Supernatural #3 - No Chick Flick Moments

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Urban Legend, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yeah, I thought it was interesting how Lucifer used that "we're so alike" bit- it seems like a lot of these characters have parallel experiences, so really, Sam could be as much like one of the other angels, really. Poor Sam. You make one little mistake... :lol: In the end though, I think we're going to have to see the end of the angels one way or another. I think in the end, it'll be the Winchester boys side by side, and stronger together than they ever were. I think the whole point of having Castiel stick around (or at least partially) is to show how the relationship between Sam and Dean has degenerated so much- by having Dean trust someone else more than his own brother. And I think in the end, that brotherhood will be restored to new heights. In the end, I think that was the backbone to Kripke's story- two brothers who, against the odds, support each other and eventually come out on top. Sadly, this is why I also think Cas is probably going to have to die... :sad: But I'm sure it'll be a glorious end, nonetheless.
    The End.

:lol:

Sorry, I know some of you have come to have an "unearthly" ( ;) ) love of our favourite angel, and I too love the character... but in the end this show is about Sam and Dean. That's where it started, and that's where I think it's going to end.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't understand why Cas would have to die for the show to end with the brothers. He doesn't have to die, he just has to go back up to Heaven and be an angel there again. Why would he have to die? It could very well end with the boys standing strong and Cas telling them they both did well and that he's proud of them both and that he'll always be watching over them (from Heaven), but that he has to return to his home now. Them saying goodbye to him, don't know if we'd get hugs or not (lol), but then he could just return to Heaven (after of course his father returns his full powers). The show would still end with the brothers. Though Sam is probably going to have to do something pretty darned extraordinary in order to restore the faith/trust Dean once had in him. Perhaps if Sam stays strong and keeps on saying no to Lucifer and thus causing Lucifer to lose the battle, that'll be enough to do it.

It could still end with Gabriel coming in at the last minute (it just seems to me that there has to be a greater reason that the Trickster turned out to be arch angel Gabriel), killing Lucifer (since Gabe is an arch angel after all) and deciding that he was wrong for running out on his family (just as Sam knows he was wrong for running out on Dean) then just as it ends with Sam and Dean's relationship being restored, so can it for Cas and Gabe's relationship. They are brothers too after all. And let's face it, Cas is NEVER going to want anything to do with Zachariah ever again... that ship has sailed. :lol: But Gabe is a different story. He hasn't done anything too terribly bad yet and can still be redeemed, just as Sam can be. In the end if Sam continues to say no to Lucifer and Gabe returns to help, both of them will probably be redeemed in the eyes of their brothers. Gabe and Cas can return to Heaven together and Sam and Dean can ride off in the Impala together... to Bobby's or somewhere to take six months off from fighting (let some of the other hunters take any odd jobs if need be for a bit just to have some down time).

If it is the series finale that is....

The last scene could be Sam and Dean doing something fun together (no strip clubs please lol) or something that will show a brotherly bond. Bowling, pool, roller coasters, etc... just anything... even fishing. Then one of them gets a call on their phone informing them of some kind of demon/ghost/other activity. Then relay the message to his brother and one of them saying, "Let's go kick so evil ass!" *end scene* :)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  3. BabaOReilly

You know, you're absolutely right. He doesn't have to die. I guess I'm just thinking about Kripke's unpredictabilty with where characters end up. But you're right, he could just go back to heaven, where he should be, I guess. That definitely wouldn't bother me at all. ;)

4. lyric

lyric Dead on Arrival

Do you think they'll kill Lucifer?

Somehow, I can't see the series doing this.

5. BabaOReilly

Yeah, I don't see that happening either. I think he will just be re-banished, but with tougher chains this time. ;)

6. GregNickRyanFan

It depends. If this is the last season I can Lucifer being killed. But if they plan to make more seasons then I can see him just being rechained/rebanished for future use. But then again on Buffy they killed the Master and he still returned later in other episodes in some way. So, it just depends. :lol:

7. BabaOReilly

I wasn't thinking of it in terms of seasons, actually. I was sort of thinking like, "This is the devil... like the ultimate bad guy. They can't kill him."

