Stella #3 - She's No Ordinary Superwoman

Status
Not open for further replies.
whaha, well let's talk to the writers and ask them if CSI: NY can be CSI: Greek for 1 episode.. I think when it was on tv i was lying down on the floor laughing :p Well Melina can teach her co-workers all the Greek-dances :) In the episode it must done good :p

It could happen. NY, especially Astoria, has a pretty large Greek population according to wikipedia:

Astoria has traditionally been known as a predominantly Greek neighborhood, with the largest concentration of Greeks outside Greece, and one with a concentration of restaurants and bakeries. Though many Greeks have moved, the Greek influence is still very present, especially through the many Greek restaurants, bakeries, tavernas and cafes. There are many dance clubs in the neighborhood as well. Astoria is world-renowned to Greeks all over the world. It is the epitome of a Greek enclave in America. It is known to Greek Americans and Greeks alike as "The Mecca." The greatest asset of the neighborhood is its proximity and easy accessibility to Manhattan. However, Astoria has seen an influx of many new immigrants (for example, from the Middle East, Bangladesh, India, the Philippines, Latin America, and Eastern and Southern Europe) and young Manhattan urbanites in recent years, making the neighborhood even more diverse.

There are several main thoroughfares/streets running east-west in Astoria, each of which has its own subway station on the N and W lines. Furthest north is Ditmars Boulevard, which remains very residential and has the largest population of Greeks. Moving south is Astoria Boulevard, which flanks the Grand Central Parkway on both sides (providing access to Manhattan and the Bronx via the Triborough Bridge, and to LaGuardia and Kennedy Airports and points further east on Long Island via the Grand Central). Next is 30th Avenue, also known as Grand Avenue, a lively commercial street with a wide range of restaurants, stores and cafes. Two avenues south is Broadway, also full of stores, restaurants and cafes. South of Broadway is where there is a less influx of Greek influence and more of a Latin/Bengali influence in terms of restaurants and people. Furthest south is 36th Avenue, a minor commercial strip. The primary streets running north-south are Vernon Boulevard along the East River, 21st Street, a major traffic artery with a mix of residential, commercial and industrial character; 31st Street, which carries the N and W subway lines on an elevated track; and Steinway Street (named for the Steinway & Sons piano factory), a major commercial street with many retail stores, and a very prominent Middle Eastern section between Astoria Boulevard and 28th Avenue.

Since they had an episode set in Little Italy why not have an episode revolve around Astoria? I'm sure that would make Melina happy since it will allow her to get in touch with her Greek roots through the show. Maybe she and Mac or anyone else from the team could investigate a murder in a dance club and then the episode could end with Stella teaching the team how to speak Greek, how to dance Greek or maybe have them eat some Greek dishes at a taverna. Either way it should be fun!

I agree...but what else would be fun would be a romantic Greek dinner for her and Mac....*sigh* That ends with lots of passionate kissing *drool*

:lol: I think it would make all our little shipping hearts happy. Speaking of Mac he's probably the first person that Stella turns to in times of trouble. The trust she puts in him is something that words cannot explain. They're more then co-workers...they're best friends and it's awesome to see that Stella can bond so well with some of the opposite gender. It just shows that she's not one of those whiny females who revolve around her girlfriends for an opinion. Speaking of which, I wonder how many friends does she have outside work? That's definitely something that the writers should examine in S3.

^stella I think is more comfortable with men alhtough she is fine with females too as lindsay and aiden.i can imagine better a teenage stella[ :lol:]with a boy for best friend..

Yeah, I agree that Stella's best friends were all males. I'm guessing that she wasn't the fan of the bitchy female cliques in high school which therefore caused her to be a guys gal. Maybe some people were jealous of her but I'm sure she was able to change their minds. All that carried with her and she shows those traits whenever she's hanging out with the guys on the team. As for Lindsay, they still have a while to go before they share a bond like Stella has with the rest of the team and the late Aiden.

OT: When'd you become president of the dirrrty girl club?

Back OT: I love the bond Stella has with the boys, I think its awesome that they can be there for each other, and their chemistry rocks.

^ Since yesterday. Why, do you want to be a member :p?

I have a feeling that some females may have resented Stella because she's capable of having a wonderful relationship with guys without it being sexual. Most guys befriend girls because they know they can get some but with Stella the guys respect her way too much to try anything like that. She's like a mother or sister to them!

i raise both of my hands!..
I agree that she has a really good relationship with all males ...with danny is like sister hawkes and don like a good friend and mac ehm bits of all mother sister friend ...and something more! ;) :lol:

*raises both hands too* I've been in the dirty girl club a long time already lol. And the epi idea sounds good.

Since yesterday. Why, do you want to be a member

Would be nice, yes :D *bats my eyes at you*

I love her friendship with the boys, and your right, it doesn't have to be anything sexual (except Mac *winks*) but its nice.

^ I dunno, you're gonna have to do more then that to join the club :p. *cough50buckscough* :lol: Just kidding...

OT: I also noticed that Stella has no problem being affectionate with the guys from the simple pat on the shoulder to a great big hug. By doing them that she shows them that her friendship with them goes beyond work yet I don't mean that romantic wise. Some people treat their co-workers like well, co-workers but Stella shows the guys that she's beyond that behaviour.

Hey girls, I've never posted in this thread so I just wanted to stop in and say "hi". As a new mod in the NY forum, you'll be seeing me stick my head into this thread from time to time.

iheartnickcath said:
I love her friendship with the boys, and your right, it doesn't have to be anything sexual (except Mac *winks*) but its nice.
Stella really does have a great friendship with the boys. Excellent chemistry and rapport with all of them. The dialogue is always fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back