Supernatural #3 - No Chick Flick Moments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I was so bitter. I think I'm just overly upset by the road CSI (Vegas) is going down. I was just in a really bad mood cause I was upset with tptb at CSI Vegas. :lol:

As for the content of that episode, maybe it won't be as bad as it sounds. But, it just isn't my kind of humor I guess. :lol:

Oh if all the players were game, I'd like this show to last at least ten seasons, but I get that people are getting tired and want to move on. It makes me sad though cause the cast has such great chemistry. I still wish they had never killed off John though. :lol:

I'm up for more seasons, but I don't want Supernatural to turn into Smallville ... that could have been ended after season 7. By the rate it's going Clark is going to be in a old person's home before he learns to fly ... the writing for Smallville is getting crazier and yet I still watch. I can't watch something from the beginning and just give up on it, I'm like that.

So I agree it could use one or more seasons but I think 10 is a bit much maybe 6 - 8 :)

You might want to read this :D let's just keep in mind Kripke doesn't let us down ;)

At San Diego Comic Con, the cast and crew of SUPERNATURAL during the press roundtable event talked about their plans for the fifth season and what we would have to look forward to in the coming year.

It did not disappoint.

First off let’s just begin with the news everyone has been looking, hoping, searching and asking for. Creator Eric Kripke says that while originally the plan for the show was to do five season only – and this being the fifth season upcoming, fans are getting nervous – but because the show is doing well and actually gaining viewers, he says they may indeed do more seasons of the show.

And the good news is the Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles are contracted to do one more year of the show after season five, Kripke says.

“Because I have low self esteem, I never thought we’d make it to 100 episodes,” Kripke says. “I had a five-year plan and I thought we’d do a comic to wrap it up [laughing]. But the ratings are getting better and better but I still have to do a five year plan and want to finish this chapter. We are not going to delay it. [Sam and Dean] are going to be facing the devil this year but there is not reason why a new chapter can’t begin.”

And that my friends is what we’ve all been hoping for. Hope, that the show will continue.

Kripke goes on to say that he plans on tying up some of the loose ends from previous season – mainly the Croatoan virus and Meg. Both will be taken care of in season five. In fact, Kripke says there will be an episode in season five where Dean jumps five years into the future and we will see an apocalyptical world ravaged by the war with Lucifer and the Croatoan virus will play into it.

“It’s our version of 28 DAYS LATER,” Kripke says.

What else will be seeing in SUPERNATURAL season five? Well for starters the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, more mythological creatures from the bible and elsewhere and … celebrity ghosts? Yes, that’s right celebrity ghosts including a homicidal Abraham Lincoln ghost.

Kripke jokes “The Four Horsemen are not going to be riding horses but color coordinated muscle cars. Why ride a horse when you can be in a Mustang?”

Ah but that’s not all! Also returning in season five will be Ellen and Jo Harvelle, Jessica Moore (played again by Adrianne Palicki) and Rufus.

And we may actually get to see God as a character at some point, according to producer Sera Gamble.

“We are approaching it cautiously,” Gamble says. “There is a lot of doubt because a lot of characters are angry at God for not stepping in and doing something about what’s going on.”

Also getting some more camera time will be Bobby Singer, played by Jim Beaver. Beaver says that Singer will play a huge role in the first three episodes and that the first three episodes will set up the rest of the season.

“I will be more involved this year than in the past,” Beaver says. “When I read the first script [for season five], my jaw dropped as to what is happening with bobby, not what I expected.”

And let’s not forget about Castiel. Misha Collins says that he will be on the run with Sam Dean as they will all be hunted by angels and demons alike. Castiel will also have less powers than he did in season four after being “fired” as an angel.

Lots to look forward to and we can’t wait.

