Stella #3 - She's No Ordinary Superwoman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Dancing with Fishes again and you've gotta love the dancing scene :D You saw Flack watching like WOW :lol: Conclusion: I love Dancing Melina :lol: And I can't wait to see that episode, Melina looks great! :)

^When I watched it,because I had no idea was I was going to see I was like :eek: :lol:!!It was really nice though!.And yes,Melina,and her Medditeranean side,makes Stella's character even better and more interesting!

:lol: I had no idea that Stella was a dancer either & judging by Flack's & Mac's faces they were pretty surprised too. Anyway, here are some photos of Melina & Stella talking with their hands...

woahdude.jpg

ahaha.jpg

Mac's face in the second photo kills me :lol:.

I think Mac sees Stella as a fellow "warrior". Someone who could be very dangerous given the right circumstances -- and dangerous in a determined, deliberate way. Danny is hotheaded and Flack is no one to mess with, but I think Mac views Stella in the same way he would have viewed a fellow Marine in his unit. It's a respect that I don't see Mac giving anyone else.

The show allows Stella to be intense, a characteristic that is rarely seen in women characters on TV. Women are allowed to be emotional or intuitive or tough. They can be dangerous, but usually only when they are very emotional. They are rarely allowed to be intense in the "don't mess with me, I'll take you out" way that Stella has. When Stella shot Frankie she wasn't acting out of any hysterical, over-wrought way. As scared as she was, she was still firmly in control of her actions. Stella's character is as equally strong and intense as Mac's. That, IMO, makes them the most interesting character dynamic on the show.

^ That's a very impresive dissection of Stella & I saw a lot of truth in what you said. Stella is basically a character who can be a headstrong woman who takes no crap yet she doesn't have to use up every ounce of emotions when working a case. If she was constantly disturbed by situations or whatever it would probably be very hard to be focused on the case. Plus, she's at her emotional best when she goes all rambo style on the suspects & perps :lol:.

Oh, and welcome Partly :). I suggest you check out the link in my banner ;).

I think so. From what I recall...

- He brought Stella flowers
- She was caught on the phone on with him
- He took her to that uh, eccentric art show
- He made her that ugly ass art thingy
- She brought him in 'cause she needed help to reconstruct a face(???)

Yep, I think that's pretty much all we saw & heard of that jerk :mad:.

The eccentric art show was in Stuck On You but as for the phone call my guess is Jamalot but I'm not 100% sure :confused:.

Anybody could be scared of the Rambo Stella...But in that photo she is just calm!..When you watch her you don't undestand that almost all the time she is talking with her hands!Is natural for her :)

^I think and on Stuck On You she was talking on the phone when Mac ans Hawkes entered the break room too.

Welcome Partly!

^ I think you're right 'cause I remember her hanging up right away as soon as Mac entered the room. I wonder why but I think fellow SMACked shippers know the answer :lol:.

I agree that you could never tell by just looking at a photo that Stella is capable of going all rambo style. You'll probably assume that she's quiet & sweet but as soon as a suspect or perp pisses her off *boom* you know you're wrong :lol:.

Talking with her hands is definitely natural for her. It's hard to control the movement & gesture of your hands, especially when you're angrt or getting passionate about something & I'm sure it applies to her as well. Plus, when she moves her hand it's easier to tell how she feels. They show her emotions & personally, I wish everyone could talk with their hands :lol:.

I love Melina talking with her hands :D I'm doing it 2, can't live without my hands :lol: Yesterday Melina was at the event Dream Halloween and there are pictures at Getty Images :) So go check them out! :lol:

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm not usually a "girl" gal... the guys are the ones that I watch the shows for. But Stella is such a great character and she's portrayed so well by Melina.

I was afraid that, with the events with Frankie, the writers would fundamentally change her character. I'm thrilled to see that they aren't doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back