Spetzli in Oktober(fest) <> German thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BurnedToast, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

Oh no!... I just got the point right now with cathwillows help. I was wondering why you'd say 'cream'. :rolleyes: :D
    But sometimes I just get things earlier. ^^ I even dreamed one night everything in english. :eek: That was cool, though! :lol:

But I think other 'Umlaute' are also important. It just depends on the word you want to say. My own name also includes an 'Umlaut' (ü) but it's not that wrong cause you can also write it as 'ue'. Even some companies and similar that are writing letters are using the 'ue' often. So I don't mind. ^^

2. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

yeah Yurek my dreams are in english too. that happened quiet often since i joined this forum ;)
    i even think in english! :eek: that is really cool, i like it very much!
    and i'm glad that i could help you in understanding Anna's statement ;)

3. Stoky

Stoky CSI Level Two

:lol: cathwillows and Yurek i speak here at home so often english and my mom looks at me very weired :lol:

but i see it´s really quiete here? where are you´ll??? hmmm ;)

4. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

Yeah! Thanks for that little help. I've been really confused at first. :D
    For me thinking in english started 3 years ago when I was reading the very first FFs. They've been in english and I also wrote two FFs in english ( I haven't finished them yet) and the forum has also been in english. So I started thinking, dreaming and speaking in english more often. ^^ :D

Hey Stoky!
    I'm here...where are you? :lol:

Hmm..what can we talk about next?....

I don't know. Anyone has an idea? :)

5. cathwillows

i have no idea what we could talk about, and unfortunately it seems as if all the germans have gone :(
    where is everyone? i'm all alone.....

yesterday i bought my first books in english! :D i mean of course i've read english books, but that was in school and nothing i would have read voluntarily. stuff like macbeth, pygmalion or cosmopolis. i still don't know what the last one is about :lol:
    no those books are great and i started to read the first one and i really understand it! they are crimestories, something like csi in fact. and i just realized that the second book maybe be something like the tv show "bones".

ok that's it for now. maybe another lonesome soul finds its way into this thread. it won't be Stoky because i know she had to go to bed early, she's got an important appointment tomorrow, or better later today ;)

hope to see you soon everyone

6. FreakyLady

FreakyLady Pathologist

hey guys
    I'm back. I had no time in the last days to come here and post something. Last friday I had my last real day of school and we had a big party etc. And on Saturday I had other things to do. And yesterday I had to learn for my "Abiturklausur" in German for today.

But now I'm back.

It seems that we have no real topic currently. Why not? We could talk about food, politics, school or jobs and of course CSI and so on (I'm sorry, I know these topics aren't that interessting ;) )

7. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

*woah* There are peolpe in here! :D

@cathwillows: You bought your first english books? And some criminalstic style? Sounds great. Which books exactly did you buy? I'm also interesting in such books. :)
    I own some english books. But I couldn't find them in german. I bought 'Band of Brothers', 'Black Hawk Down' (well..I found BHD in german, but I had to order it and the english one has been already in store, so I took that one), a book from Roswell (but I haven't read it yet^^) and some schoolish and shakespearian books. But as we never read Shakespeare in school it was more like an interesting thing to buy them. I bought MacBeth, Romeo and Julia, Hamlet and one or two other ones. I forgot which ones. ^^

@FreakyLady: You last day of schol ever? I remember my last day of school. Has been last year on April 7. I just came to school to get my marks. In the first two lessons we had 'politics' but they were watching a movie. I stayed at home and sleeped until 9 and came to school at around a quarter to 10. I still had to pay for the 'abifeier' (which has been very boring though, could have been much better, though) and give back some books. ^^ I still own some old chemical books from gymnasium (I didn't do my Abi at a gymnasium..) I don't know what to do with them. Perhaps I'll keep them and give them to the son of some friends. Little Gerian will be a pupil of the same gymnasium this summer. But only because that (very stupid) school are supporting highflyers.^^ And he is a highflyer.
    So perhaps I can give him my books. :D

I think on our last day of school they wanted to make a party but it's been soo spontanious. I hadn't had any time. I remember I was giving a little party for my VIP friends. I cooked something nice and we watched some movies. :lol:

Yeah... politics?...*nah* I hate politics. Can't stand it much. ^^

8. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

*lurking in the German thread* :lol:

I have read so many crime stories that they have kind of all rolled into one for me now. :lol: Books by an author called Kathy Reichs are what 'Bones' is based on. I say 'based on' because her main character is Temperance Brennan, the woman in bones, but I don't really think the books and the tv show share too many similarities. I do remember really enjoying the books, although it was a while ago when I read them. Enjoy! :)