Last edited:
You know I would so love to see an episode where Eric makes some kind of an appearance, even if he just walks by and Sam/Dean cane give him a weird look :lol: It was cool to hear, "paging Dr. Kripke," In In My Time of Dying :lol: and in the episode of Provenance his name was on one of the tags of the cars ... but would it be cool to have him make some sort of cameo. That would be awesome :lol:

Check out the names and dates of the episodes ... episode 4 :wtf:

[spoiler="Episode Titles and Air Dates]
Episode 1
Title: “Sympathy for the Devil”
Written by: Eric Kripke
Release date: September 10, 2009

Episode 2
Title: “Good God, Y’All”
Written by: Sera Gamble
Release date: September 17, 2009

Episode 3
Title: “Free to be You and Me”
Written by: Jeremy Carver
Release date: September 24, 2009

Episode 4
Title: “The Douchebag of Oz”
Written by: Ben Edlund
Release date: October 1, 2009

Episode 5
Title: “To Hell and Back”
Written by: Cathryn Humphris
Release date: October 8, 2009

Episode 6
Title: “Misery of Heaven”
Written by: Andrew Dabb & Sera Gamble
Release date: October 15, 2009
[/spoiler]

NO! Just no ... just when I was looking forward to this season I read:

Sources tell us exclusively that celebutante Paris Hilton is going to guest star on episode five of Supernatural this season.

[...]

Details about Hilton's role are being kept under wraps, but we are advised that freaking out is not necessary. A source close to the show tells us: "The fans should trust [show runner] Eric Kripke." (We've heard the storyline, and when you see it you will die. It's awesome.)

:guffaw: I was just coming here to ask if you've heard about that. You beat me to it, Nikki. :lol:

If they have her playing God or any of the angels, I'm gonna scream! :lol: They better not be making Gabriel a woman. I hated when they did that in Constantine. :lol:

:guffaw: I was just coming here to ask if you've heard about that. You beat me to it, Nikki. :lol:

I feel like Jensen hearing that news:

besides the fact that I do think Paris Hilton is a douchebag :rolleyes:

part that was originally offered to Nicole Richie, playing some kind of shapeshifting demon who shapeshifts into Paris Hilton and starts killing people.

Last edited:
That's supposed to be an awesome storyline? I think it sounds kind of stupid personally. :lol:

You know, I was surprised Ben Edlund wasn't the writer of this episode. The guy responsible for Ghostfacers and a majority of the rest of the lighter episodes :shifty: I can't even think of an episode written by the writer of this one. The said episode also has
ghosts of Abraham Lincoln and Ghandi. If this is the right episode :shifty: I won't be happy to see the episode, but I'll watch heck we could be shocked ... maybe even might get a surprise ending like Dean or Castiel even ending Paris :D

^ I'm actually looking forward to that :lol: Don't know why, but I guess it would be.. interesting :lol:

^ I'm actually looking forward to that :lol: Don't know why, but I guess it would be.. interesting :lol:

As much as it ticked me off, I'm intrigued to see how/what she does. :shifty: none of her stuff up to this point has been serious, so I'm thinking she'll poke fun at herself.

Episode # 5 has been renamed
Episode 5 has been changed from To Hell and Back to Celebrity Skin which is funny because the lyrics to the song Celebrity Skin by Hole has these first lines:

Oh, make me over
I'm all I wanna be
a walking study
in demonology :lol:

This is the episode that includes Paris Hilton and it has been confirmed by writer Sera Gamble that "She plays the role of a demonic creature that takes the form of... Paris Hilton," Gamble said.

In non spoiler news Jensen Ackles has been named one of the 50 sexiest men on the planet :D but of course they have to put Robert Pattinson at number one, sorry but he doesn't do anything for me. Does that make me strange? :lol:

Jensen came in at #16 out ranking a lot of other celebs ...

