Stella/Melina #6: Rambo Stella. Bring it on!

Stella/Melina #5: ??!?!?!?!?

• Rambo Stella, Bring it On!

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Rambo Stella...Don't mess with me!

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Rambo Stella, Watch out guys!

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • 'Cause we all love Rambo Stella

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Can you reach the Stellarina Grade?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stellarinas?!You know where to find us....

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Could you be a Stellarina..?

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mynerva24:

Yup. It was in the article on Melina that it was mentioned she speaks 5 languages & grew up in a very strict Greek-American family.

Talk about discipline:eek:

Yay for coherence! Stella has a family! :eek: However, five languages isn't that extraordinary to me. Considering the Greek-American theory, she learnt Greek and English during her childhood. If she likes languages, studying three of them, not necessarily at the same time, is not the most common thing ever, but not the strangest either. Take most of the people posting here. Many of us are non-native English speakers and I bet there will be some users who speak 5 or even more languages. It takes discipline, sure, but languages and the possibilities they offer are so rewarding they're worth the effort.

Yay for coherence! Stella has a family! :eek: However, five languages isn't that extraordinary to me. Considering the Greek-American theory, she learnt Greek and English during her childhood. If she likes languages, studying three of them, not necessarily at the same time, is not the most common thing ever, but not the strangest either. Take most of the people posting here. Many of us are non-native English speakers and I bet there will be some users who speak 5 or even more languages. It takes discipline, sure, but languages and the possibilities they offer are so rewarding they're worth the effort.

This could be a little OT, but yeah, i speak 2 languages fluently, and a total of 6 languages i can understand (meaning, i know those language passively. I think practice is what makes us good in speaking foreign language, though. Which is the reason i could not understand people who learn language in isolation.

Anyway, concerning Stella, i'd think that she's good at those 5 languages, because, well, you've got to be smart to be a good CSI. Although theorically, people who are good at science, tends to be not so good in language. Of course there's always exceptions.

true, true. having these skills, abilities will give you advantage, especially when you travel. i can't even polish up my Malay / Bahasa language until now :wtf:, here i am, already three years somewhere in Borneo *sigh*

Well, it depends on the person. Anyhow, Stella is the team linguist. Not only does she speak 5 languages according to that information, but she also has some linguistic sensitivity that enables her to understand languages rather quickly. She may not be fluent or anything, but even passively, she can get some meaning. Take her Native American languages comparison during "Communication Breakdown". She didn't quite know what the victim wrote, but she grasped enough to get the essential contents and have some more evidence, although weak, against the perp.

Chaos79, which part of Borneo are you at now? You know, 'Bahasa' means 'language'. That's what foreigners always got wrong. Bahasa Indonesia can't be simplified into 'Bahasa' only. But, i've given up trying to fix that, just like english speaking people have given up trying to fix Indonesian's common mistake of using Mr. with first name. :D

Now, that's totally OT. So sorry about that...

Pleni,
Yeah, i've notice that as well. She read the diary and used only the alphabet to know and predict the whole thing. She is definitely one of the exceptions. :D And, her appreciation of languages could also be the reason why she is so passionate about cultures and the unique heritages (the coin case, and the case in communication breakdown itself). No wonder she got so dedicated fans like we all! :D

Chaos79, which part of Borneo are you at now? You know, 'Bahasa' means 'language'. That's what foreigners always got wrong. Bahasa Indonesia can't be simplified into 'Bahasa' only. But, i've given up trying to fix that, just like english speaking people have given up trying to fix Indonesian's common mistake of using Mr. with first name. :D

Now, that's totally OT. So sorry about that...

Pleni,
Yeah, i've notice that as well. She read the diary and used only the alphabet to know and predict the whole thing. She is definitely one of the exceptions. :D And, her appreciation of languages could also be the reason why she is so passionate about cultures and the unique heritages (the coin case, and the case in communication breakdown itself). No wonder she got so dedicated fans like we all! :D

which explains my further confusion. still, i can't figure out much the difference between Indonesian & Malaysian language, which are both used here in Brunei, where I'm based at present. thanks for the heads up.

what's good about Stella is that she upgrades as much as New York upgrades itself with cultures and, ehem, crimes. everyone in the force should upgrade on infos and strategies even if they still go by the book.
of course, keeping yourself grounded is still important.

Thanks, Catu! :thumbsup: You can tell she's definitely proud of her heritage. And the rafting experience is simply... :lol: I bet she screamed like mad.

