Supernatural #3 - No Chick Flick Moments

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Urban Legend, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Yeah we don't want Cas dying, up to this point no one has been able to come into the show and kidnap all of the Sam and Dean fangirls. Castiel has single handed gotten away with it. While I like him and all, I like the boys more, so I could still watch the show without him. Though I thought it would be interesting if Castiel gets sent back to Heaven and Jimmy sticks around with Sam and Dean :shifty:

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Christopher Walken playing God... that would be interesting and not a horrible casting choice... though it would be weird cause didn't he play Gabriel on something else? :lol: I don't think God would necessarily need to take an existing human's form. I think he could probably make his own form.

Hey, whatever happened to that blind preacher dude from the "Faith" episode? Couldn't they go to him and get some kind of guidance/help in finding God?

I still want to see Missouri again.

I kind of think Bobby has turned out to be the Xander of this show in that I think he'll stay in the chair just as Xander lost one eye and never got it back (even though Willow could have probably conjured up a spell to heal his eye). I hope I'm wrong, but that's the feeling I kind of get.

I never see any ep as too much/not enough Sam/Dean. It seems nicely balanced, but it helps that I like both characters. I mean even in episodes that has either Dean or Sam's name in the title, there's still plenty of both brothers.

Adam Lambert as Michael? Eh... I dunno I like the guy and all, but I don't really see that happening. I don't think he'd want to do it to be honest. I can't see someone that age playing Michael though. I see Michael as someone a little older than Castiel looks. Not much older, just a little. I kind of would like to see someone like Goran Visnjic (sorry if the spelling is off) in the role. :lol:

As for God, like I said before Christopher Walken wouldn't be horrible, but I don't think this show could afford him to be frank. :lol: Maybe someone like John Schneider would be good.

Famine worries me for some reason. I hope they don't have Dean hunger for sex and have him sleep with Anna again or someone worse. Though it does give me a few fic ideas. :lol: Honestly, I could have gotten into a Sam/Anna pairing, but that ship has sailed now especially with the spoiler about her trying to make sure he's never born. :lol:

The boys will visit Heaven? Why does that worry me? Well at least I hope that Cas is with them and gets his angel mojo back.

Will we finally see Zachariah killed/punished? I want him to die/be punished by God worse than I wanted Uriel to die. :lol: And that's saying a lot. :lol:

I kind of like the idea of Dean Stockwell (Al from Quantum Leap) as God or the guy who played Bill on Greatest American Hero (sorry I can't think of the dude's name at the moment)... or maybe John Delancie (Q from one of the Star Trek shows). haha.

Haha. Its funny that you said that about Cas and Dean switching bodies cause I was just thinking about that last night. :lol: I'd love to see that! As for Sam switching bodies with someone, I so want that to be Bobby. I just wanna hear Jared say "idgit". :lol: Although even funnier would be Cas and Bobby switching and hearing Misha say "idgit". :lol: And then Dean not realizing at first that it's not Cas, but Bobby and him saying, "Cas, you just said idgit. You've been hanging around Bobby too much." and then Cas from Bobby's body saying, "Dean, I'm over here. Bobby and I seem to have switched bodies for some reason". And Dean's jaw hitting the floor. :lol: That would be hysterical!

I really really really don't want it to be Dean and Sam swapping bodies though. That's just too predictable in my opinion. We've seen Sam acting like Dean (after Dean went to Hell and we saw flashbacks of Sam during that time). I think it would be a bit boring honestly to just have the brothers switch. I'd much rather they do something more unexpected like Sam/Bobby switching. LOL.

As long as Misha was there I could deal with it being Jimmy, but I prefer Cas. :lol: But didn't they say that Jimmy's soul went up to Heaven in the ep where Cas went back into the Jimmy's body? Although it's possible that was in a fic I read rather than on the actual show. I'm always getting them mixed up. :lol:

3. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I don't think he would be much help, because well he didn't have any powers to begin with. It was his wife who had control of a reaper by using the necklace. The preacher/faith healer himself wouldn't be any help :)

4. GregNickRyanFan

I dunno... I think he had some insight. He did tell Dean that he was important and meant to live to do God's work or something to that effect... and look at the situation with Dean now. Cas has told him God has work for him. Just seems a bit curious to me. :lol: The wife controlled the powers yes, but I don't think she choose who the preacher saved (only who died in their place). So it's possible that he chose them all on his own with God's guidance. I wasn't necessarily talking about the "powers" he supposedly had. I was more or less saying that maybe God really was talking to him in some way (with whom he chose to save).

5. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I don't believe that god was talking to him in anyway, I feel if that was the case than Roy would have known all along that he was not doing God's work, I just feel that God himself would have told Roy the true origin of his powers. To me, I feel if the angels can't lie than either does/can God.

But you never know, Eric has taken his time planning out the show as we've seen this season. I've honestly stopped trying to put two and two together with the characters etc, there's a lot of questions that I would like answers for but I just watch to see what comes to be ;)

6. ModernDayDrifter

ModernDayDrifter Lab Technician

I have to agree, if God were talking through the preacher and it was His power saving the people, he would save the person and allow the person the wife was killing to live.

7. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I agree, I don't think that God would tolerate someone using a reaper to kill a person who didn't deserve to die. But this is just my own thoughts/beliefs, I know individual fans are entitled to think what they want :)

8. GregNickRyanFan

Maybe the others were chosen at random, but there has to be a bigger reason as to why he chose Dean. I mean otherwise, why did he chose Dean instead of that girl whom Dean felt deserved it more? Maybe one of the angels told him to chose Dean. We all know that many of them have their own agendas... and if they knew this war was coming up and that Dean would play a part in it... Maybe it was Michael? Or one of the other arch angels. Maybe God wouldn't tolerate the reaper thing, but we know that many of the arch angels could care less about many of the humans. :lol:

9. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

And fair enough- the preacher himself was seemingly a good man; it was his wife that was on the wrong path. If nothing else, I think he really believed what he said to Dean about being there for an important reason. Maybe he didn't have any special powers, but that doesn't mean he couldn't have some slight divine insight. The lord works in mysterious ways, as they say. ;)

I doubt they'll bring the preacher back, but I wouldn't discount that he still had a lot of good in him.

10. GregNickRyanFan

I wonder what Roy would think of Cas. Would he be all giddy like a fangirl "oh my goodness an actual angel right here in my living room!" :lol:

11. 915

915 CSI Level One

:guffaw: That would be really funny and entertaining to see. I would still pay to see Cas and Missouri in a scene together. :lol: Quick somebody call the writers! :)

12. ModernDayDrifter

ModernDayDrifter Lab Technician

i dont know if it where the angels. As we have actually seen they let dean die and pull him out when they need him. and in doing so (letting him die then pulling him out) it gives Dean a brand new and healthy body so the heart thing wouldnt have been an issue. and as for others being chosen randomly and a bigger reason as to why Dean was chosen, well without dean the show would be over or it would be a 'be continue' and they'de still have to bring him back, so simply dean dead no shows for a while until they decide to bring him back

13. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I agree, this is one of my favorite episodes.

The Lord who guides me in choosing who to heal by helping me see into people's hearts.

Yeah, or into their wallets.

You think so, young man?

Sorry.

Look, no disrespect, but I'm not exactly a believer.

You will be, son. You will be. Pray with me, friends.

- - -

Though it was evident in some of the episodes that Dean always questioned his faith and didn't clearly agree with the concept of Angels and God (Faith, Houses of the Holy and countless episodes from season 4-5) and while the plan has been put into motion long before Dean or Sam knew about it (with the demon blood and stuff) The concept/thought that Roy was doing God's work I don't think is possible.

The only reason he even chose Dean or performed it was because he wanted to prove a point since that Dean said he didn't believe. If anyone else in that building would have said the same thing and they would have taken Dean's place.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  14. GregNickRyanFan

Okay, this is probably a stupid question, but I'm gonna ask it anyway. :lol:

Remember when Uriel was killing all of the angels? (that wasn't the question lol) Where do angels go when they die? I mean like humans go to either Heaven or Hell... but what about the angels that Uriel killed? Do they just go back to Heaven? And if so, what was the point in killing them? Or do they just simply cease to exist altogether?

Another question: Angels are supposed to be genderless, right? But when Cas found the one dead angel in female form he said "goodbye sister". So wouldn't that mean that they aren't genderless afterall? :lol:

15. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I think when you kill a demon or an angel, they cease to exist altogether. Though... that's just speculation on my part. I don't think Kripke has explicitly stated what happens to them when they die.

That's true, he's referred to them as "brothers" and "sisters"... perhaps he's just respecting the form they take as vessels, I dunno. Or maybe it's just an oversight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.