"Still Life" discussion Thread **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Air Date: 12/8/05 (THURSDAY)
    Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#610) "Still Life"

THE CSI TEAM INVESTIGATES THE KIDNAPPING OF A BOY FROM A LOCAL PARK WHERE THERE IS A SUSPICIOUS LACK OF EVIDENCE.

"Still Life" -- The lack of evidence in a reported kidnapping case leads Grissom and his team to wonder if the case is fabricated.

Without substantial evidence, the CSIs begin to wonder if a kidnapping actually took place at all. But when the child turns up unharmed at a local convenience store with a couple claiming to be his parents, Grissom and his team must use what little forensic evidence is available to solve the mystery of what actually happened to the first mother's son.

Gil Grissom: William Petersen
    Catherine Willows: Marg Helgenberger
    Warrick Brown: Gary Dourdan
    Nick Stokes: George Eads
    Captain Jim Brass: Paul Guilfoyle
    Sara Sidle: Jorja Fox
    Greg Sanders: Eric Szmanda
    Dr. Robbins: Robert David Hall
    David Phillips: David Berman
    Sophia Curtis: Louise Lombard
    Hodges: Wallace Langham
    Archie Johnson: Archie Kao
    Wendy Simms: Liz Vassey
    Paula Francis: Paula Francis
    Kelly Gordon: Aimee Graham
    Karen Matthews: Heather Stephens
    Jesse/Adam: John DeVito
    Victor Esposito: Jonathan Nichols
    Valerie Esposito: Lori Alan
    Officer Akers: Larry Sullivan
    Ken McCracken: Jonathan Chapin
    Faye Matthews: Rutanya Alda
    Warren Matthews: Charles Napier
    Conner Daly: Kevin Durand
    Clerk: Patrick Malone
    Housekeeper: Bunnie Rivera

LINKS
    The Futon Critic
    "Details Of 'CSI' Episode 'Still Life' Revealed"
    CSI Files Promo
    CBS Promo

2. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

Okay, over at TVGuide.com, the description for this eppy also says that Kelly Gordon VISITS Nick....what the heck?

Does that mean she's already out on parole and we won't ever see that scene that was cut from Shooting Stars? I will be incredibly bummed if that's the case. *whimper, whine*

3. AngelEyez

AngelEyez Coroner

That wouldn't be the first rather essential scene that got cut. They have so many questions unanswered this season.

4. kimaken

kimaken Lab Technician

Maybe they can't use the same exact scene (the court room scene might be too lengthy and detract from the rest of the episode). But having Kelly Gordon visit Nick could still result in him learning about her parole, the tape, Grissom knowing about the tape, etc., and still lead up to the big Nick-Grissom scene that y'all are anxious for. I guess it all depends on what she tells Nick when she sees him and how he reacts to it.

5. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

Very true...it's just that part of me was hoping to see Nick's face when he heard the tape played during the parole hearing.

I guess his expression will be just a dramatic when he sees Kelly Gordon at his front door or stroll into the CSI Lab or however they plan to do it.

I'm on pins and needles now until next Thursday. *sigh*

And the rest of the case looks pretty interesting too. :D

6. GumDrops

GumDrops Rookie

You have a good point there, AngelEyez...hmm...ooh..maybe she gets permission to visit him before the trial...i could be wrong...i have NO idea how these court things work.

7. Kristen9999

Kristen9999 CSI Level One

Actually the whole GD storyline has been expanded in a sense. Kelly is in two eppys, including eppy "Daddy's Little Girl" so as much as I'd like to see the courtroom scene, this whole post GD thing will contiune to another eppy, I think this is the "first" step in the atory arc.
    I want to know hwo the hell she visits him? At the lab? Wooah mamma if she does that..if not how the hell does she find his home address?

If so, yea, for us fanfic writers to gain any insight into whether Nick moved after "Stalker".

8. ariela57

ariela57 Lab Technician

Heck, I would like to see Kelly Gordon try and visit Nick in the lab--there probably won't be any of her left by the time Warick is thorugh with her!!!!Lol!

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Not just Warrick, Sara would probably take a flying leap and tackle her. Sara does have quite the temper, and I'd hate to get her on bad side.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Show description reads, in part:

<<< Grissom and his team must use what little forensic evidence is available to solve the mystery of what actually happened to the first mother's son. >>>

Judging by the video at this link, it looks like the investigation is going to stir up some childhood memories of his own for Grissom.

[Link Remove]

Link is good for seven days or unspecified number of downloads, whichever comes first. If it runs out, let me know and I can re-up to a new link.
    ===========
    ~Edited: Per the rules of the board The link has been removed, as linking to or discussions on Downloading are not allowed.~

11. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

Well, remembering the glares she was shooting while interviewing Kelly in GD, I'd say Sara would me pretty p***ed if she saw Kelly anywhere near Nick.

ETA: TVFan1969 - I dont know if you're allowed to post that link but thx for sharing. It was a great clip, Im glad they're finally giving us some back story into Grissom's life.

12. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

TVFan1969 your post was edited for the reason stated above, to be more clear here is the rule for that.

Intellectual Property:
    As a fan site for a television show, intellectual property is an important topic for us. We cannot legally or morally condone tape-trading in episodes or downloading episodes online, and do not allow discussions on this matter. Any other copyright violations will also not be allowed.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

This ep sounds really good. Was reading that this is also supposed to take an emotionally indepth look into how the CSIs on the case view life which should be interesting.

My money is on the couple claiming to be the kid's parents as the kidnappers. That way they pass it off as if nothing happened so they think they get off scott free and get to keep the kid so it's a package deal.

14. snickerbug

snickerbug Hit and Run

^I wouldn't put any money on it just yet. We all know CSI has a thing for throwing in twists just to throw us off.

15. JulieAnn

JulieAnn Witness

I can't wait, should be a good episode.