Chaos, ITA. She always seems eager to learn new things. Cops always seem to be a couple of steps behind the perps and she tries her best to shorten that distance and keep up with their rhythm.

Chaos, it's okay. I also read it somewhere and it had nothing to do with the Phillipines -we're a world apart! So, it doesn't really matter. Stella speaks 5 languages until TPTB tell us otherwise (and maybe say it's 6!). Until then, if someone denies it... I'll bite!

Andromeda & Gaby, you're impossible! Now I'll be disappointed if 9 months after the episode Stella isn't giving birth. She'd be great as a mother, all sweet and rambo at the same time. Sweet with her babies and rambo if anyone, including other evil kindergarten kids dare touch her children :devil:

Pleni, so sorry :lol:, but if it´s not in nine months, then they might need more practice- hey, TPTB, let them rehearse, rehearse and again rehearse :D.
I think there would be a lot of Melina in Stella as mother; and I wonder if Melina turns into Rambo-Melina if someone dares to touch her kids :lol:.

OK, as I don´t want to get bitten, I agree with your 5-languages theory :lol:. Stella obviously loves to explore new areas of whatever kind and that seems to include languages and cultures.

Catu, thanks for the article; I hope the Greek are proud of Melina, for she must be their best advertisement for tourism they could dream to have ;).

:thumbsup:Hello Stellarinas!

I can with happiness this place is as talktative and happy as the Smacked Family. GREAT!!!!!!!!!! :D

Kay, Pleni, Gaby--->
Yup. It was in the article on Melina that it was mentioned she speaks 5 languages & grew up in a very strict Greek-American family.
Yay for coherence! Stella has a family!

It's ok now. We know she speaks 5 languages already
I think someone inside the Melina forum (i dunno if Ashley said it) said Stella's background was changed after the show had already started. She had two or three sisters, a father who was murdered (and Little Stella found him and that's why she decided to be a CSI) and some unknown mother who left them before they lost Poppa Bonasera. Her new background was given to Stella in 1.15 (The same one with the unscripted kiss to Mac ;)) That's where she mentioned "being part of the system" and St Francis (at first) and in other episode was changed to St Basil:thumbsup:

Kay--->
what's good about Stella is that she upgrades as much as New York upgrades itself with cultures and, ehem, crimes. everyone in the force should upgrade on infos and strategies even if they still go by the book.
of course, keeping yourself grounded is still important.
i think would be interesting an episode with many CSIs in such kind of update. Just to show something different as it was showed when our Stella taugh at the University:thumbsup:

Catu->
:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: I LOVED IT!:lol: I can imagine her screaming in Zimbawe:guffaw: And i am glad she mentioned Greece. Her Greek side is stronger than ever. I guess she will miss that Stella's side if she has to start portraying her Italian side:bolian:

Dear Andromeda,-->

Yes, most fans who dismissed the Lindsay-pregnancy did it, because they don´t really like the character, but not because of the baby. The reaction would be probably much more positive if Stella was pregnant ;).

No, but what the heck! we want MT planting his seed within Stella! The consequences will be worth watching!:lol::lol:

Maybe finding out about her mother will increase Stella´s own motherly feelings, she was probably just not ready yet to have a family of her own, when she hardly knew anything about her parents. We´ll just have to wait and see.
And about Stella starting to practice: Now that Stella and Mac travel to Greece, well, let´s wait what happens in nine moths :lol:
i agree she was not ready and i don't think she is ready YET!:thumbsup: but she will as soon as she has a solidified relationship (hopefully it will be soon!) Do you think something HUGE will happen in 5.24?????:lol: As i said some weeks ago inside the Smacked Family Thread, if they start a relationship it will be a victorian drama. I don't know how they are going to reproduce if they hardly ever touch a finger!:guffaw:
Yes, exactly, a little touch, a certain look in the eye, a shy smile- all these little gestures can be more subtle and intimate than a kiss. I think Melina was told what was supposed to be in the script and she then wrote her ideas around it. I can imagine Melina being an eager reader of the smacked thread, but will she submit to your ideas and wishes? Well, well, hm hm, let´s see, what happens ;).
As i said: a victorian drama!:guffaw: but i like the idea of going slowly. Smacked fans already know their mutual feelings. But i guess those must be showed more evidently to other non smacked fans:p My take is this "slow speed" will allow the audicence who didn't know them or who didn't considerer them as a possible couple, to "fell in love" with the idea. It won't be an issue if they show they can be professionals in the lab and a passionate couple outside and that they can separate their different roles from home to work:drool:
Pleaseeeeeee don't say it not even in a joke. I'm hyperventilating now!!!!!:eek: Melina reading there????? as much as i would love to have
her there better NOT! The last time i checked i mentioned a shower and other interesting places:guffaw: All unconvenient scenes!
However i don't think it will be necessary. I am awared of my faults and being an autocrat is one of them:alienblush: I don't pretend Pope Benedict or anybody else change their minds. Darn it! I just want Pope Benedict could understand how much we like babies for Stella and Mac because it would be simply wonderful and natural and special. Like a gift after so many years of pain for both of them. I don't demand anything. Just i want "Pope Benedict" doesn't rule out that idea so easily;)
Stella has showed her mother instincts every time she protects Adam, or Hawkes or Reed. It's something so natural i don't believe is fake or just part of the acting. Personally i think those types of scenes were written to emphasize Melina's natural behaviour (and i can say the same about Mac and Gary)
Besides i believe in justice. If to another ship was given such blessings
why not to the Smacked Family? And frankly i need to say Gary and Melina look freakin' amazing with kids! :D

