Spetzli in Oktober(fest) <> German thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BurnedToast, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

I always have made my homework. There were only a few times when I didn'' do them. But I just told her and instead I was presented them the next lesson. I was the most .....(damn! I forgot the word. I even don't know the german word. I hope you'll understand what I want to say) of the course. I just missed it 4 times in three years. I just loved the course so much.
    But when I left gymnasium at the end of class 11
    I made so many mistakes. I always had an FQ of 9,5+. I've been so bad at grammatics and vocabulary. I always had had just 0points for that. :lol:
    And when I started at the 'Berufskolleg' in class 11 (I had to repeat it cause I got three 5 at the end) and wrote my first english klausur I wrote a 2+ with an FQ of 1,2. And I didn't do anything during summer holidays. :lol: That's been so funny. I still can't believe it. :D

Could really be. As long as your teacher is only 31/32 years old. :D
    She came during our 12th class. Normally it's not allowed to change the teacher withing the qualification time but they did for us. I fell from 11 points (turn up) on 5 points within half a year. Oo ^^

2. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

and BAM that ruined our theory! :lol: she's much older, not sure how old exactly but at least 60 i think because she retired last year. we were her last course.

:eek: you were such a "streber"!!! :p
    in the three years of "oberstufe" i may have made homeworks for half a year all together you know? if you took the homework i actually made it would only be enough for a "halbjahr" maybe :lol: but i always managed to get through the lesson. either the teacher forgot that we had homework, or he/she didn't ask for it or just took someone else to present it. :D

3. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

OKay...it doesn't fit. But perhaps it's her daughter...my teacher of course. Or they're related. Who knows? :D

Well..then I've been a 'streber' but only for that lessons...oh and for 'Erziehungswissenschaften' and biology. (for biology and EW it's been too dangerous not to do them, but I never joined the duscussions and presentations were only mean values :D)
    I sometimes did my maths homework. It depended on my mood and how much and what kind of tasks and the weather and..:lol:
    But I've always been the one who had to explain the math stuff to my friends. So I often made it and then I could easily explain it. Or we did them together during breaks or 'arts' or 'religion' or'politics'. That's been subjects where you could easily do other things eg. playing games, reading books, leaving the room to get a cup of coffee and smoke a cigarette (I'm not a smoker but many of us has been) or just..sleeping.^^ :lol:

At the end of the 12. I left the room the first time during lessons to go to the toilet. But I had to, cause I got nosebleeding. So I couldn't wait for the break. :lol:
    I'd always waited for break to go to the toilet or I just didn't use them at school and waited til I got home. :D
    Later I always left if I had the feeling of needing a break from it. :lol:

4. cathwillows

:lol: :lol: :lol: SAME HERE! our religion teacher was the slowest person in the whole world!!! we called him "Yoshi" because his name was "herr jerosch" and somehow it became yoshi.

i never used the toiletts at school either, they were disgusting! i would have done many other things just to prevent me from using them....*urg*

and i loved our math teacher!! he was maybe 55 years old, probably older, and still lived with his mother :eek: :lol: he had a hearing problem and some guys just knocked on the table and he thought someone was at the door and always, honestly ALWAYS said "kommen sie rein, hier sind sie richtig!" :lol: and they sparked off firecrackers during class and he just didn't get it. he was sooooo cute!

5. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

Yoshi?

Hasn't this pet from 'Super Mario' been called 'yoshi'? :lol:

We all has been catholic but our religion teacher has been evangelic but it hasn't been a problem. He told us his life story. He's been a sky pilot ( pastor at the Bundeswehr) but became a teacher then.
    We did cool stuff though I'm just not interested in religion. The coolest thing has been the excursion into sects. We all had to prepare a presentation about a religion or sect we could choose. Steffi and me we took Scientology. :D
    We got 10 points for. We showed a few videos about people who got into debts because they paid everything. It was very interesting. :)

Our math teacher was a female and she's been so confused. Normally she teached pupils who has been in their BGJ (Berufsgrundbildungsjahr) or BVJ (Berufsvorbereitungsjahr) and there you're makind easy things like..I don't know. Basically stuff and then she came to us and tried (!) to teach us how to solve equations and similar. Her most spoken sentence:"Schaut im Buch nach!" ("Look it up in your book!") and "Das steht irgendwo im Buch!" ("That's somewhere in your book!") :lol:
    But she's also been very cute and nice.

