Supernatural

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man... yeah you're right! I can't say anything just yet and it's killing me! :p Oh well, I guess I can wait until the weekend...

Great episode though and I don't think it would be spoiling anything to say that the guest actress this week was amazing! :)

GROVER SURPLANTED?!!! I think not. allstar is correct in assuming the end is nigh should that ever happen. Grover will be dancing his way into the apocalypse, you can count on it. :cool:

:eek: I want to know what the secret its! :lol:

Someone PM me with it so I can hold it against my sister. :p ...Plus I'm too impatient and love being spoiled.

NO! SPEED! NO!

It'll be so much better when you watch it. Yes, torturing the sister sounds like fun, but no. Just, NO!

:p

:lol: Thought so. :p

I guess I can wait a few hours. :lol: Besides, it'll give me more time to do erm...Homework and things.

ETA: So instead of doing homework and being productive, I visited a Supernatural message board and got the answer myself so HA. :lol: I'll still watch it tonight though, because the secret is only half the reason I want to watch it. :p --Gotta set some time out for the boys. ;)

*comes back as zombie after dying from suspense*

Hey, thanks guys so much for not spoiling us! I really appreciate that. :D I was like "Can't...resist...Talk...CSI! *click*" so it was nice that I didn't have to worry about the spoilage. :D

Hehe, I was thinking the same thing about dancing!Grover. Baba will never break. :lol: Speaking of whom, Baba, were you right about your theory about The Secret? Or were you completely taken off guard? :)

speed, oh no!! You cracked! :( :lol: Mind you, I guess it's just as exciting finding out one way or the other, and this way you won't be so blown away by The Secret that you missed out on the... other fine points of the episode. ;) I too am supposed to be doing homework right now (we had a big-assed blizzard the other day, and classes got cancelled, and I'm supposed to be catching up, but this is so much more fun). I think Supernatural takes precedence over lowly things like homework, and school, and one's future and whatnot. :D :lol:

And, something that went through my mind after I wrote my little thing about zombies ^up there...

"If I was a zombie, I'd TOTALLY want Dean Winchester to nail me to my gravebed. ;) ;)"

So much innuendo, so much... :lol:

*dies from suspense*

Yeah, my theory... I wouldn't say I was completely off base, but I wasn't dead on either... It's a tough call. I think time will prove me right! :lol:

I can't really elaborate though, without spoilers... Ask me again once you've all seen the episode. :)

Hey! My Grover has disappeared! What the...?!!! :mad:

No dancing!Grover?!? Oh my God it really IS the apocalypse! :eek:

So, I was just looking at the TV listings for various cities in various time zones, and it appears as though all us 'waiting for Friday' folks should have seen the entire episode in just over 5 hours from now... unless I've overlooked something somewhere. So, shall we say that that could be the Official Squee Time where we can say whatever without worrying about spoilerage? If that doesn't work for you, let me know, so I can try to contain myself. :p

So then say, 6 hours from now, after the ep is actually over? That sounds like a safe bet. :)

I gotta go fix Grover. AGAIN. grumble grumble...[/b]

Dude. OMG!! Gah, where to start? How bout from the beginning... ok, and although I'm pretty sure everybody will have seen it by now, I'll throw in some spoiler space just in case. :D Now, just so we're clear, I'm letting it all out here, so major major spoilerage. Oh, and also: this is gonna be long. :p

1. Loved the song at the beginning, with the psychic dude... and also loved the psychic dude himself. Was sad to see him go. :( 2. Well, ok, so not quite the bombshell I was expecting for The Secret. Although I love it when they drop something huge and it's like "OMFG!!!", I'm pretty happy with this too, because it still advances the mytharc, but still leaves me with gazillions of burning questioins. 3. OMG Jensen and Jared's acting in the scene by the lake was EFFING BRILLIANT!!! *dies* 4. Sammy exploded! What an amazing shot, with little bits of Sam splattering against the camera. 5. I loved Ellen in this ep. I mean, I liked her a lot before, but this was just awesome for me. She makes a really good mother figure, in my eyes (although the Sam/Ellen shippers were probably having a field day). 6. Damn it, only 4 psy!kids with fires? That's hardly a pattern at all! Gah!7. Ava is MADE OF AWESOME. :D The scene at the psychologist's office - lmao! Also, Ava brings up all kinds of questions for me about the strength of Sam's powers. There's been all the talk about how come all the other psy!kids have a pretty good grasp on their abilities, but Sam is still out of control. And then Ava comes along, with the same ability as Sam, and yet she's only had a couple of dreams here and there, nothing quite as powerful as Sam so far. Interesting. 8. Oh Dean! You saved Sammy from sniper!Gordan. :D But then got KTFO. Ouch. 9. Gun!geek Sam! Sam: "These are 223 calibre. Subsonic rounds, the guy must have put a supresser on the rifle." Ava: "Dude! Who are you?!" :lol: 10. Oh boys, you with your code words and such... always prepared for everything. Also, notice that when Gordon holds the phone to Dean's ear, he's not pointing the gun at Dean's head, but at his crotch. :lol: After all, it is Dean's most vital organ. :lol: 11. The entire thing with Dean and Gordon and the trap for Sam was super... Dean's was looking pretty scared. I also liked the music as Sam was sneaking around, it reminded me of The Bourne Identity/Supremacy (which reminded me of an interview with Jared where he said he wanted to see what Sam was capable of, and go all "Bourne Supremacy" on someone). And then the explosions! And Dean's reactions! Guh! Oh Jensen! 12. "Do it! Show your brother the killer you really are, Sammy." *whack* "It's Sam." I choked on my rootbeer. Which I stupidly drank even though I told myself not to drink it during the episode because it was a choking hazard. *rolleyes* 13. THEY ALMOST HUGGED!!! *dies* Such a wonderful, brotherly moment. And not too chick-flicky. *swooon* 14. Ok, the scene at the end, I loved and hated. Hated because the boys were getting the fingerprints and stuff ALL OVER THE CRIME SCENE!! Agh! Don't they freakin' watch CSI?! I mean, they've been into enough trouble with the law as it is... arg. But the scene made up for that with the sulphur, and the awesomeness.
So, in summary: Personally, I really did love this ep. I can see how some people may have been disappointed, what with the secret being what it was, and the somewhat predictability of what was happening. But I really did love it. One of my favourites. :D