8. GregNickRyanFan

Well, you may be right because now that I think about it... the big big bad on Buffy was called "the first evil" (rather than it being the master, he was only the big vampire bad, but the biggest bad of them all was this "first evil") and I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong because my memory sucks lol) they actually killed "the first evil" as much as just thwarted its plans which kept it from officially coming to the surface in coporeal (sp) form and taking over the world. :lol: So maybe Lucifer is to the Winchesters what The First Evil was to Buffy. :lol:

9. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I don't really see them killing Lucifer Satan and I'm sorry if I refuse to call him Lucifer It's a bunch of crap that they refuse to call him Satan on the show. I'm sorry but that really gets on my nerves :rolleyes: But I'm thinking they find a way to send him back to hell and if they do another season I would love for them to put an end to all the angel vs Demon stuff and go back to what made all of us love this show to begin with good ol urban legends ;)

I came with a few spoilers:

“We’re aiming for it to be a big mythology episode,” reveals Supernatural boss Eric Kripke, adding that, “The Archangel Michael plays a very large part as we explore his relationship with Dean.”

But what form will Arch Mike take?

And I'm cringing at the thought that fans on forums throwing the idea of Adam Lambert out there. The last time I checked he wasn't an actor :wtf: I don't care if he's popular and a really good singer, the role of Michael should be a really good actor IMO.

When Supernatural first began on the WB in 2005, the story was simple: Dean Winchester (Ackles) recruits his little brother Sam (Padalecki) back into the family business of monster-busting in order to find their missing dad (Jeffrey Dean Morgan). At that time, Kripke had mapped out his grand, five-season plan that would feature Dean getting sent to hell, Sam flirting with his demonic dark side, Lucifer appearing on Earth and the Apocalypse starting. But a funny thing happened on the way to the end of the world: the heavenly host. “I had a rule as late as season three where I said I didn’t want angels on this show because I didn’t want to do the Michael Landon Highway to Heaven thing,” Kripke says. But while puttering around his house one day, it hit him that angels might be a good idea after all. “Old Testament angels, like warrior angels who smite and angels who destroy cities: That could be a whole new real estate that we hadn’t explored yet,” he recalls. “Star Wars had that amazing off-camera scope, where you had this massive empire and this massive rebellion, but the story is about a farm boy, a princess and a pirate. The angels and demons gave us this massive off-camera scope that Sam and Dean didn’t always have be so closely involved with. It really threw the whole world into focus for us.”

And it led to what’s become the big theme of this season. God has essentially gone missing from heaven, the angels are kind of a corrupt bunch, and the archangel Michael has chosen Dean to be his "weapon" against the fallen angel Lucifer (Mark Pellegrino), who wants Sam to be his vessel on Earth in this biblical face-off. “Once we started looking at the Lucifer/Michael story and realizing it’s a story about a loyal big brother and a disobedient little brother and their father and their relationship with him, we realized how closely it mirrored Sam and Dean’s story and that this is of course where everything had to culminate,” Kripke says. “This has always been a show that was primarily about family, and the thematics were always different aspects of family relationships: Do you obey your father or do you rebel? How much do you trust your brother? What’s more important, your family or your own personal ambition? We have this attitude that angels, demons, afterlife and the supernatural, it’s all just static, and that what’s really important is taking care of each other and taking care of your brothers, whoever they may be.”

SN510b_7267b Last night’s episode, the final one of 2009, featured Lucifer facing off against Sam, Dean and the good fallen angel, Castiel (Misha Collins), as Lucifer summoned the second of his Four Horsemen, Death. War was introduced earlier, and Kripke says that while Pestilence shows up near the end of the season, we’ll meet Famine in a February episode. “When you’re under the effects of Famine, you’re not necessarily hungry for food. You’re hungry for whatever that thing is you’re starving for, be it alcohol or attention or love or sex or Twinkies or heroine or gambling. We found a way to create a really quirky and disturbing and provocative episode because everyone at the end of the day is starving for something, and Famine brings that out.” Also, Michael will finally make his appearance in an episode where Sam and Dean go back and see their mom and dad as newlyweds. Michael’s “the one who kicked Lucifer’s ass the first time and is now gearing up for the rematch,” Kripke says. And the boys will visit heaven for the first time. “In case anyone wanted to know, heaven looks a lot like Vancouver,” Kripke quips. “At least we’ve been able to answer that question.”

