"Still Life" discussion Thread **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Dec 2, 2005.

1. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I think they're referring to Kelly Gordon...?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I think you mean Sara. Her hair was slightly different than normal. But not so much that you'd be able to notice at first glance.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

This whole thread is about Nick.

On another note. I thought it was great have Warrick in the scence. He's a great actor and had great chemistry with the kid. I also liked hearing a Grissom backstory.

But this all played second fiddle to the creepy kidnapping story. I really could care less about Nicks facial hair or Kelly's hair (pairs shuld be discussed on the Nick board.

But the whole think kind of creeped me out. I understood why the kid shut down. I can imangine a kid in that situation. Who knows how that would happen. I think the writers handled with well.

Warrick was really great. I'm not a fan like most of the lemmings here, I think all the actors are great therefore the show is number 1. But the Warrick/Adam part really showed how you can handle things in a sensitive way.

I'm a true CSI fan so I love the episode because I think it was written and produced great!

4. Nickyboom

Nickyboom Prime Suspect

This episode was great! as usual ....
    - Grissom's dad death was really sad... but in a way, he died around people he loved... but it must be something really difficult for a young boy ... above all who doesnt understand why...
    - Warrick was really cute with the boy... like in the first or second season with the boy who put fire in his house and killed his sister..
    - I like Greg's haircut ...
    - Did some else notice the music when Nick was searching in the parking and when we see Kelly Gordon... like in Grave Danger..
    - About Kelly Gordon... I don't know if she was her dad's accomplice but her "perfect" was mean.. she probably know about the tape...and she says this word in Nick's face.. for me it's a bit evil from her..

5. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

Nope, Baba's right, I was talking about Kelly Gordon's hair and how it looked weird.

Sara's looked different too, maybe cause they were filming in the rain and her hair does what mine does - frizzes and becomes a big mass of hair :p

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I liked the episode, but I thought there was too little Nick in it. Not necessarily because I'm a Nick fan ;), but I think the whole Kelly Gordon storyline is too important to only spend a few minutes of an entire ep on. There's so much potential in that storyline. I really hope they'll make something big out of it in January...but didn't someone (from the production team, I think it was) say that the whole accomplice thing was going to be anticlimatic? I could be wrong though! Does anyone know about that?

Anyway, I liked the case a lot; very creepy! I felt really sorry for Karen what's-her-name. And I think the entire cast did a good job. I thought Warrick especially was great in this ep.

Oh oh oh, and no more mustache for Nick! Yay! :D

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Untacking The Thread, Please Feel Free To Continue The Discussion. ;)

8. lizzy635

lizzy635 Hit and Run

It was dark humour. But they are not off, i listened carefully and wrote it down word by word.

9. BabaOReilly

Despite rather unkind implications that people on this board are "lemmings", and that we may not be "true" CSI fans :)rolleyes:), I would just like to reiterate that I really enjoyed the whole episode.

I'm not the Mod of this forum, but I would still like to point out that EVERYTHING that came up in the episode is open to discussion in this thread, so I would suggest disregarding any suggestions that send you elsewhere. ;)

10. lemon_grass

lemon_grass CSI Level Two

Yeah, it's not like this is the "case" discussion thread, it's the "episode" discussion, and characters are certainly part of that.

But moving on: A couple things I forgot to say yesterday:

I know! It was so nice to see her actually working. When she was first introduced, it felt like the writers were trying too hard to fit her in or whatever, but I didn't get the sense that she's part of the team until they showed her working hard in the lab. Sometimes a science music video is all it takes. It's not like they don't already have enough side characters to worry about.

And I liked the science tidbit about using soil density probes. I agree with whoever said that the show is leaning towards the human element and away from the science; not saying that it's a bad thing, because there's only so much about luminol and GSR that they could tell us. But it's sad that sometimes the scientific info feels out of place, like in "A Bullet" when Warrick explained how to test the shooter's hand for iron, because the rest of the episode focused heavily on the people and the emotions. But I digress.

11. abharding

abharding Rookie

There is one thing I am wondering... how many people are now reconsidering putting any picutres - family and kid picutures in particular, online? I don't think I would post any in a place where anyone could stumble on them? It woiuld interesting to see if there is sudden decrease in family photos on line after this episode.

I have to agree. And there was one thing I noticed and I am wondering if it means anything or if I am reading to much into the show... Grissom said that his mother's gift would be hanging in THIER (his parent's) closet not HER cloest. Like I said, a small thing (and it could have been an oversight, or it could have been a nice little slip of the tounge)

I do think Grissom's last last line...."And no one could tell me why." speaks a great deal about who he is and what he does. Even as an adult I think he still looking for that answer. I wonder if he will ever find it.

I liked Warrick as well. He was just right with the kid, showing him his kit and all the cool things he could do with it, and then getting the kid to give him his DNA. He managed to explain the kid what was going on, and to speak to the kid in just the right tone...not going over the kids head, but not speaking down to him either. It not an easy balance to strike.

And I agree with the idea of Brass as a Marine. I can see him having spent time in the Corps...

12. kasey1964

kasey1964 Prime Suspect

Yeah I noticed. I was going so crazy waiting for him to reappear. It's ironic that after seeing Kelly at the crime scene he would feel safe in a place surrounded by plexiglass. Of course Kelly had to invade that place. They had me guessing too about what her plans are. I didn't even realize about the PERFECT comment at first. I don't think that she's THE accomplice because I still think rhe accomplice was with Walter when he kidnapped Nick. I do think that Walter DID tell Kelly what he was doing because he visited her a week before. I can't wait to see how this plays out.

Kasey

13. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

Who was the actress who played Jesse's mom? She was really good. That was a hard role to do, I imagine.

14. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

Heather Stephens

15. BabaOReilly

Yeah, she was fantastic. Very creepy and believable. As usual, CSI gets all the top notch supporting actors on the show.