Spetzli in Oktober(fest) <> German thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BurnedToast, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Thank god finally I know the school system that is talked about :D You must mean that you are at school that is same thing than our Upper Secondary School and it's final examl (=matriculation examination) because in German the term is abitur machen (if I remember right) and 3rd year students are called "abiturientti"

But we've always had that whole county takes the same exam at the same time in the same day ...

or are we talking about the same thing?
    Our system is explained here:
    http://www.ylioppilastutkinto.fi/deutsch.html

2. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Yeah Ducky, that's exactly what you described.
    With that "Abitur" you achieve the necessary qualification for an university education here in Germany, but up to now every single state had its own tests and because of this its own test standards (hehe: look at our PISA study :lol: ). So the "Zentralabitur" is a pretty new standard, sadly I had to make the Abi in the old system.

FreakyLady, I cross my fingers for you, you can make it! :)

(and btw: sorry for getting too spammish, now we're calm again ;) )

3. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

That's exactly what our Upper Secondary School is, even you can get to University without it, most of people who go there have got thru the matriculation examination.

So you are changing to something what we have? That it's nation wide exam what we have here. Then first teachers give marks and then they send those to this board who gives the final grades (I got 170 from Swedish and with 171 I'd gotten c and now I got b :rolleyes: It came down by 3 when it went there..I was so pissed. In English the same thing, 3 away from getting e so instead of it I got m :( )

Our matriculation examination has been changing as well recently. We were last year who did "old science and humanities" exam. I mean, those were all together and you had to pick 8 questions from whole bunch and answer ( there was lots to choose from... 10 in religion, 16 in history& social studies, 10 in philosophy, 12 in pscyhology, 16 in biology and 14 in geography... then 12 I think in both chemistry and physics) now those all are seperate.

Oh man, my German matriculation examination was so much fun! In listening comprehension I was hungry and my stomach was keeping so loud noise that I just kept laughing and guessed most of the stuff! It's multiple choise so students who usually don' tknow the answer use the line ABBAACDC :p

Then in written part, the ..essay or story or whatever you have to write there. 100-150 words (because I had it as c-language. In Swedish and English that was 200-300 words) :rolleyes: First title I didn't understand, 2nd I did understand but there was some description what I didn't understand. 3rd was "Mein Nachbarn ist anders" so I wrote about that :p It was insane text and made no sense but... hey, I passed :lol:

So erm... basicly we have snagged your schoolsystem but just improved it a bit ;)

I know Germans have been visiting here and getting familiar with our school system :eek:

4. FreakyLady

FreakyLady Pathologist

So guys,
    I just came back from school. Today I wrote my English "Abiturklausur". Luckily no Shakespeare topic. Yay

The weather is so good, the sun is shining and it's so warm.
    I think I'm going to go into the garden....

5. Stoky

Stoky CSI Level Two

FreakyLady that´s good idea, to use the nice weather for relaxing ;)

and sorry DaWacko i can´t to talk with the most of you over the school and systems, pity, i´m long time out of school.

6. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

The son of a good friend spent 3 months in Oklahoma or Ohio last year. (His dad wasn't sure about it himself. He always said "It's begins with an 'O'..^^:lol: ) Normally pupil spend 6 months in the US but in his case he couldn't because it would've meant he'd to repeat the current class. So he only took 3 months. But he said it was so awesome. He could hardly describe how great that experience has been.
    When I met him te first time after his journey and asked him how it'd been he just told: "I want to go back!" :D

His little brother is a lil genius. ^^ But both are very cute. :D
    They've got some irish roofs in their blood. I'm not very sure from which relative, but I don't mind. They also got cool names^^
    Cedric (Ceddy; I always thought of Cedric Diggory when I heard that name..now it's different. xP) and Gerius (Gerry)..two cute guys.^^

I'm talking crap right now..I'd better stop now. :p :D

7. FreakyLady

FreakyLady Pathologist

Hey guys

I thought I could bring up this thread again. It got kinda lost in the last weeks.

I think the weather is awesome here in Germany. Just like in the summer. ;)

Does anyone have a good idea for a new topic we could discuss :confused:

8. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

thanks for bumping this thread :) i couldn't find it on the list anymore...

i would say weather is always a good topic ;)

or the lack of advertisement for CSI on TV. that really sucks! if i didn't know CSI was airing, i definitely wouldn't become aware of it on TV....they never promote a new episode, there are no interviews with cast members, no backround information, NOTHING. why is that? german television isn't the best regarding us-shows! we never get to see behind the scenes shots or stuff like that. and, has there been only ONE single spot promoting the season finale? - NO there hasn't. people who don't know CSI is on on thursdays will never get to know that fact, well not only by watching TV.

okay enough said. i don't want to bore anyone or spam this thread :rolleyes: but i needed to say that and where else could i say it if not in the german thread?

i hope someone else will also post so our good old german thread won't die again :)

9. Stoky

Stoky CSI Level Two

hey it´s open new :lol: nice and thanks i´ve been missing that, and will posting every day. Today here in germany it was so nice weather and many of my neighbours have open his BBQ season :lol: it smells so tasty in my nose. All around so loveley aroma Steaks [​IMG] oh i love it.

oh and btw. cath don´t talk about our german TV :mad: particularly RTL and CSI (you know) i love CSI and this sender i´ve no words really makes me really angry.

10. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

I've been looking for this thread, too. I couldn't find it either.^^

Well... I've seen some promotions but it's mostly been for the whole evening with a promo for 'Cobra11' and then CSI. Did you notice they sometimes still announce the episodes to be new? Very weird! :rolleyes:

And I'd love to see some specials about the show!

I also can't believe they stopped the season without showing the last two eppis. Totaly idiotic!

Yesterday I've seen the s 6.1 dvd in our Rent a video store! As I don't have to work next week I'll rent them and watch the first half of s6 again! :D

The weather is still great. We already opened the BBQ season last months and I'm already tired of having BBQ all day. We almost barbecued all day so it's no wonder I don't want to have any BBQs for the summer. ^^ :rolleyes: :D

Hmm...what else could we now talk about... I'm not sure.

11. FreakyLady

FreakyLady Pathologist

Hey nice to see you all here again in this thread. With this post we have now 100 posts. Yay!

Advertisement for CSI in German TV?? Jeez man, that's really ridiculous. I mean I only watch CSI Miami, but as I remember RTL only mentions Miami with a couple of other shows that are on the air on Tuesday, too. Or in this special called "crime time" or something like that.

BBQ season... well yes. I had a BBQ last evening with some friends. It was really nice.

The weather is great, but definitely too warm for April. I heard that even some "Freibäder" have opened. But hey, I'm not the "Freibadtyp" ( I don't know why) :confused:

12. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

I'm also not the type of visiting the Freibad. I mostly hate it...it's always so fully loaded and loud. I really can't stand that. I don't mind having nice conversations with some of them but mostly there are annoying teenagers with loud music and idiotic behaviour. :rolleyes:

We just had a BBQ again for lunch..^^

What are you all doind on May 1st resp. tomorrow?
    My parents are planning to travel to the Netherlands...for shopping and having some fun time at the beach of Domburg.^^ We'll get up very early and drive 4hours just to be the very first people on the beach. Very stupid.^^
    Later we'll shop in Roermond at the 'Designer Outlet' and in Venlo. Tomorrow there's also the 'Königinnentag'....I'm not sure what they're gooing to do tomorrow but I'm afraid it's totally...crowded with people that are celebrating.

At this point I'm not very keen on joining them. I'd prefer to sleep long and have the complet house for moyself but I don't think they'll let me stay at home...perhaps if my brother won't join us then I'd say tomy parents "Have a nice day on your own! Something romantic at the beach or stuff like that!" That probably would work...
    We'll see...

13. FreakyLady

FreakyLady Pathologist

Yeah, I totally argree with you. "Loud music and idiotic behaviour" Thats's it! :D

Concerning May 1st... puh... well honestly I have no real plan for that day. I haven't even planned a "Tanz in den Mai" yet. Either it'll be something spontaneous or it'll be a usual day. We'll see...

14. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

i'm absolutely not the "Freibad-Type"! but yeah, the Grugabad opened last weekend or the week before because it was so hot...i prefer to lie in the garden and have a good time. and btw that's for free ;)

yep, BBQ season...great! we'll have one today, just lighted the fire :D i'll never get enough of a good BBQ :rolleyes:

May 1st....here's a "Tanz in den Mai" on a different farm every year. this year it's at a friend's farm and i think i'll go there. many of my friends will be there and i think we could have a real good time. but i haven't absolutely decided yet....

just a short jump back to CSI.... the only advertisement i've seen for CSI lately was the promo for the 6th season on DVD, but only a spot that was like 5 seconds long.

RTL will show the season finale in the summer :rolleyes: their explanation was "...because it's a two-parter" :confused: and because of that they can't show it earlier? weird!
    and yeah, i also noticed that they still say the episodes would be new ones, but that is just not the case! freaks!

15. Stoky

Stoky CSI Level Two

:lol: "freibad typ" no, i´m agree with you cathy but i like to swim in open sees with my dog, bit alone it´s so nice and like the romantic place there ;) we called them here Hegemannsee, and you can all do on it what you like, camping and fishing and open fireplace *hmmm* so nice, and btw. for us all nice 1. May ;) hope you´ll have had funny and goody day?! i´ve, visitors here in my home :lol: from 16°° until now *puh* i´m ready now. We´ve many fun and i´m a bit squiffy now
    think it´s ok for our day hmm?

RTL *forget it* really, i´m so angry with him, on Vox TV CSI i like more. It´t more than weired really.