And yes, God will definitely be appearing, Kripke reveals, probably in the season finale. “One of the storylines this season is about searching for God, and we want to answer that in our own way.” He says that that’s a tough casting call and chuckles at the suggestion of Christopher Walken maybe playing his Big Man Upstairs. “We’re just trying to figure out God’s motivation, and I tell you, that’s a weird place to be when you’re like, ‘So what’s God’s feeling in this scene?’ We’re talking about what should He be like as a character and what should His world view be. It’s like, when God talks, people listen. Whatever message He delivers, it’s going to be the message of the show.”

Christopher Walken as God :eek: (for some reason when Christopher Walken takes he sounds like William Shatner to me) :lol: I say they stick to having God using Bobby's body as his vessel ;)

It seems that episode 12 (which has been renamed again from Swap Meat to Being Sam Winchester) the bodyswap episode is going to be mainly a Sam centered episode. So it's not clear who he's going to swap suits with :lol: I don't know about others but I was wanting to see Cas and Dean switching :shifty: but I guess I would like to see how it would play out if Sam and Dean swap bodies :)

Kripke's definitely planning a sixth season of Supernatural. And he doesn't see it without Sam and Dean! That's the best thing I've read all day :D ... and I hope it happens, have to wait a while to see though.

And off topic, but I swear the next person who whines groans and throws a temper tantrum becasue an episode has more Dean than Sam, more Sam than Dean etc I'm going to flip out :scream: grow up. I'm sorry but that ticks me off more than anything, I think they balance the characters in a good way.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  10. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

I agree with you. They balance the characters in a good way. I don't want to see 50/50 here (meaning we will see 50 % of Dean, and equally 50 % of Sam) in every episode. It wouldn't be that good.

I am still unsure what I am supposed to think about a sixth season. I guess I have to wait untill season 5 has ended (or untill I know how it's going to end) before I can say what I think about it. Anyway, don't take me wrong, I mean I love Supernatural, I really. But I don't think they can drag it on for so much longer. The brothers (and Bobby) have been through a lot of things together. It's amazing how they are still alive (I know, the brothers have died and came back alive, but they are still alive now), and Bobby have been fine for so long time before he was put in that wheelchair. But he kinda chose it, just to save the ones he loves the most.

Anyway, I guess I just have to shut up and try to enjoy more Supernatural episodes, as I truly love the show.

11. BabaOReilly

I don't think we really complain much about wanting more of one or the other characters on this thread. We're all about the love here. :lol:

I actually loved the urban legends, but the story arc behind the one-off legend episodes is what kept me tuning in, to be honest. My buddy that I just got hooked at work was starting to get bored with season one until the arc started, too, so I'm thinking a lot of us probably like both.

I don't know how I feel about a 6th season... I'll have to ruminate on that one for a while. ;)

12. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

By the way, am I the only one who loves the first three seasons but am unsure about season 4 and 5? I am just curious as I think season 3 was the best season so far (and the one with the best lines which made me laugh). But all this angels vs demon war which started in season 4, while the brothers (and Bobby) still try to hunt what they used to hunt. Like they don't really care about the war and the end of the world. I mean, they are aware of it thanks to Ruby and some of the angels (Castiel from the start, later Anna and Uriel too until Uriel died and Anna disappeared). Now we can add Lucifer, Michael and Gabriel too as the guys have met them.

I still don't know what to think of the last 2 seasons, therefore I have no idea what I am supposed to think about the 6th season.

13. 915

915 CSI Level One

Well I love season 1-3 myself and haven't seen enough of season 4 to judge it one way or the other. Personally the urban legends episodes were always my favorites to watch. I want a season 6 myself mostly because I just love the show and I would hate to see it end after this season. Though with the big story arch for these last two seasons I wonder how they could possibly get any bigger.

14. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

That's exactly how I feel too. I really love the show, as I am still watching it (every single episode). But I am unsure for how long they can drag it on. They try to do it while focus on hunting other things instead of continue with the war.. I am still unsure how many times the boys can die and come back alive. And I am still amazed that Bobby is alive. Okay, he's in the wheelchair, but he kinda chose it even if he didn't know that he would be that badly injured.

I actually fear that my worst nightmare will come true. That Dean and Sam will say Yes to become the vessels. Either that, or the fact they both will be dead before season 6 is over.

15. 915

915 CSI Level One

Yeah I'm worried about that to. I kind of want at least a semi-happy ending for Sam and Dean myself. I really don't want either of them Bobby, or Cas to die by the end of the show/season 6 worst nightmare right there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.