**Spoiler Lab** Season 7 - Get Your Daily Fix!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh okay....I got a little confused there. That's right as Ryan did break protocol, but he's going to break it again...therefore Big, Bad Rick is going to come into the picture and fire him again. Just guess that Jonathan Togo is going to leave the show. I mean if his character is fired again then that would probably be the last straw. Ryan is dog meat now, and he's going to be gone for g ood.

I haven't heard anything about David Lee Smith (Rick) returning to the show, so I doubt that. If IAB got involved, they'd probably hire some random actor to be IAB.

David Lee Smith isn't returning to the show? Thank god the lord for that, as I can't stand that man. He gives me the creeps big time! I mean Ryan is being forced by an assailant, and Horatio saves the day so it all can't be that bad. With Horatio being the hero at the end we all know it's okay and Horatio found out about the assailant, and it has to do with russians so that's what it is all about.

I didn't say he wasn't returning for sure. Corey Miller said they'd like to have him back on the show and were playing with ideas for his character to return. Though they've had several oppurtunities recently and have failed to do so. I'm thinking the actor may just be unavailable at the time. I actually like him though. I did get mad at him for firing Ryan that time, but he's in a position where he can't play favorites. He said himself the only way he could make Lt. is to do IAB crap and everyone hates IAB (his words, not mine). Although I do think that even Stetler would understand Ryan's actions this time. His actions last time were not so easily excused. He made a mistake last time, plain and simple. This time he's saving a child. He really has no other choices. They probably tell him if he tries to tell his co-workers they'll kill the boy. So, that's probably why he doesn't say anything and is subtely doing things on purpose hoping his teammates will notice that something is up.

I'd personally love to see Rick again providing they didn't have him fire Ryan again. With the possible romance of Eric/Calleigh, I'm thinking that Stetler might appear again as he told Calleigh and Jake that they couldn't date because they worked together.... Eric and Calleigh work even closer together and more often, so I would think that would break that rule as well. But who knows...

Given that the situation is similiar to Cal's order in All In, I'm hoping she'll be the one to realize what's going on. But, it'll probably be someone else. I wouldn't mind it being Valera or Natalia to figure it out, but if Tara (the new girl) is the one to figure out that Ryan is acting oddly then I swear I will scream! :lol:

GregNickRyanFan said:
The reason I freaked out is because of an article I read where CBS is considering freezing raises of its stars... and if its stars do not accept the freeze then the shows will have to let supporting actors go. With this kind of storyline for Ryan, it freaked me out because I was afraid he might be one they let go.

Yeah it definitely would make a convenient way to 'let Ryan go' further down the line if the CBS salary freeze goes sour for Miami but I'm hoping the lead actor(s) accept the 'deal', as it were.

But aside from that, this storyline by itself doesn't look like a way to get rid of Ryan/Jon anyway, it looks like it'll go down like:

-Ryan is threatened. (Ie: The beating)
-Ryan tampers with evidence to save Billy's life/ensure his safety.
-Ryan keeps the truth from his colleagues so he doesn't potentially blow it and get Billy killed and goes through a whole bunch of moral/emotional turmoil.
-Horatio finds out about Billy on his own anyway through some other means.
-The team eventually finds out what Ryan is doing. (someone blows the whistle or Ryan comes forward because it's getting out of hand)
-Team mates get mad that he didn't say anything/broke the rules to save a life and they could have helped before it got too far. Argument ensues.
-SuperH comes to the rescue and saves Billy.
-All is good in the world again.
-Horatio has a talk with Ryan about what happened and probably does the SuperH thing and says he'll explain what happened/cover his ass but isn't making promises.
-Ryan understands.
-Character development opportunity done, further consequences may happen but Ryan still looks like the hero because in this case, the ends seem to have justified the means. :p

And that's just pure speculation on my part considering what we were given spoiler-wise and the formula that this show seems to use for these types of situations but like I said above, I don't think the storyline by itself (if we pretend the CBS freeze isn't an element) means an end to Ryan Wolfe. But again though, If the freeze affects Miami in an unfortunate way, this would seem to be an easy segway to a possible character write-off. Which I'm hoping doesn't happen.

GregNickRyanFan said:
With CSIs, isn't it three strikes and you're out? Ryan only has one since he'll be cleared in the thing with Diddy [...] Being put on admin leave isn't the same as being fired.

