Stella #3 - She's No Ordinary Superwoman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to admit that pissed off Stella is pretty scary :lol:. When she snapped at Lindsay I was like, "Damn, I never want to get on her bad side!" haha. Oh, and that line "Hell, I'm different" killed me just a little :(. She looked sad when she was talking to Mac about that. Despite all her hardships Stella still remains a strong individual & an awesome CSI.

From what I recall Lindsay was trying to convince Stella about the opposite of what Stella was thinking before she found the key piece of evidence. I guess Stella immediately figured she was right & when Lindsay said whatever she said she just snapped. I think Stella was probably just frustrated & she would've done the same to Mac or anyone else. However, I don't hold that against her. Any of the CSI's are capable of snapping so it's not just fair to judge Stella. I know some people didn't like her last night but I thought she was brilliant.

I believe Lindsay, while maybe a bit frustrated, understood where Stella was coming from. And the best thing about Stella? Despite her issues, she still proceeded with the case, followed the evidence and nailed the killer.

I was mad at Stell last night, but I thought she was great at the same time. and I think you're right about Lindsay knowing why Stell was freaking out, she was just mad that she ended up getting yelled at.

Personally if I was another team member I would leave Stella alone so she could collect her thoughts to work on the case. Plus, I don't think she yelled at Lindsay on purpose. If Danny sat there & said the exact same thing he probably would've gotten it from Stella as well. I'm just saying that she would've reacted the same way to any of the team members. So basically, if she's going to be judged it should be on what she said & not what she said it too. Maybe I'm biased 'cause I'm a loyal Stella fan but I didn't find her at fault & if any of the team members acted the same way I'd feel the same way I guess.

However, I'm not saying you're wrong in your opinion Radical618. You're probably just as right as any of us but like Lindsay & Stella we all see it differently ;).

Oh, and you're very welcome athens. You will enjoy the episode very much.

jorja_fan86 said:
If Danny sat there & said the exact same thing he probably would've gotten it from Stella as well.
Agree. Like with Mac in "Officer Blue", when she's sure about something, she doesn't pay heed to anyone, until the evidence is found.

^ That's another great episode of Stella showing that she listens to nobody but herself until the evidence proves her wrong. I remember Officer Blue being the episode that spawned the whole rambo!Stella ordeal :lol:. Anyway, I found that Melina was brilliant when showing her anguish, pain & sadness in Open and Shut & I'll prove that with some screencaps courtesy of csi-caps:

Heartbroken

Very upset

Clearly hurt & betrayed

I mean, she was so phenomal that she she almost made me cry & I'm sure others felt the same way. Her acting ability is fantastic beyond words.

I watched I watched it!!! :D :D
I have to say it was indeed a nice Stella episode!..When she had those couple of scenes with Lindsay she seemed like she just didn't want another person she ''trusted'' got the wrong way with her!But,after she understood what was happening ,she handled it good!

...and...she was ''oh,beautiful!'' :lol: :lol:..

I felt it, really :).
She's a tough woman, she has to be tough because of her job. But she's human, she puts all her feelings in what she does, her passion and anger.
And Mac knows this side of Stella (the look he gave her when Lindsay ran off the office), but this is Stella :)

That's very true. Stella is probably the most consistent & passionate character on the show. She knows the difference between using her head & heart but ultimately she knows it comes down to the evidence. I guess it's really tough for her when she felt so strongly about something & then everything changed when she found that brain cell & Grace's white shirt. I don't think she would be half the CSI she is if it wasn't for her feelings. Her feelings allow her to be such a strong person & the team knows that, especially Mac & Lindsay know. Seriously, if she didn't the fiery, take no shit personality she has she would be very, very boring. All that is due to Melina though. Maybe it's the Mediterranean/Greek side in Melina that gives Stella this vibrant personality but whatever it is, she's doing fantastic!

Amen to that. Yay for the Mediterranean side! :D

She's the heart of the show, and for heart I mean passion.
Mac is the head and Danny is the body, but Stella is both!!! :lol:

Hehe gotta love the Mediterranean side.

I definitely agree about Stella being both the head & body. I also find that she's the heart as well.

I think the fact that Stella talks with her hands alot makes her easier to understand. I find that hand gestures help explain the story more. I mean, if she were to ever wave her hands around frantically you definitely would know something is up :lol:. However, the hand talking aspect is most likely provided by Melina & not the script.

Really? Oh great Melina :)
I guess in the scripts they give actors guidelines about how the character should be.
This waving hands thing is perfect for her character, Melina really feels how Stella should be :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back