Spoilers on Future Episodes--You have been warned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the new girl will just be a replacement for Det Maka. She was just a guest star too. TPTB are probably introducing her this way to make us freak out and think Flack's not coming back. CoTP was kinda a cliffhanger for him.

The review didn't list a detective working with Mac and Stella so maybe it is Flack and they left his name out on purpose. I'm just happy to see Danny working with Hawkes. :)

I think the other detective was Thakker (sp?).

I agree. I just think because Hu's out now and doing her own things, they needed another detective to replace.

I'm not worried about her and the cast.

Maybe it's because I am so not a Lindsay fan and I need a new girl character to love. :x

tuesdaymorning said:
Maybe it's because I am so not a Lindsay fan and I need a new girl character to love. :x

I'm with you on that. And Danny working with Hawkes instead of Lindsay...All I can say is "It's about Time!!" Now if we can just get Flack thrown in with them.

tuesdaymorning said:
New detective named Jennifer?

Thank you writers! I love you too!

I'm actually pumped about her. Should I not be? :lol: And I'm sure Flack is going to be back. No fear.

:lol: tue, there's nothing at all wrong about being pumped that her name is 'Jennifer'. It's made me quite happy as well. I just wonder if they'll all call her by her last name like they do Flack.

Although, I'll admit to being a bit dubious about new characters after last season, both on NY and Miami. But...I shall remain open minded...as long as Eddie doesn't lose any screentime.

ThumpyG42 said:
Although, I'll admit to being a bit dubious about new characters after last season, both on NY and Miami. But...I shall remain open minded...as long as Eddie doesn't lose any screentime.

that's my biggest fear. eddie doesn't get enough screen time as it is, and the fact that he's probably going to get even less makes me sad. i mean, if they're going to start out with him on desk duty, that means very little flack in the beginning of the season.

but i'm optimistic...or trying to be, anyway.

ThumpyG42 said:
:lol: tue, there's nothing at all wrong about being pumped that her name is 'Jennifer'. It's made me quite happy as well. I just wonder if they'll all call her by her last name like they do Flack.

I know when Det Maka came back and Danny called her by her first name Kalie (sp?), she said because she was back to work that "It's Det Maka to you". Don't know if she was kidding or not.

Eddie better not lose any screentime. :mad:

Faylinn said:
The tattoo could be promising, though--here's hoping that she's a tough chick and doesn't just come in to create a tense love triangle between Danny and Lindsay (who are probably already engaged and expecting triplets). *gag*

I sure as hell hope she's not some bad!fic Mary Sue type, honestly. The tattoo thing is hella corny too. I mean, oh my, she has a tattoo of roses around her wrist! She's so BAD ASS! She must be some badass chick! Bleeegh. And who the heck comes up with the names, for crying out loud?!

They had better show Danny showing up at Flack's apartment and giving the man some much needed lovin', man.

By the way, thank you for the laugh. I needed it. :lol:

Oh boy..Danny and Flack lovin is spreading over to this thread too. :lol: They are just so infectious. ;)

Maybe it's because I have a couple but I think the tattoo thing is kinda cool. Maybe it's just because I have high hopes that this takes the spotlight away from Lindsay and maybe gives Danny someone else to flirt with. Of course, it would help if we knew who was going to play her.

Also, judging from last year, they might even change her name and everything before they ever start filming like they did with Lindsay.

iluvroadrunner said:
ThumpyG42 said:

that's my biggest fear. eddie doesn't get enough screen time as it is, and the fact that he's probably going to get even less makes me sad. i mean, if they're going to start out with him on desk duty, that means very little flack in the beginning of the season.

but i'm optimistic...or trying to be, anyway.

I think remaining optimistic at this point is the way to go too. ;) We don't yet know how much of a regular this new detective will be, it could be the occasional guest spot, similar to Vartann or Vega on LV. These are just the first spoilers released, so hopefully we'll learn more about what's going to transpire shortly.