Yeah I was kind of worried that since he gets in trouble in Diddy's episode that maybe 7.20 was the final push of getting him into a serious mess at the end but you're right, he gets cleared in that [Diddy's] episode so technically it shouldn't even play a part in anything else he does after. Even if Ryan does get fired in 7.20 or later, it doesn't necessarily mean the character is going to be written off so unless I hear anything about Jon leaving/being let go, I'm going to assume Ryan will be just fine. :lol:

I personally feel this episode will be great development for Ryan and I can't wait to see it.

Oh I don't think Ryan will be fired down the road, as he was "forced" to tamper with evidence, and not to mention the assailant is a russian mobster right? That's what I am guessing, and it's not that Ryan wanted to tamper with evidence..he had no choice in the matter, as there is a life at stake. Ryan will be just fine I think, and with this salary thing? I don't think Jon Togo will quit either.

The reason I freaked out is because of an article I read where CBS is considering freezing raises of its stars... and if its stars do not accept the freeze then the shows will have to let supporting actors go. With this kind of storyline for Ryan, it freaked me out because I was afraid he might be one they let go.
Actually I can imagine some other actors leaving because of this reason, though I'm pretty sure CBS won't let them go that easily ;)

However, after calming down, I'm now focusing soley on the fact that Ryan picks up the bullet casing without gloves on IN FRONT OF Cal and Eric. That says to me that he's doing is purposely to let them know that something is wrong. They both have to know that Ryan is professional with his job and would never touch anything without gloves normally. So, that should make them wonder. Then when Horatio discovers Billy is missing and tells the others, they'll put two and two together and figure out that Ryan's being forced to do this just like Cal was in "All In". So that leaves the possibility for Cal to be more understanding after what she went through and she was only trying to save herself. Ryan's doing it to save an innocent child... and he refused to do when it was just to save himself (or so it sounds like, hence the being beaten up).
Actually Ryan picks up that bullet casing without gloves in front of Calleigh without knowing she was there. They're on a crime scene and Calleigh leaves the house (or whatever the set was, I don't remember) for a while.
So Ryan is completey alone and takes that bullet and puts it in his pocket hoping nobody saw him (he's not alone in that place). Calleigh catches him 'cause she comes back right in that moment.
Though, I agreee I can see him leaving some kind of clues to his co-workes just to let them know something's wrong.
Surely tempering with an evedence in front of Calleigh in her lab is like "hey look at me, you have to help me" though he pretends it was a mistake :p

Okay so Ryan is going to break protocol just like Dan Cooper when he used Tim Speedle's credit card. Now Cooper was arrested. What if Ryan Wolfe is arrested?
No, Dan didn't break protcol. When Calleigh confronted Dan, he said "come on you guys gave Ryan another chance" and Calleigh replied, "Ryan broke protocol, you broke the law." What Dan did is basically credit card fraud and also theft in a way.
Ryan already broke the protocol with his gambling troubles and he's not going to break the law as Dan did.
Surely it won't be a good thing, but I guess that in this case they won't fire him, they're just going to put him on aministrative leave as they did with Calleigh in "Stand Your Ground", IMO.

Yeah I read that article too. As far as I know the only ones who reported that so far are EW. That is not to say it isn't true but no one else has said anything about it.

The article talks about the main stars of CBS shows like Mark Harmon, David Caruso, Gary Sinise, just to name some, who have locked in with long term contracts (ie 3 to 4 yrs). Their contracts have clauses that allow them to get a raise a each year. What CBS is now saying is that they need to freeze those raises b/c of the economy and if they don't take the freeze then some of their supporting cast could pay the price by losing their jobs. Part of the problem is too that the actors negotiate these contracts at one price but every year want to renegotiate and the networks give in therefore creating a mess.

I think it is too soon to speculate as to whether anyone is going to be leaving. No other network has said anything about doing salary freezes and CBS continues to boast how well they are doing in the ratings which translates into $$$. So lets just wait and see how and if this plays out.

I don't think, considering how popular their shows have been this year that CBS will easily let any of their actors go. What they are more than likely trying to say to their actors is; no renegotiating and if your contract is up at the end of the season; don't expect to get much more than you already have in the past. Given the state of the economy one would hope that the actors themselves understand this and are willing to work with the network to keep not only their job but the jobs of their co-workers.

Sad state of affairs this country is in. :(

Actually I can imagine some other actors leaving because of this reason, though I'm pretty sure CBS won't let them go that easily ;)

However, after calming down, I'm now focusing soley on the fact that Ryan picks up the bullet casing without gloves on IN FRONT OF Cal and Eric. That says to me that he's doing is purposely to let them know that something is wrong. They both have to know that Ryan is professional with his job and would never touch anything without gloves normally. So, that should make them wonder. Then when Horatio discovers Billy is missing and tells the others, they'll put two and two together and figure out that Ryan's being forced to do this just like Cal was in "All In". So that leaves the possibility for Cal to be more understanding after what she went through and she was only trying to save herself. Ryan's doing it to save an innocent child... and he refused to do when it was just to save himself (or so it sounds like, hence the being beaten up).
Actually Ryan picks up that bullet casing without gloves in front of Calleigh without knowing she was there. They're on a crime scene and Calleigh leaves the house (or whatever the set was, I don't remember) for a while.
So Ryan is completey alone and takes that bullet and puts it in his pocket hoping nobody saw him (he's not alone in that place). Calleigh catches him 'cause she comes back right in that moment.
Though, I agreee I can see him leaving some kind of clues to his co-workes just to let them know something's wrong.
Surely tempering with an evedence in front of Calleigh in her lab is like "hey look at me, you have to help me" though he pretends it was a mistake :p

Okay so Ryan is going to break protocol just like Dan Cooper when he used Tim Speedle's credit card. Now Cooper was arrested. What if Ryan Wolfe is arrested?
No, Dan didn't break protcol. When Calleigh confronted Dan, he said "come on you guys gave Ryan another chance" and Calleigh replied, "Ryan broke protocol, you broke the law." What Dan did is basically credit card fraud and also theft in a way.
Ryan already broke the protocol with his gambling troubles and he's not going to break the law as Dan did.
Surely it won't be a good thing, but I guess that in this case they won't fire him, they're just going to put him on aministrative leave as they did with Calleigh in "Stand Your Ground", IMO.

This stupid salary thing is so weird. I mean they can't let any of the supporting actors on CSI Miami go; they're very talented and have a lot going for them on that show. I mean because of this salary and letting Jonathan Togo go or anybody else? I havent' heard anything about "anyone"leaving the show.

This stupid salary thing is so weird. I mean they can't let any of the supporting actors on CSI Miami go; they're very talented and have a lot going for them on that show. I mean because of this salary and letting Jonathan Togo go or anybody else? I havent' heard anything about "anyone"leaving the show.

I agree i mean if jonathan togo was leaving the show we could have known by now so i don't think it's going to happen. The salary thing is ridiculous for one thing but letting talented people go?

As for the story,i think the mob is targeting the team one by one starting with Ryan. I mean i get ivan's warning now i just hope at the end of the 7.20 episode Calligh and Eric find out what Ryan was doing and know that the mob is serious about getting them. After all Ryan is being forced to tamper with evidence in order to keep Billy alive so he wouldn't get in trouble for it to save a child.

I agree i mean if jonathan togo was leaving the show we could have known by now so i don't think it's going to happen. The salary thing is ridiculous for one thing but letting talented people go?

As for the story,i think the mob is targeting the team one by one starting with Ryan. I mean i get ivan's warning now i just hope at the end of the 7.20 episode Calligh and Eric find out what Ryan was doing and know that the mob is serious about getting them. After all Ryan is being forced to tamper with evidence in order to keep Billy alive so he wouldn't get in trouble for it to save a child.
Well as for JT I think it's pretty soon to know whether he's going to leave the show or not just because of this salary stuff.
I mean right now everyone can leave the show, though it will be pretty hard knowing CBS.

As for the story, yep it is all about the russian mob. The russina mob kidnaps Billy and they're the ones to give orders to Ryan.
They will have already acted on Calleigh by attacking her on a crime scene in 7x19 (I'm pretty sure something else will happen to her by the end of the year :lol:) and Eric Delko is always involved with Russians, so yeah it's all about Russians. I guess it's their season on Miami :p

Yeah I read that article too. As far as I know the only ones who reported that so far are EW. That is not to say it isn't true but no one else has said anything about it.

The article talks about the main stars of CBS shows like Mark Harmon, David Caruso, Gary Sinise, just to name some, who have locked in with long term contracts (ie 3 to 4 yrs). Their contracts have clauses that allow them to get a raise a each year. What CBS is now saying is that they need to freeze those raises b/c of the economy and if they don't take the freeze then some of their supporting cast could pay the price by losing their jobs. Part of the problem is too that the actors negotiate these contracts at one price but every year want to renegotiate and the networks give in therefore creating a mess.

I think it is too soon to speculate as to whether anyone is going to be leaving. No other network has said anything about doing salary freezes and CBS continues to boast how well they are doing in the ratings which translates into $$$. So lets just wait and see how and if this plays out.

I don't think, considering how popular their shows have been this year that CBS will easily let any of their actors go. What they are more than likely trying to say to their actors is; no renegotiating and if your contract is up at the end of the season; don't expect to get much more than you already have in the past. Given the state of the economy one would hope that the actors themselves understand this and are willing to work with the network to keep not only their job but the jobs of their co-workers.

Sad state of affairs this country is in. :(

I couldn't agree more. Plus if for some reason the lead actors don't accept the freeze the first supporting actors to go would be the ones who have been on the show the shortest amount of time, so I think if this were to happen, Megan (Tara) would be the first to go. I wouldn't want Togo to go anywhere, I really like him and he's been in the show for a while now.

So...I just very lightly skimmed over all those insanely long posts, and I just had to say something.

I was actually thinking about this at work today. I don't see this as him having another screw up. I think this story line will be really good and we can get to see a more human side to the character. And if you think about it, this is kinda a hero story. He's willing to put his life and job on the line for Billy, a kid (that he's probably) not even related to. Granted, framing that other guy for murder sucks, but I would personally have someone go to jail because of me than have a kid die on my watch.

I mean, what other choice does he have? The only thing I would want to change about it is not having Horatio be Superman in the end like always. But it's really not that big of a deal. Maybe H has to save Ryan too.....

If you think about it, the spoiler says H shoots that guy seconds before the guy shoots Billy. So I'm guessing Ryan either didn't happen to be there or they came after him again. :(

Anyway, I think it will be an awesome episode. If they can make it as intense as 7.14 I'll be impressed. I have a feeling it will be as (if not better than) good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't agree more. Plus if for some reason the lead actors don't accept the freeze the first supporting actors to go would be the ones who have been on the show the shortest amount of time, so I think if this were to happen, Megan (Tara) would be the first to go. I wouldn't want Togo to go anywhere, I really like him and he's been in the show for a while now.

I would think it'd be the supporting cast that makes closer to the amount of the star which would be one of them that have been in the opening credits the longest next to Caruso. I mean, money wise that would make the most sense. :shrugs:

I would think it'd be the supporting cast that makes closer to the amount of the star which would be one of them that have been in the opening credits the longest next to Caruso. I mean, money wise that would make the most sense. :shrugs:

That does make sense, yet, I think that with the following that Ryan has, I don't think that the producers would really fire him first. Plus, I think we should all stay positive here because I really don't think that Ryan is going anywhere, he'll stay in the show, and we are just speculating here.

Yeah I don't think Ryan is going anywhere either. I mean look at it this way, if Ryan Wolfe/Jonathan Togo was really leaving for good we would've heard something about it by now, so I am happy we haven't heard anything about him leaving. That's good news.

Yeah I don't think Ryan is going anywhere either. I mean look at it this way, if Ryan Wolfe/Jonathan Togo was really leaving for good we would've heard something about it by now, so I am happy we haven't heard anything about him leaving. That's good news.

i agree! They usually tell us a few months before their final episode.:)

Well...All I have to say is...

OMG! OMG! RYAN STORYLINE....SWEETNESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan fans...this is what we've been waiting years for!!! Ryan's going to be the hero in this new spoiler and I personally can't wait to see it!!! I seriously think they should bump 7.20 up so I don't have to wait so long, but since that's not going to happen I just have to wait impatiently.

Really, really impaitently. :guffaw:

As far as Togo leaving, I really don't think it's gonna happen. Again like everyone said, we would have heard about it months ago. And besides, I would cry should that ever happen!

Some of you might find this relevant...some might not. On another CBS show, NO spoilers were given that their character was going to leave. It left a lot of people in shock when they left. Obviously their contract was terminated AFTER that episode aired.

But still...don't let our Wolfie leave! Jon has too much potential for this show!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back