not so unusual after all. For all we know, Ava could have been exactly 22 years and 6 months the day here fiance got throat-slashed...

And one more thing I found hilarious: Dean wants to go to Amsterdam, right? But to do that, wouldn't they have to fly in a plane? :lol: Oh Dean... <3

Actually those theories about the four are as good as any I've heard. :)

I was sort of thinking their mothers were burned up because the demon was hoping it would screw up their upbringing somehow. In a couple cases it definitely did, so...? I dunno. I know I'm reaching with that one. :p

Actually, that's a pretty good theory, about it screwing up their upbringing. I've seen quite a bit of discussion about that one, and I think it sounds really quite good. I was thinking about mentioning it too, but I was struggling to try to keep my post short. :lol: Seriously, I am waaaaaaaay to long-winded. :lol:

I don't like to think about why the things on Supernatural happen, it gives me headaches. I just let everyone else post their theories and I just go along with the one I think is best and most probable :lol:

^^^ That's probably for the best! :lol: I'm a full supporter of taking the easy way out at all times! :D

Yay, new Supernatural tonight! I'm psyched... this looks like they're first real "haunted house" styled episode. I'm obviously really looking forward to it. Mind you, it probably wouldn't matter what it was about and I'd still be looking forward to it! ;)

I wonder how many episodes will pass before we get some hints on the whole Ava situation.

allstar12 said:
Awwwwesome episode.

Creepy, chilling and bloody hilarious!
I'll second that!!

So many great comedic moments! Sarcasm is definately Dean's friend! :lol: Anyone else notice that Sam has been wearing that cast for a very long time now? I mean, they said it's been a month since the Ava episode, so...I know Jared had it taken off a while back, but they kept a fake one on for continuity.

I read about an upcoming episode- seems like it'll have a bunch more comedic moments- the story is told in kind of a flashback style with each guy giving the way they remember it happening, so of course, each takes his own liberties :lol:

Man that was a trippy episode... but I loved it! I was giggling through half of it, I swear. It always sort of impresses me how they can bounce from serious to funny and back again all the time. They've got it down! :)

I'll have to come back tomorrow and say some more b/c I'm too tired right now. yawwwwwwwnnnnnnn

Good episode though. :)

Not really a spoiler .. more like an obsevation.

Anyone else notice that Sam didn't have his cast on when he was hugging the toilet, but in the next scene he did. :lol:

What exactly don't you understand? I'm sure we can help you out. :)

OK, so as I mentioned, I loved this episode. I'm coming to the conclusion that Dean is somewhat like a cop- he uses humour to deflect the horrors of what he sees "on the job"... and in his case, what he's dealing with regarding his brother.

Anyway, the whole intro with the "Are you guys antiquers?" and "King bed?" questions had me in stitches. As soon as she said "antiquers" I knew where it was all heading! :lol: The whole thing was hilarious. Not to mention later when Dean was questioning why everyone thinks they're gay and Sam makes the comment about him being "butch"! Too funny!

The part where Dean goes on about Sam and his love of dolls was hilarious as well. I giggled through the whole thing. Too funny.

Then, that weird flash to Sam getting all emotional freaked me out at first; I thought he was possessed or something! :lol: It was funny how he said Dean was short and then started laughing though. :lol: And does anybody else hope to see some outtakes of that scene in the gag reel? I'm betting Jared probably went in for the joke kiss while they were sort of embracing there at the end! And then Jensen will be pushing him off and spitting distastefully saying something like, "Get off me man!" I'm betting even money on that one! :lol:

Anyway, I think Dean was just telling Sam what he wanted to hear. I don't think he'd ever be able to kill Sam, even if he turned into a monster. As much as he wants to be, he's not like their father that way. He isn't ready to sacrifice anything necessary to fight/kill the demon. I really don't think he would be able to bring himself to do it. I've sort of been thinking about that, and going back to Croatoan. When Dean sent the others away and stayed with Sam, what would he have done if Sam "turned"? Would he have killed him, or simply let Sam change him too? I have a hard time deciding on that one.

Lastly, after Sam's little breakdown about not being able to save that guy, I think that, not only is Sam given a reprieve when he gets to save that little girl, I think it's also a hint to us that Sam's never going to go darkside. At least not without some sort of serious supernatural intervention. ;)

In fact, I mentioned this previously- how I think the demon messed with those 4 specific families so that the "special" kids would have screwed up upbringings, and would therefore make it more likely that they could be turned to the darkside. (Sorry if I keep using the Star Wars terminology, but it fits so well! :lol: ) It's like the whole nature vs nurture argument. Are you born bad or does your environment while you grow to maturity make you bad?

Bottom line: Sam's obviously a good, moral person, so if he did become a monster, it would have to be due to some demonic influence or something. I don't think psychic abilities alone would turn him evil; I just think that the demon wants these kids because of their abilities- he wants to turn them to his side. I don't think he gave them the abilities. I think he can just sense the potential in the babies, and the 4 where he killed their mothers and burned the homes were just 4 that he found.

I don't know... I'm just thinking out loud here. :p

BabaOReilly said:
What exactly don't you understand? I'm sure we can help you out. :)
thanks..i got distracted and missed what happened right after they rescued the girl from the pool..then i saw the last scene with her playing with the girl and was confused at what happened in between lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back