Supernatural #3 - No Chick Flick Moments

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Urban Legend, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Thread 3! So who else can't believe we're already on the third thread!?

The old thread can be found Here

And I think I'll start with the greatest spoiler for next week's episode!

In other news, someone on livejournal is blind and thinks that Misha Collins looks like Michael J Fox in Back to the Future :/

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yay, new thread! Great title. :D Thanks, Something Wicked. Well done.

So, I just went in to my dentist's office for my regular check up, and as soon as I walked in the door, the receptionist says, "Hi Kelly, long time no see... OMG did you watch Supernatural last night?!!!" I started laughing and then we discussed it for about 10 minutes. The hygienist came out to get me, and the receptionist told her to hold on a sec while we finished! Hah! She was telling me her husband watched the episode and he doesn't normally, and he was surprised by it- he said something like, "Whoh, that was totally heavy. I had no idea this was such a heavy drama." :lol:

People just don't get it, do they? :lol:

We also discussed how great Dean is at being emotive. He's definitely on my list of all time best criers, along with George Eads. ;)

3. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

:lol: My boss and I sometimes get into conversations about Supernatural when we're at work :shifty: the only thing that troubles me is the fact that she prefers this Ruby over Katie Cassidy!

I stumbled across something that made me giggle ... The Supernatural Dictionary :lol:

- - - - -

Gank: "To kill, generally violently."
    Yahtzee: "A Deanism, used in place of the term 'affirmative' or 'bingo.'"
    Idgit: "A term of endearment used by Bobby when he talks to Sam and Dean."
    Piehole/Cakehole: "One of Dean Winchester’s favorite euphemisms for mouth."
    Obi Wanned: A term used by Dean to describe demonic mind control powers, such as with Andrew Gallagher in season 2, a reference to the Star Wars character Obi-Wan Kenobi. Example: "He full-on Ob-Wanned me."
    Swayzed: A verb meaning the action of physically touching something while you're a ghost, a reference to Patrick Swayze's role in the movie Ghost. It was used by Dean Winchester in "In My Time of Dying" when he made a glass of water fall on the floor when he was a ghost. Example: “I full on Swayzed that mother!”
    Rehymeated: An adjective referring to someone who has regained their virginity or any similarly pure state. In "Lazarus Rising," Dean used the term to refer to the fact that all of his scars were healed over after coming back from Hell.
    Douchebaggery: "The attitude of a douchebag. Some people who exhibit this trait are Criss Angel, Joe the Plumber, and anyone who uses an iPod jack."

The rest can be viewed Here

4. BabaOReilly

Hah! That's awesome. Where'd you find that?

5. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

:lol: I actually found the link on livejournal and something else I found on Livejournal, in the same post someone made saying that Misha looks like Michael J Fox in Back to the Future :shifty:

6. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

haha thats awesome!! the douchebaggery one made me literally lol.

what? i don't think he looks like michael j fox, no way. no one can touch marty mcfly!!

i know! both of them anytime they cry on scene i get all teary eyed too, its crazy.

7. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

^^ HAHA! This thread always makes me lol more than any other thread. That dictionary made my day! This last episode was definitely great. As much as I love Dean kickin butt, it's so much more fun watching him get beat up. There is somethin' about a hurt Dean! Probably because JA is so good at it!

8. BabaOReilly

They re-showed the episode on the Space channel today and I was thinking about the whole Uriel/Castiel thing... I'm thinking if Castiel hadn't forced his hand, Uriel probably wouldn't have been in any rush to try to "convert" Cas- he knew Castiel best after all, and he HAD to know that he had an unusual "fondness" for humans, at least for an angel, it seems. He must have known Castiel would be one of the least likely angels to come over to his side.

9. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

HEY! New thread. :D Cool. Great title. That Supernatural dictionary is funny! It cracked me up. And all true!

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Hey all, I'm home. Watched the ep. Here's my thoughts written as I watched:

Cool power, shutting off the car alarms. Thanks, Cas. They were hurting my ears and I already have an ear ache.

Uriel: Mind your tone with me, boy.
    Dean: No! You mind your tone with us! :thumbsup:

Dean: Stop pushing us around like chess pieces for five freaking minutes!"