I remember we only had maths on thursday during the 5. + 6. lessons. I think it's been on Weiberfastnacht two years ago. Our biology lesson during the first two lessons that day had been cancelled ebcause she hadn't been there. And during the 3. + 4. lessons the english LK didn't have her course but the GK did. But english course had also been cancelled. So we just had had to come for maths. ^^ So we asked her nice if we could remit her courses and just do them on another day. And her answer (she's been totally cute there): "Also. Wenn niemand zum Unttericht da ist, dann können wir auch keinen Unterricht halten." (If nobody is present for lessosn we can't having lessons) :lol: So..it's obvious 98% stayed home. I thnk just Kristoffer has been there. But he's the biggest 'streber' you've ever seen. He didn't understand anything during courses and always asked the same questions (though they already have been asked two minutes before^^) but he always got 15 points in every klausur. Oo

Yeah..it's been a chaotic cluster of people! :lol:

6. cathwillows

yes the green dinosaur from Super Mario is Yoshi! i think we called him Yoshi because he looked like a turtle, and Yoshi does too. :lol:

everything you told about your math teacher and staying at home was exactly the same here! we had a teacher who always answered our questions like this "Fragt doch Inga, die kann das erklären." (ask inga, she can explain it)

i totally loved sports, but not because i was so good at it, no because you didn't have to do anything and still got at least 10 points! so our sports teacher had the glorious idea to do "Capoeira" (spelling???). that really sucked! i thought it was ridiculous, those strange movements and all. the expert who came to teach us capoeira always shouted "2!...GIN!....7!" i have no idea what that means! :lol: so rashid and i just sat on the bench and watched how the others made complete fools of themselves. at the and of the year our teacher told us the grades and said to me "Is that okay? if not i can change it!" btw it were 11 points for doing nothing!!! i said "no that's okay!" :D
    one time we did cheerleading, well not really, we made figures and pyramids and stuff like that. we were a group of three and one of us actually was a cheerleader so we had a little bonus ;) when we had to present our work, we were the best group and got 15 points!!!!!! :D

7. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

Sports has also been one of my favorites subjects. Well...we did stupid childish games to warm up eg. 'Kettenfangen' or 'Hase und Jäger'...that's been so annoying.^^
    But we did basketball, hockey, trampoline (where I didn't join. I'm afraid of highs^^), dancing and something similar to your cheerleading stuff. We also had to preapare something in groups of 4 or 5 people. We did a little pyramid and other figures. We got 12 points. But we were happy with that. We hated that thing, cause we didn't want to do it. The other (previous) things we could choose.
    We also did dancing. We had to prepare a dance. My group (we've been 6 people) prepared a simple, cool, hippy dance to Ciara's "1,2 Step". Now I always have to think about our dance if I'm listening to that song. :lol:
    I loved doing basketball. I always got 15 points for it since 5th grade. :D

8. cathwillows

yeah i know those stupid games. we did that too. and basketball was pretty cool, except our teacher, another one than the cheerleading teacher, was always so nervous when we played it. he always shouted "mach den leon frei! flügelspieler!!!" :rolleyes: freak!
    and we danced too. we actually had an event called "Grata" which means "Grashof tanzt" and we had to present our dance there, infront of EVERYONE from our school. that was embarrassing! but also kinda funny. we made a dance to a Tom Jones song, and to other songs of course. it was actually okay. and we didn't have to go to school the next day because we were so exhausted ;)

9. Annika

Annika Prime Suspect

Sorry :lol: No I'm not living in Arnsberg but I was born there. But I still live in the "Thank you Kyrill for the nice bare hills area" aka Sauerland

10. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

OMG, so much to catch up! :eek:
    And you're always welcome in here, Elsie :)

Puh...English books - yes, I bought some too, after joining this forum. But they're still untouched, cause I had no time to read them carefully yet, and I think I really need to take the time to understand at least the rough storyline...
    But I think we all read the same stuff: mine are also from Kathy Reichs, about Tempe Brennan, but as Laura already mentioned: the books are very different from the show.