*shakes head* Spoilers...and I read them. :lol: I don't do spoilers, I like to remain as spoiler free as possible, and yet here I am. :confused:

Yeah, I was thinking about the fact that one ridiculous type of Mary-Sue is the 'bad-ass chick' who's really just a very nice girl with tattoos and piercings who is totally misunderstood...but she'll kick any guy's ass and never get scolded by the boss. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I think this "Jennifer Angell" name thing is totally my fault. *sigh* :( I was thinking about what Flack would call Danny the other day (you know, cutesy little nicknames that would make Danny scowl), and I thought of 'Angel' because Danny would kick Flack's ass from here to LA if he dared, and the writers picked up my brainwaves and misinterpreted my intentions. *sigh* I was just thinking of ways to lead into D/F slash-tastic sex. *sigh* I'm going to go to the shipper thread now and drown in my misery...while reading fanfic. ;)

:lol:

ETA: Yup, 1CSIMfan, the D/F love is spreading. :lol:

I dunno, when I read the name and the tattoo thing, my MarySue radar just went crazy. I have nothing against tattoos. But the mere fact that it was mentioned, it gives the impression that the new chick was supposed to project badass in a skirt. That just doesn't sit right with me if they're just going with appearances. Why don't they just surprise us from time to time? And no dark pasts, please. At least, not yet.

If we don't get a peep from Flack in ep1... well. The picket line's all raring to go... :devil:

Am I the only one turned on by the tattoo? Danny has tattoo so why does mentioning it on the Jennifer woman make things any different? Fine, okay, maybe if they didn't put it in about it but you know damn well when she would appear the first time on screen, everyone would flip about it.

ThumpyG42 said:
tuesdaymorning said:
New detective named Jennifer?

Thank you writers! I love you too!

I'm actually pumped about her. Should I not be? :lol: And I'm sure Flack is going to be back. No fear.

If they call her by her last name, it totally defets the whole Jennifer effect. :lol: And I'm sure Eddie won't lose time. Who knows, maybe we'll have another "The Fall" for him.

tuesdaymorning said:
Am I the only one turned on by the tattoo? Danny has tattoo so why does mentioning it on the Jennifer woman make things any different? Fine, okay, maybe if they didn't put it in about it but you know damn well when she would appear the first time on screen, everyone would flip about it.

tuesday, you are not the only one turned on by tattoos. I love Carmine's and the thought of Eddie having one (sure looks like it in the CoTP pics) just makes me happier. I think I'll like the tattoo that the new girl has.

Of course, I also have 2 tats of my own. I don't have one around my wrist but I do have one around my right ankle. It's kinda Indian/southwest style. It is a braid with two feathers stuck in it on the outside of my ankle. The feathers have beads hanging off of it. I just love it. The other one is just a flaming heart.

I don't think it's the tattoo itself that bothers people, just that they seem to be using it as a defining characteristic. I know so many people with tattoos, but that doesn't necessarily say anything about them, so why did they need to mention it when discussing the character, unless they thought that it should obviously mean something to us? That's what makes me wary of a Mary Sue type thing--expecting us to define a character based on stereotypes isn't a good thing.

But you know, if they do keep that character for the show, etc., I wonder if they've got an actress already lined up who just happens to have a tattoo (thus the fact that the character has it ;)), or if they're planning on making the poor girl get a fake tattoo put on before every taping? :rolleyes:

In any case, I'm determined to keep an open, optimistic mind about this character and not ruin it for myself before the show has even aired. After all, I'm excited about season 3 and I don't want to put a damper on it for myself. ;) Silly Fay. :lol:

See! Even my favorite artist ever, Michelle Branch, has tattoo's on her but that doesn't mean she's a tough cookie. (but she totally is. Eep! :lol:)

So I personally don't see what the whole "omg!tattoo!" thing people are whining about. I think the only reason is the fear of the new character taking away the others. If that's so, I can understand where people are coming from but don't come close to bashing a character about it.

Now watch, she's going to come on screen and I'm gonna hate her. :lol:

Faylinn said:
I don't think it's the tattoo itself that bothers people, just that they seem to be using it as a defining characteristic. I know so many people with tattoos, but that doesn't necessarily say anything about them, so why did they need to mention it when discussing the character?

No idea. Besides that whole tough act they were telling us. Or maybe they're trying to show that the character is different from Lindsay. No idea. :lol:

Faylinn said:

But you know, if they do keep that character for the show, etc., I wonder if they've got an actress already lined up who just happens to have a tattoo (thus the fact that the character has it ;)), or if they're planning on making the poor girl get a fake tattoo put on before every taping? :rolleyes:

If the actress doesn't have the tattoo before the filming, that would really upset me. :lol: Because then I would agree a little on everyone with the whole fact of it. But if the actress has it and they're like, "oh! good idea!" then that's real cool. Who knows. It's late right now and I'm probably not making any sense. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back