Following Pattinson on Glamour's list are 2 Johnny Depp, 3 Hugh Jackman, 4 David Beckham, 5 Brad Pitt, 6 Zac Efron, 7 George Clooney, 8 Chace Crawford, 9 Justin Timberlake, 10 Colin Firth, 11 Channing Tatum, 12 Wentworth Miller, 13 Ed Westwick, 14 David Tennant, 15 Enrique Iglesias, 16 Jensen Ackles, 17 Colin Farrell, 18 Josh Holloway, 19 Chad Michael Murray, 20 Paul Walker, 21 Alex Pettyfer, 22 Gerard Butler, 23 Jake Gyllenhaal, 24 Jonathan Rhys Meyers, 25 Josh Hartnett, 26 Jude Law, 27 Shia LaBeouf, 28 Chris Pine, 29 Christian Bale, 30 Cristiano Ronaldo, 31 Daniel Craig, 32 Ewan McGregor, 33 Matthew McConaughey, 34 Orlando Bloom, 35 Rafael Nadal, 36 Clive Owen, 37 James McAvoy, 38 Leonardo Di Caprio, 39 Milo Ventimiglia, 40 Will Smith, 41 Fernando Torres, 42 Jason Statham, 43 Keanu Reeves, 44 Noel Fielding, 45 Russell Brand, 46 Ryan Reynolds, 47 Tom Welling, 48 Ashton Kutcher, 49 Brandon Flowers, 50 Cam Gigandet.

I was shocked that Jared didn't make the list.

Last edited:
As much as it ticked me off, I'm intrigued to see how/what she does. :shifty: none of her stuff up to this point has been serious, so I'm thinking she'll poke fun at herself.

I think Paris can be a good actress if she's doing something serious. I saw a movie she was in once (a horror movie)... I think she got killed in it, but I think she did a decent job acting wise. It just feels a bit like stunt casting to me.

Episode # 5 has been renamed
Episode 5 has been changed from To Hell and Back to Celebrity Skin which is funny because the lyrics to the song Celebrity Skin by Hole has these first lines:

Oh, make me over
I'm all I wanna be
a walking study
in demonology :lol:

This is the episode that includes Paris Hilton and it has been confirmed by writer Sera Gamble that "She plays the role of a demonic creature that takes the form of... Paris Hilton," Gamble said.

Hehe, thats funny. I don't like Hole though., but I think the title of the ep is cool.

In non spoiler news Jensen Ackles has been named one of the 50 sexiest men on the planet :D but of course they have to put Robert Pattinson at number one, sorry but he doesn't do anything for me. Does that make me strange? :lol:

Who is Robert exactly? I mean, I've seen his pictures, but I don't know anything he's been in. :lol:

Jensen came in at #16 out ranking a lot of other celebs ...

Yay! Go, Jens! :D

Following Pattinson on Glamour's list are 2 Johnny Depp, 3 Hugh Jackman, 4 David Beckham, 5 Brad Pitt, 6 Zac Efron, 7 George Clooney, 8 Chace Crawford, 9 Justin Timberlake, 10 Colin Firth, 11 Channing Tatum, 12 Wentworth Miller, 13 Ed Westwick, 14 David Tennant, 15 Enrique Iglesias, 16 Jensen Ackles, 17 Colin Farrell, 18 Josh Holloway, 19 Chad Michael Murray, 20 Paul Walker, 21 Alex Pettyfer, 22 Gerard Butler, 23 Jake Gyllenhaal, 24 Jonathan Rhys Meyers, 25 Josh Hartnett, 26 Jude Law, 27 Shia LaBeouf, 28 Chris Pine, 29 Christian Bale, 30 Cristiano Ronaldo, 31 Daniel Craig, 32 Ewan McGregor, 33 Matthew McConaughey, 34 Orlando Bloom, 35 Rafael Nadal, 36 Clive Owen, 37 James McAvoy, 38 Leonardo Di Caprio, 39 Milo Ventimiglia, 40 Will Smith, 41 Fernando Torres, 42 Jason Statham, 43 Keanu Reeves, 44 Noel Fielding, 45 Russell Brand, 46 Ryan Reynolds, 47 Tom Welling, 48 Ashton Kutcher, 49 Brandon Flowers, 50 Cam Gigandet.

Ooh Milo's on the list! Coolness! Keanu's on the list? Yay!
I'm glad to see Tom Welling on the list instead of Cruise. A lot of the names on that list are people I've never even heard of. :lol: Not surprised to see Johnny and Hugh on the list though. Johnny is sexy sometimes... and Hugh makes me drool always. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back