Well, I do read your ships with interest, of that you can be sure ;).
i don't recommend you that.:lol: we are not the epitome of mental sanity. I guess we feel freer there because we can have fantasies as much as we want. But many times we have crossed the line:lol:

I remember that ep. and that´s what I meant; she will never fear trouble if she feels her approach to a case is the right one. Well, I´m sure this Greek coin case will have an aftermath for Stella, because leaving work, throwing away her badge, not to mention her behind-Mac´s -back actions will not have escaped Sinclair. So even if Mac will protect her and won´t report her, Sinclair will warn her off and tell her that he won´t tolerate such a behaviour one more time.
mmmmmmmm sound amazing interesting! I want more Stella's extremes as i told you once. I like extremes in everyone else too. watching them doing something they don't frecuently. I guess we will have to wait and see:p

Hey, Stella could sing in Mac´s band, how about that :)?

OMG IT WOULD BE THE GREATEST THING! Melina's voice and Stella with Mac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG Just love that idea!
I wish it became true:angel:

Btw gals Melina was with Craig Ferguson. I hope someone could find the video! :D

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/television/20090506_TV_Today.html

And more on Melina's next movie! :D

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3i8c26f2cd61d269b81de8d401aad88d86

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/05/steve-coogan-ro.html

love y'all

Debbs :D (sorry for my lack of coherence. It's 3.08 am and i have spent 10 long hours outside!

Last edited:
Andromeda, you put dirty ideas into my pristine mind!

Well, not really. I'm not good at playing innocent lamb. That's more of Deb's stuff. Anyway, you're right. They need to practise, have some fun before the baby wakes them up in the dead of night and kills their passion off. Sleep deprivation isn't exactly a turn-on unless there is a strange fetish I've never heard of. Not that Stella would mind getting up to change a diaper at 3 am and sing a sweet Greek lullaby to her babies *daydreams* </sappy>

Deb, it was indeed changed. I remember looking her background up during my Stella-hating phase and thinking "she's got a family, yet she's an orphan, WTF?! :confused:" It didn't really help. It made me see her as a badly built character who was entirely disposable and didn't deserve a chance, but a bullet to the head.

Talking about bullets...
Have you seen the promo? It looks intense, doesn't it? First Mac yelling at Stella and she not moving a muscle. Then, the shootout. It tells us she'll be back from Greece, probably having retrieved her badge. Not that it was a surprise, though. I hope the cliffhanger doesn't involve her. We know her contract extends until the end of season 6, or so I read, but you never know. Contracts are breakable, aren't they?

Thanks for the links! Rosario Dawson as Persephone. Nooooo... that is soooo wrong! :( They should have hired Monica Bellucci! </geek>

Have you seen the promo? It looks intense, doesn't it? First Mac yelling at Stella and she not moving a muscle. Then, the shootout. It tells us she'll be back from Greece, probably having retrieved her badge. Not that it was a surprise, though. I hope the cliffhanger doesn't involve her. We know her contract extends until the end of season 6, or so I read, but you never know. Contracts are breakable, aren't they?

Can`t wait to see that Smacked moment in Greece!!:guffaw:

Awesome! Melina's first writing credit! Bravo!

oh, and Stella throwing in the badge? :eek::eek::eek:

I've seen her and Mac clash, but this has got to be a battle in a mountain goat-vs-ram level:eek:!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back