Abitur - oh, don't get me started! I was so happy when it was finally over, I wasn't very good in school, always average.
    And English! :lol: I first tried me on the LK, but after some time our teacher wanted to build up an elite class, and, well, I wasn't, am not and will never be an elite student, so I changed my LK and took the normal English class. For my first test in there I got a...F! I was like: "What the he**?" and that's my experience with the English language. :D
    Gladly I found this board and started to speak/write it again, and now - like some of you - I also think in English, sometimes. (I don't know if I think in proper English, but that doesn't matter ;) )

11. cathwillows

hey Vera good to see you again girl! :D i missed you!
    i am really surprised that i actually understand the book quiet easily. i thought it would be harder but it goes smoothly. and i don't even translate it into german mentally but leave it in english. i'm a bit proud of me! :D
    and i even laughed at some parts of the book, which means that i even got the jokes....not nad, really not bad.

abitur....i was the happiest person in the world when we finally got the results and i knew that i din't have to go through the additional tests, no idea what they were called right now :rolleyes: i was so nervous after my oral exam that i drank a whole bottle of wine, alone! :eek: i was pretty drunk when i went into the principal's office to get my result....but nobody noticed. ;)

12. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Aw, that's so sweet, missed you too! :)
    But silly work keeps me away atm, hope it will get better soon.

Hehe, a whole bottle?? Dear, I wish I could have seen you in the principals office! :lol: They must have noticed!

Last thing concerning the books: I started with CSI:Miami books in English (surprise, surprise!), but there are so many forensic terms in it, it made me a bit mad :lol:
    Hope the Kathy Reichs ones are a bit easier ;)

So, I'll leave now, it's time. Bye, bye, everybody, and *special good night hug* to you, Steffi

13. cathwillows

no actually i don't think they've noticed because the only thing i did was staring a the wall behind them and i didn't say ONE single word ! i was only like "hmm...hmm..." and that's it :lol: i am not sure but i think the teacher of the subject i had the oral exam in hugged me.... :eek: but i'm so not sure! there you see how drunk i was.

i hope that work will give you the chance to come here more often too. it has been quiet in here the last days.

good night *takes Vera into a tight embrace* :D

14. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

*cough* I hope you guys have exchanged your MSN (or similar) addresses so it isn't chat in here :)

15. FreakyLady

FreakyLady Pathologist

:eek: You guys are so fast :eek:

puuh...

ok, yesterday I wrote my "Abiturklausur" in German. The special thing about the Abitur this year is that we have in NRW The "Zentralabitur" for the first time. For those who haven't heard anything about it: "Zentralabitur" means that the "Schulministerium NRW" makes the tasks and topics and every pupil in NRW has to write exactly the same test at the same time.

In German we had to choose between 4 topics. I chose "Vergleichende Analyse von 2 Romananfängen". There was another topic about critisicm of media which was really interessted. But thanks to our teacher I couldn't do this one, because we never had that topic in our lessons. :(
    I don't know what the result will be. :confused:It's German and I don't know if I solved the tasks in the right way. It always depends a little bit on the teacher.

Tomorrow there will be the "Englischabiturklausur". But we can only choose between 2 topics. I'm really excited and next to my computer, there are lying several sheets of paper with summaries about Shakespeare, Globalization, Utopia&Dystopia, Post colonialism and the American Dream. These are the topics in English. And I'm nervous.... :mad: