Spoilers on Future Episodes--You have been warned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh. I edited my post as you were typing, tuesdaymorning. ;)

Anyway, I am upset at the idea that a new character could take away from precious screentime for our other characters, but I think the main characters are already established and there's no reason for them to bring in another--I think this new detective will be a guest star (although potentially recurring) like Maka or Thacker (as others have stated ;)). So that doesn't worry me so much as the fact that the description makes it sound like you wouldn't expect that someone with a tattoo could be 'all business' or whatever. :rolleyes: Anyway, it's not like that's official or anything, so I don't know why I'm getting worked up about it--probably because it's the first hint we've had of the new season so far and I'm clinging to it like a dog to a chew toy. :lol:

I don't think anyone is 'coming close to bashing' this Jennifer person, they're just talking out what little information we've been given. And the threat of a Mary Sue-like character is not a happy thought.

I don't think you'll hate the character though--in fact, I suspect that most of us will like her, if only because we're squirming in our seats now. :lol:

ETA: I know what you mean about the tattoo thing--if the actress had the tattoo and they drew on that real-life aspect for the character, that would be awesome, but to throw it in unnecessarily for a new character would be kind of dumb. ;)

tuesdaymorning said:
If they call her by her last name, it totally defets the whole Jennifer effect. :lol: And I'm sure Eddie won't lose time. Who knows, maybe we'll have another "The Fall" for him.

:lol: Which is why I'm afraid they'll only call her by her last name.

Of course like it was pointed out earlier, they could possibly change her name the way the did with Lindsay...which would just be so mean, wouldn't it? :p

The tattoo thing doesn't bother me either, it was a bit odd that it was pointed out in the spoiler though.

Heh heh, I was just thinking of what they could change her name to, and for some reason "Sprock" popped into my head. So her very first scene would open with "Hello, I'm Detective Sprock." :lol:

I'm trying to imagine the look on Mac's face when he learns about bungee sex...then again, Stella could look confused and Mac just gives a knowing little smirk and nods. :lol: It wouldn't surprise me if Mac had a little freak in him. ;) :lol:

But anyway, can I say how excited I am at the prospect of Danny and Hawkes working together again? :) I hope this is a sign that we're going to see the groups switch up a lot in season 3--I want to see everybody work with everybody else, damnit! :lol:

Faylinn said:
But anyway, can I say how excited I am at the prospect of Danny and Hawkes working together again? :) I hope this is a sign that we're going to see the groups switch up a lot in season 3--I want to see everybody work with everybody else, damnit! :lol:

I am very excited too about Danny and Hawkes working together. And more of Flack working with Danny. I want to see everybody working with everybody too. Change is good. Not another season of mainly Mac with Stella, and Danny with Lindsay and poor Hawkes, well he was mostly left out.

Maybe the new detective, Jennifer, will flirt with Danny and that will make Lindsay a little pissed. Not that I want some kind of weird love triangle. Just something new to make Lindsay back off of Danny.

:lol: Fay...the first time I read your post I thought you said, 'Spock'.

Faylinn said:
I hope this is a sign that we're going to see the groups switch up a lot in season 3--I want to see everybody work with everybody else, damnit!

I agree with that 100%. I love seeing the different dynamics amongst the group when they're partnered differently each week. I think it keeps the actors on their toes, and it keeps the show from getting stale, if that makes sense. I'm having trouble getting what I want to say to come out right for some reason tonight.

*displays the Spock finger action* Peace and Prosperity.

How awesome would it be if the new character actually did that? :lol: Now the insane part of me is hoping it's that actress from Star Trek: Enterprise who played T'Pol. Maaan, she's sexy.

You mean Jolene Blalock? She is sexy, but so wasn't on Enterprise! :p

I don't mind this new detective at all, NY really needed someone else besides Flack. I guess she'll be the 'Sofia Curtis' of this show.

Heheh... I know that the tattoo talk had been wrapped up a few posts back, but, I just wanted to say that I'm in agreement with Faylinn. I've already said that I have nothing against tattoos. It's just that the way that they advertised this new character this way, like we are to associate that with her character (or something to that effect), is sort of a weak foundation to build from. Then again, this is all liable to change. If they left out that bit of info on her, and let the audience find out for themselves when they see her, it's sure to create more talk and more interest in her. If Eddie was first introduced as "angelic blue eyes, but all snark, etc.", some element of surprise about the character would be lost, and we might debate that his eyes ain't that angelic, or that he's not snarky as the writers think they are. (I hope this all makes any sense)

And the name... well, the combo sounded like something out of a paperback novel, but that's jmho. So's Summer Hamilton. :) My guess is that the name will change, too. I wouldn't mind if they changed her last name a little, like Jennifer Angelli or something. You know, names that doesn't necessarily create impact, but the character brings in the goods. Like Mac Taylor. Danny Messer. And let's not forget Donald Flack, Jr.. :p

Again. Nothing against tattoos, just wishing they'd surprise us.

*runs away from flying rotten produce*

Peace and love, people!

I don't know if this Jennifer chick will be good or bad, I just hope they don't make her into a cliche - you know, tough girl with a heart of gold. She'll probably just pop up from time to time.

IMO, this cast is already full (or more than full in the opinion of some). If Flack is going to still be recovering in the beginning, bring Thacker in.

At least it looks like we're getting more Hawkes. I actually thought the pairings last year were a bit too stagnant. I hope they continue to mix them up. Sometimes it's almost like that felt they had to do boy-girl pairings (D/L, M/S, M/L, H/S, etc.) It's okay to do boy/boy or girl/girl! Really, it is!!

I love when Stella and Linds are together. I like when Hawkes and Mac are together too. They kind of just go together.

Haven't seen the rest of S2, so I'd look forward to more Hawkes and Flack interaction. I've only seen one, when they were on a case of that young chess wiz.

And I know it's gonna be reaching, but I wish that there'd be some interaction between the homicide detectives. I mean, I get the feel that some detectives aren't that impressed with the 'nerd squad', except for Flack. Was there an episode when one of the detectives called the CSIs the nerd squad? Was it in Heroes? Feel free to spoile me rotten. :D

You know, Flack is the main detective on the show (he's in the opening credits) so I'm sure he will get most of the screen time so I'm not too worried about the new detective.

Unless...I can't believe I'm even thinking this...Flack's not coming back. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I know, he'll be back, hopefully he's working with Mac and Stella on the season opener.

I just wonder why TPTB felt the need to mention the new detective had a tattoo on her wrist. Like was stated before..they'll probably change her name and background. Lindsay gets on my nerves but I gotta admit the name Lindsay Monroe sounds a whole lot better than Summer Hamilton. I picture a rich snob when I see the name Summer Hamilton. Somebody who spent her whole life being spoiled by daddy and now has a rich hubby and doesn't have to work...that type. SO I am glad they changed her name. For this new character, I like the first name Jennifer, but her last name just doesn't fit. She needs a believeable nast name.

I just hope some more spoilers come out in the next couple weeks (since they'll start filming around that time). Maybe we'll hear more about the new det and find out about Flack. I'd be surprised though if there is spoilers about the status of Flack. Because I think if Eddie was leaving the show, we would have heard it by now. For some reason, it always gets out quick when an actor is leaving.

I seriously doubt that Eddie has left the show. I think that they may just be doing some continuity between the seasons by keeping him out for a couple of episodes while he is in physical therapy or recovery from the extreme trauma to his

And I don't think that "Jennifer" would do as good a job of slamming the fangirls up against the wall as Flack might! :devil:

No way Eddie has left the show, they just want to add a recurring character to the show I guess, just like Sofia in CSI. If Eddie would leave, we would have known it by know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back