You may not care, Uriel, but Cas does. :D

Love Sam's "Damnit!" when the angels took Dean.

Dean: I want to talk to Cas alone.

Dean (to Uriel): Get some donuts while you're out. :lol:

Uriel: I think I'm starting to like you, boy.

Uriel's the funniest angel? :wtf:

The powers think CAs is getting too close to his charges, specifically Dean. Sounds like Giles/Buffy haha.

Alastair's singing. I want to smack him. :lol:

Dean to Alastair: Oh you'll spill your guts one way or another. I just didn't want to ruin my shoes. :guffaw:

Ewww! Sam drinking Ruby's blood. :wtf: Is he a vampire now?

Cas can throw a punch!

I still don't think it's Dean's fault. John didn't break cause the pain wasn't great enough. The pain of losing a significant other is greater than any physical pain. John lost Mary, so to him what Alastair was doing didn't hurt as much, that's why he didn't break. Dean hasn't had that, hasn't known that yet because he hasn't loved like John loved Mary. So, he was easier to break. The demons knew this and took advantage of it.

Uriel is jealous of humans. :lol:

Uriel: There is no God.
    Anna: Maybe, maybe not, but there's still me! :lol:

Yay! Uriel is dead!

My channel messed up. After the commercial break following Anna killing Uriel, it came back with Dean and Cas in the hospital and Dean saying "the demons" and Cas said something about Uriel being a trader. What did I miss in the conversation?

By the way, Dean sounded so much like John when he said "the demons". His voice was so much deeper than usual.

:lol: in that preview of next week's ep, Dean looks funny with his hair styled like that. :lol:

11. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I rarely squee like a teenager at a Jonas Brother concert when I see stuff about Supernatural on livejournal ... but these gifs/manips are some of the coolest things I've seen and it has me thinking how coll it would be if this stuff actually happened!

1 (Evil Dean getting excorcised by Sam):
    http://i44.tinypic.com/1z1a26c.jpg (I'm not sure why the extension isn't a gif) :lol:

2 (Dean torturing Ruby * for anyone who doesn't like her ... I know there's some people out there and prephaps on here *):
    http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2513/81764733.gif

3 (Umm, a different take on the whole "I need it now," demon blood thing) * sort of can be seen as wincest, so if you don't ship that ... don't click *:
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2q3ubd0.jpg

:eek:
    I'm not sure if this is true or not ... but wow!

With Lilith on the verge of breaking the final seal, Bobby does the unthinkable and visits the crossroads to make a deal to bring back John Winchester. Armed with Ruby's knife he forces the unwilling deal maker to bring John back. Now, the three Winchester men along with Bobby and Ruby set out to stop the half pint demon once and for all.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Anyway, about the possible spoiler, that would be nice if John returned, but I honestly can't see Bobby doing that. But, there is that spoiler that says someone close to Dean and Sam will die, which would likely indicate Bobby cause we know it isn't Cas and Ruby isn't close to both of them, only Sam. Dean just tolerates her... barely. :lol: Well, I suppose it could be Ellen or Jo, but they haven't been on in a while, so probably not. I still say it could be the car. :lol:

What type of car is it that Dean drives? I keep forgetting. For some reason I have the hardest time remembering what kind of car it is. :lol:

13. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

^^:guffaw:!!! That is too funny! It's totally possible, but I think it is the former. It makes sense to me. And Dean drives a '67 Chevy Impala if I'm not mistaken.

14. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Umm, actually I believed the spoiler was meant for Pamela. But I have read:

Maybe [the big Winchester brawl that's going to happen in the season finale] has something to do with Sam's demon blood addiction. Or maybe it's fallout from a certain death that's coming up in April.

So maybe it's Ruby (not really someone that Dean tolerates, but Sam sure does get something out of her :shifty:

15. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Okay, now that I've *finally* seen the episode, it's safe to come into the new thread :lol:

Loved it, of course. Complete tear-jerker of an episode. Wasn't expecting something quite so heavy when I turned it on. But, that's not to say I didn't enjoy it. Yes, it was slow moving, but a change of pace can be a good thing.

Other than that, I'm really tired, so I'll have to come back later :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.