Spoilers in the Big Apple - Season 3 Spoilers Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
dutch_treat said:
^ Perhaps the first hints will appear in those final ep's building up to some major cliff hanger ;)

But on the other hand do we really need yet another character :rolleyes: with a 'deep dark secret' from his past :p

If the secret is compelling and well acted, why not give the viewers something truly great and compelling. Danny’s past has been set up so that is could be filled and I feel is filled with deep dark secrets of every kind – personal and familial. He was the original dark secret character and I think that his past is a lot more interesting than Lindsay’s poorly written and poorly executed deep, dark, but not so secret storyline.

I've been thinking the same thing. Even if you don't like Lindsay ;), people are still curious by nature and promoting that her complete story will be told this week can not have a negative effect imo.

The lack of promotion may simply go back to what Top said earlier in the thread, Lindsay’s character may simply not be enough of a draw to waste valuable and expensive promo time on her during the critical sweeps period. The network probably wanted to go with something that would capture the viewers’ interest.

I will say that I am not at all curious about the trial and could care less and honestly, I tend to go on autopilot when she comes on screen. I’m probably in the minority on that front, I’m sure that there are interested parties that both like, dislike, and tolerate Lindsay’s character. The lack of promotion is interesting or as Alice would say, “curiouser and curiouser”.

I agree about the Lindsay thing JDonne. It just seems like the trial may feature but not as heavily or intense as first thought.
I don't really understand - what is sweeps?

hi guys,

i agree if you haven't seen CSI NY before the trial ep you wouldnt know who lindsey was or where she was because its in none of the promos!

How many scenes is Lindsay even in in the next episode? If she is only in the last scene or something I can understand her not being in the promo but if she has a lot of scenes then it is strange.

I'm not sure! I just thought her trial was in the next episode!! Is it going to show the whole trial like is that going to be the B case of are they only going to show the verdict!

MichelleK said:
I agree about the Lindsay thing JDonne. It just seems like the trial may feature but not as heavily or intense as first thought.
I don't really understand - what is sweeps?

Sweeps refer to the period of time in November, February, May, and to an extent in July when networks pull out all the stops to not only keep the viewers they have but to draw in new viewers. They use big event episodes and stunt casting to lure viewers their way. Sweeps are used to set local network advertising dollars as opposed to national advertising rates (Cadillac for instance) which are set by weekly Nielsen ratings, so the more viewers the more you can charge a company to air a commercial during a specific program. Sweeps focuses on individual markets as opposed to ratings, which focus on a few random Nielsen families nationwide. I hope that made sense.

Oh right I kinda understand now! So if it's sweeps week next week CSI:NY needs to have the best episode ever on to gain viewers and promotion! Is that right?
I'm guessing if the episode does well and gains alot of viewers, they get more promotion, publicity and overall more money for the next season!

JDonne said:
If the secret is compelling and well acted, why not give the viewers something truly great and compelling. Danny’s past has been set up so that is could be filled and I feel is filled with deep dark secrets of every kind – personal and familial. He was the original dark secret character and I think that his past is a lot more interesting than Lindsay’s poorly written and poorly executed deep, dark, but not so secret storyline.
I do agree on the poorly written part. Let's just hope that when they do give Danny such a storyline that it's a better thought-out one.

The network probably wanted to go with something that would capture the viewers’ interest.
I still think that promoting the final chapter of Lindsay's story could have done that trick ;) too.
The lack of promotion is interesting or as Alice would say, “curiouser and curiouser”.
That it is. I guess where all in "I wonder..."-land. :)

edit
MichelleK said:
Is it going to show the whole trial like is that going to be the B case of are they only going to show the verdict!
It's gonna be kinda like a B case. They're gonna show the verdict preceded by the trial; including flash backs of young Lindsay and what happened 10 years ago.

Oh right OK! Sounds kinda interesting! So I'm guessing the whole team back in New York are on one case altogether.

^ from the CBS site:

"When world-renowned illusionist Luke Blade brings his act to the streets of New York and two of his crew members are found dead in ways that mimic his illusions, Mac and the team wonder if his tricks have become reality. Criss Angel guest stars."

Apparantly he's a well known illusionist. I hadn't heard about him before either.

That sounds awesome!
I'm meant to be steering clear of spoilers. My mother will kill me. We watch the episodes together and last night was Hung Out To Dry. It said on in the paper that one of the CSI's could be in trouble. Mum guessed Danny but because I had read the spoilers I told her all about Hawkes and then the Raising Shane episode! Thought she was going to kill me! I just let my mouth away! I couldn't stop myself.

Will episode 18 be a cliffhanging episode? Hehhe...I don't know but it would really be an exciting one if it is! The only problem is: we'll be waiting so LOOOONNNNGGGG! hehe...

So, the next episode will also include the Trial? Hmmmm...I didn't see that in the sneak peak...

dutch_treat said:
^ from the CBS site:

"When world-renowned illusionist Luke Blade brings his act to the streets of New York and two of his crew members are found dead in ways that mimic his illusions, Mac and the team wonder if his tricks have become reality. Criss Angel guest stars."

Apparantly he's a well known illusionist. I hadn't heard about him before either.

he has a show on A and E called Criss Angel Mind Freak. Its pretty cool..I am really looking forward to this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back