Anyways, that's probably quite enough from me now, and I have to be going anyways, so I hope you all enjoyed the ep, and have many a happy squee until next week. :p :D

===============
Edited to add a spoiler tag.

Awesome post quickbeam_cw!

I pretty much agree with everything you said, so you saved me some typing- Thanks!! :D :lol:

I loved Ava- Katharine Isabelle did a fantastic job! I also liked that they left her storyline open a bit for her to return.

*ponders* now why is Sam the one with the powers, etc and not Dean? and why all peeps from 1983?

I agree with everything that quickbeam said as well. :D

I really enjoyed the episode! I found myself squeeing a lot, and I choked on my Pepsi at least three times. :lol: There should be a rule: No drinking during Supernatural.

The one thing I had a small problem with, was The Secret. It wasn't even that big of a deal. (Even though I looked it up before the episode because I'm that lame. --Wasn't as extravagant as I thought it would be.) But it still revealed a lot about why Sam has his nightmares and why the demon went after his family. :)

I can't wait for next week!

You don't think that being told you may have to kill your brother is a big deal?!!! :eek: You cats is KEEEE-RAZY! :lol:

OK, here's my question: These 4 people in particular have these powers and were apparently all born in 1983... Why did the demon only torch 4 nurseries then? What was the significance of those 4 people? Was it b/c they were all born the same year? And here's another thing that's been troubling me- just as they pulled baby Sam from the crib, it went up in flames. Does that mean he was actually supposed to have died? And along that line- when John told them he'd been following the signs that meant the demon was coming during the last year while he was missing, he said he always got there too late- does that mean the babies were killed, or that he wasn't there in time to stop the mothers from doing the flaming ceiling death dance... or both? Basically, why was the demon in these few nurseries back in 1983, and apparently some other ones more recently? Why only select people? And is he actually trying to kill the babies?

OK, sorry for the barrage of questions! :lol: I'm just trying to sort out the pattern. The way I see it, if he was trying to kill these babies, then in the upcoming war, probably some of these "gifted" folks will fight for mankind. Therefore, Sam could still be a "chosen one", despite his potential for evil. Again, it has the potential to be all Luke Skywalker-y, I think... which would be cool with me, incidentally. :)

What do you guys think? Do you have theories? Do you think I'm nuts? ;)

I don't think you're nuts at all, Baba, the whole '4 special kids' thing has been driving me nuts too... I spent a pile of time last night trying to figure out any connection, and writing a pile of theories down. Unfortunately, that Word document is on my laptop, which isn't with me right now. *sigh* But, in a couple days, I’m gonna have a big post about all my theories. ;) :D

I don't think The Demon was trying to kill the babies, and yet that is really weird how Sam's crib bursts into flame... although I think it probably just boils down to the special effects department making it as dramatic as possible. I always assumed that John meant he never saved the mothers in time... but if that's the case, and the kids got rescued, it sure would be handy if John had kept track of who they were so that could maybe give the boys a few more clues. But, no, he’s dead, and didn’t tell them everything he knew about The Demon anyways, so they have to start from square one practically. :mad:

One of the biggest things that’s been driving me nuts is that Sam keeps assuming that it’s only ’83 babies, but I think there’s an extremely good chance that there could be some from other years, too… at least ’82 or ’84 if nothing else. Just because he’s found a couple of psy!kids born in ’83, he assumes that’s the only year. But, when The Demon starts burning moms recently, they weren’t all born in the same year:

In Salvation, John says “Look, our whole lives we’ve been searching for this demon, right? And not a trace, just nothing….until about a year ago.” Now, according to this timeline, Salvation took place in approx. October of 2006. That means that Rosie must have been born in about April, ’06 (give or take a couple months, in case the timeline on that website is slightly off). But, if John found signs of mommy burnings in October-ish of ’05, then those babies would have been born in ’05. So, if that string of burnings takes place over more than one year, then there could be way more kids close to Sammy’s age.

Also, I have so many questions about Ava and Sam’s connection. So, they seem to have the same ability. It appears at first as though The Demon killed both of their significant others. Does he burn females and slash the throats of males? And I really want to know when Ava’s birthday is, too. Because if it ‘aint in ’83, then who knows how many psy!kids there are… there could have been dozens born every year for the past 20 years… yikes.

One last thing: Is there any pattern to the location of mommy burnings? We’ve had Kansas, Oklahoma, Michigan, and Indiana in ’83; Arizona, New Jersey, California, and Iowa in ‘05/’06. And does the Demon only burn moms in the U.S.? Do demons care about political boundaries? :p

ETA: Man, I'm sorry, my posts keep getting really fricking long. Whoops.

Oh, and also, I friggin' love the song "Supermassive Black Hole" which was playing in the background when Sam was at the Roadhouse (I think that's when it was anyways, can't remember). :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back