9. cathwillows

the first one, the one i started reading, is "Want to play?" by P.J. Tracy. i like it so far, seems to be thrilling. the second one is in deed by Kathy Reichs, as Elsie said ;) , and the title is "Break no Bones". i hope it will be good.

so FreakyLady , abiklausur today? how was it? which subject? i hope it went well. :)
    i graduated a year ago but i have to say i don't really remember my last real school day. i think we wore mafiosi stuff and did not really pay attention to what the teachers tried to tell us....as always :lol:

10. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

Thanks for telling. I think I'll look them up in my library. Perhaps I'll find them.
    I have to visit the library anyway. Got some ??? books I rented already 7 weeks ago. :D

@FreakyLady: Let us know how your klausur has been. I'm curious. :)
    I hope it's been okay. :)

11. cathwillows

now that our topic seems to be abitur, i'll tell something about mine....
    i wasn't too good at my abiturklausuren....i had 9 points in biology (3.fach) , 9 points in italian (2. lk) and only 6 ponts in english (1. lk)....but actually it was good that i only got 6 points, because if i had been better i would have had to make an abweichungsprüfung and that wouldn't have gone well ;)
    and i completely screwed up my oral exam :rolleyes: it was in pädagogik....i hated my teacher, does that count?

12. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

I think that counts. :)

I was thinking about making my 4th exam in biology but I just hated the valutaion system made by my teacher. She always gave you full points if you wrote the terminologies. Sometimes durings tests I forgot those words but I explained the whole stuff in the right way. I just didn't know how to call it. I didn't get any points for the whole task, because I didn't use the terminology. I hated her so much!
    She even deducted a point from the end results because my friend mispelled everytime 'saccharid' (he always forgot one 'C' and wrote 'sacharid'). Every other teacher would have taken one point and mark the others as "Wiederholugnsfehler". But she didn't. I panicked before every klausur and test because of this. So it was clear not to take this subject as oral exam. ^^:D

I took german instead. 'Erziehungswissenschaften' has been my 2.LK and I almost failed it. I only got 5 points. But I was 'vorbenotet' with only 5 points so I hadn't had any problems with that. I have had two deficits in that subjects.
    My first LK has been english. I always had 10 points in that subject...since 11th class. :D
    I had excellents marks in the 'klausuren' but I just spoiled the marks with my 'no-speaking' during the lessons. I never talked much (well..I think in some subject I was never talking a single word! except of presentation, which I had to do to prevent another deficit^^)

And my third exam has been maths. I got 5 points. We had some stupid tasks to do. I had problems with the probability calculus. I hated that stuff so much. But I solved the very first 'Polynomdivision' during my exams. I had never solved one of them before. I always had problems.

In the end I only got 419points for my abitur. Got me an NC of 3,1. ^^ Could've been much better!
    :(
    But I finaly got my abitur. Took me 15 years though...^^ I was so happy when I got my results. *yay* :D

13. cathwillows

it was exactly the same in my case!!! my biology teacher did the same if anybody just explained something but didn't use the correct expression for it. if you lived in essen i would think you went to the same gymnasium i did ;)

and in english, i was always good at the klausuren, i always had around 10 points, but i just didn't speak during the lessons, well nothing related to the topic :lol: i did some presentations and lucky me, my teacher seemed to like me so i always avoided a deficit....

14. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

Seems as if they've been seperated at birth or similar. It's always been so annoying and everyone thought so. But we just couldn't help us... we didn't know how to stand up against it. Cause it's more her way of teaching. It was riddiculous.

Same here. We've been 6 people in our LK so there's been more chances for me to tell something about the stuff like homework or similar.
    And my presentations has always been marked with at least 12 points. Ususally I got 13. I barely made any mistakes in writing. I always got a 'Fehlerquotient' of 1,1 or 1,2.
    In one klausur I wrote around 1500 words (which is sooo much for me. I rarely reached the 1000 normally^^) and I only got 20 mistakes that gave me an FQ of 1,3 and the mark 1. End result of the test: 12 points. Ususally my best written task has been the last one where you have to write creative stuff eg. letters, diary entries.
    So I always got 12/13 points for thw writing part but only 7 or 8 for the oral part and that only got me 10/11 points for my certificate. :rolleyes:

I think we're similar in that case. :)

15. cathwillows

i even reached a "fehlerquotient" of only 0.8 several times :eek: i've always been good at grammatic and vocabulary! hardly made mistakes there. and luckily we had some "streber" in english where i could copy the homework when i hadn't done it, which happened quiet often :rolleyes:

and about the biology teachers, could definitely be fact that they've been seperated at birth because mine was a woman too. maybe they are twins and don't know about each other :lol: