Spetzli in Oktober(fest) <> German thread

Again a day with beautiful weather :)

May 1st was nice. As I said, in the end it was a spontaneous meeting with some friends. :)

So we have May already?? That means a lot of public holidays this month with "Pfingsten" and "Christi Himmelfahrt". :D
Do you have plans for these days already? I mean some people take a holiday in addition so that they have a longer weekend.

My May 1st has been...boring..^^ I rented the dvds s6.1 from CSI and watched it. I only watched TV yesterday...:D

When I went to school I used to love the month May. We've had so many free days. Not only because of the many public holidays but also there has been many seminars and advances educations for our teachers. That was cool... :D

For those free days I don't have plans yet. I think me and friend will stay together and watch some dvds if she's home.

I have to work on May 17..that's 'Christi Himmelfahrt'. That's weird. I thought that day is a public holiday for everyone. Oo
I'll have to ask if that's okay. But for Pfingsten I don't have to work. I only work 11 days this months...that's kinda cool. But I have to work on my friend's birthday. But she also have to. We'll watch Pirates of the Carribean III in theaters. Her b-day is on May24. So it's the very first day for the movie to be shown. I hope it's not that full. I hate fully-loaded halls. ^^ But who doesn't? :D

You have to work on May 17th? Oh why? I always thought that it is a public holiday for everyone, too. Maybe it has something to do with your job or where you're working?!?!?!

Concerning your hope that the cinema isn't that full when you two are going to watch Pirates of the Carribean: well... I hope that you booked or will book some tickets for this film. Because a lot of people are looking forward to this movie and therefore I think that on this evening the cinema will be full of people. But nevertheless I hope you two will have a nice time :D

FreakyLady said:
You have to work on May 17th? Oh why? I always thought that it is a public holiday for everyone, too. Maybe it has something to do with your job or where you're working?!?!?!

Can't really be. I was supposed to work on this Monday but my firm was closed. I read that we're having some possible free days just before/after public holidays but I couldn't read the whole message.
I'll just ask if it's right that we're working that day. My mum couldn't/wouldn't tell me if it's right I'd have to work.^^

Concerning your hope that the cinema isn't that full when you two are going to watch Pirates of the Carribean: well... I hope that you booked or will book some tickets for this film. Because a lot of people are looking forward to this movie and therefore I think that on this evening the cinema will be full of people. But nevertheless I hope you two will have a nice time :D

We never book our tickets earlier. For our cinema we can book tickets only on that day we want to see the movie. So if we want to see the movie on Thursday we'll have to book tickets on the same day and even pick them up as soon as possible.
It's just a small cinema and we never booked before. We booked two times til now.
First one has been for Matrix Reloaded (which was great because people we're standing onto the street^^, it's been soo full) and the second time... I'm not sure...but we booked tickets and when we went to cinema at 7.15pm (movie should start at 8pm) we've been the only people waiting there. :lol:
Since that day we didn't book tickets anymore. We just try to be there early so we'll get a nice view. :)

I think...we will have a great time. I just hope there's no one annoying watching too. When we watched Star Wars Episode III it was so f***** up to have people you knew sitting behind you and talking loudly about the weather, class test the next day and other stupid stuff. :mad:

luckily i don't have to bother wether or not any day is a public holiday....for me every day is a holiday :lol:
but not for very much longer. and i have to say i can't wait till i finally get something to do. but till then i'll enjoy every single day!

Pirates of the Carribean....maybe i'll go watch that movie with a friend. i think he's the biggest fan on earth of that movie! :rolleyes:

i can't remember having ever booked tickets for the cinema. if i plan on going to a movie that probably will be visited by many people, i just go earlier and then i shouldn't have a problem to get the tickets.

the last movie i've seen in the cinema was "The Lake House" (Das Haus am See) i loved that movie!!! i really did. it was really cute, but somehow kinda confusing :lol:

I just hope there's no one annoying watching too. When we watched Star Wars Episode III it was so f***** up to have people you knew sitting behind you and talking loudly about the weather, class test the next day and other stupid stuff.
i hate these stupid idiots!!! and somehow it seems as if i always have those guys in the row behind me :rolleyes: the kick against the seat, throw popcorn all over the place, talk, laugh, cough,....STUPID!

Holiday´s? Cinema *ohhh* folks, i´ve been a continuity abo :lol: no works and cinema, oh hit me, my last visit to cinema is long time ago. But the "pirates of carebean" hey, i love much Johnny Depp :lol: the first and second part - guys i have so much fun and it´s funny - and sure i love this.

when i will going into the cinema it is spontaneous no great booking or some thing ;)

and yes the people sit in cinema who talk over some things also the film :mad: they don´t not sit behind or before me i swear, than i can be very savagely with this folks :lol:

So, I'm back again. :)

Damn, on Wednesday there's my "Mündlliche Abiturprüfung". Great :( The table behind me is full of papers with stuff that has something to do with social studies. It's a lot to learn, but I thought doing something else for half an hour would be cool.

So, what are you doing? Anything interesting we could talk about? What about music? What are your favourite national stars?

There will be my sister's confirmation soon. Actually in almost two weeks. But I don't know what to wear. Either I'll go into the city and hope that I'll find something at "Zara" or shops like that or I'm going to wear the same stuff I wore at my own confirmation. :confused:

cinegirl said:I'm from Münster, NRW - OK, to be exactly I'm from Telgte, but nobody knows this little town, and because it's only 20 minutes from Münster, I think Münster counts, too.
Oh you've got it wrong there! I was in Münster for 4 weeks in Feb, and I went there by train so I passed Telgte *lol*
Well, I'm from Detmold, maybe you know it, but you might at least know Bielefeld (~35 km from here) b/c of their football team which will stay 1st bundesliga next season! Yay!! And maybe you also know Lemgo, as it's the home of the best handball team in the world!
*g* it's funny writing to German people about my German town - in English. But maybe there are also some others who are interested in our nice country^^

FreakyLady said
Damn, on Wednesday there's my "Mündlliche Abiturprüfung". Great The table behind me is full of papers with stuff that has something to do with social studies. It's a lot to learn, but I thought doing something else for half an hour would be cool.
good luck for that!!! i know how it feels to have to do the oral exam....i hated it! but i'm sure you'll do just fine.

So, what are you doing? Anything interesting we could talk about? What about music? What are your favourite national stars?
first, i have to say how horrible the weather is today! after 5 weeks without one single cloud or rain, it started raining this morning and still continues! :rolleyes: i want the sun back.

favorite national stars....i like xavier naidoo. his voice is awesome! i think my favorite song is "abschied nehmen", it's so sad.... another good song is "was wir alleine nicht schaffen" but not because of the Soccer WCC ;) it's just that we had an event in our family and this song fits that situation, kind of....
i have to say that sebastian hämer sounds exactly like xavier naidoo! and i'm not sure if he will make it very far because of that fact. everytime someone hears one of his songs you may think "oh isn't that xavier naidoo?" and nobody will even know that it's sebastian hämer...just a thought :rolleyes: ;)

i like the No Angels. their new song "goodbye to yesterday" is pretty good i think. i mean i wasn't very sad when they separated some time ago but now that they are reunited it's kinda cool.

anyone else who wants to talk about their favorite national stars?

oh i just noticed that i only talked about music. but there's much more going on in good old germany :lol:

actors, writers maybe, singers of course, maybe we could talk about sports....many possibilities. well i made the first step, now it's up to you :p

Yeah the weather sucks, it's been raining all day long and I hear the rain much too load *sigh*
National stars? Well that would definitely be our handball national team!
Furthermore Die Ärzte and Die Toten Hosen - German punk rock rocks!
As for writers I have to say that I don't really have a fav German writer I guess - none who's still alive, though. I love Erich Maria Remarque's novels. And Rilke poems. Well I have soem I just realize - but they only write fan fics so that doesn't count...
@FreakyLady, good luck, I know what you're going through, I had Abi in 2005 and now it's my sister's turn^^
But keep your fingers crossed for me, too, please, I'll have intermediate examination (aka Abschlussprüfung Teil I) tomorrow...

Hey guys, what's up?
SandleDL it's nice to see you in this thread :D How was your intermediate examination?

So today I had my oral exam. It went quite good - I got 11 points :D Yay

I don't wanna talk about the weather, because it's so bad. ;)

Concerning the national stars, well honestly I have no favourite national star, but I like some songs from "No Angels" and from "Sportfreunde Stiller". And of course "Sven Väth", "ATB" and "Blank&Jones"

@FreakyLady: Congratulations! 11 points is really good, well done! My examination was very good, too, at least I think so *lol* The questions were quite easy, so I'm optimistic - guess the positivity cookies I got in the Sandle shipper thread worked really well for me! :lol:

Congratulations on your 11 points, FreakyLady!
bigokbc3.gif

Which subject?

I got 13points in my german oral exam last year. I had to analyze a poem by Goethe. Oo I hated such stuff. But I was the best in that group. :D

11 are also great. Especially in an oral exam.

Weather...I couldn't sleep last night because of the weather. I started lightning and thundering at half past 9pm ( I wanted to go to bed right after CSI Miami) and in between it was raining so badly. It was crazy. My bed is right under the roof pitch and the window is put at the end of my bed and there's no 'real' blind on that window and every lightning showed up at the opposite of that window. I've been blinded everytime ...even with closed eyes. Oo
At half past 12 it stopped thundering and raining and I hoped I'd fall asleep soon but I was lying asleep until about half past 1. I woke up at 3.15am and fell asleep again at 3.45 and then I woke up again at 4.20. I couldn't fall asleep for a long time and I was already so pissed off because I had to get up at 5.35 because I had to work at 7. So... I had nooo sleep last night.
I felt absolutely whacked today at work...I was yawning so much..my co-workers were worried I'd fall asleep in front of the machine. :D

But I'm glad I won't have to work next thursday and friday. Well..hopefully not on friday. :D

National singers...hmm..The only one I really like is Xavier Naidoo. But I also like some various songs. I can't define it on a band or singer. :)

Oh I know your problem too well, Yurek, I live beneath the roof, too, and it sucks when it rains that much. I hate it not being able to sleep. The problem is that we have a military training area not so far away so when the wind blows the right way, you can hear the shooting, and that's absolutely annoying. It's not loud, though, but hearing it is enough for me.
Btw congratulations, 13 points... Well I always liked Goethe, Goethe was pretty cool, I think. He lived life his way, someone in my class used to say he was the first rock star *lol*

Thx Yurek and Sandle :D
Yurek said:
Which subject?
Social sciences. I had a speech from Frank-Walter Steinmeier about the European Union. And in his speech he only talked about positive aspects about the EU and its development. So the first task was to outline his arguments and his position. Second task was to mention aspects Steinmeier didn't mention (--> that means of course all the nagative aspects of the EU). And the third task was about my own opinion concerning the future of the EU with regarding to the potential joining of new countries, especially Turkey. The second part of the oral exam were other questions about economic theories and all the economic stuff.

@Yurek: I know exactly how you felt that night. Earlier, when I was a young child my room was on the opposite of our home. And every time, when there was a thunder storm at night I was so afraid because of the noises and the flashes. I even cried somethimes :eek: Maybe that's the reason why I even nowadays don't feel comfortable during a heavy thunder storm

Back