Spetzli in Oktober(fest) <> German thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BurnedToast, Mar 12, 2007.

1. BurnedToast

BurnedToast Coroner

Noticing the threads for other countries, I felt the urge to create a thread for Germans. Pretty much because I could, and I'm proud of my German heritage, despite the odd historical attire. ^-^

If you are German, be it the slightest drop of blood - even if you got it from scraping your knee in the very same place as a large German boy - feel free to join in!

As for me, I am -
    German
    French
    English
    Italian
    Scottish
    Irish
    & Welsh

So there. I dunno why I posted that, but I did, so there.

- Andy

2. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

*joins the club*

I'm fully german. *yay*
    My parents are german, my grand-parents are german..I think there's no other blood in our forefathers line.^^:D

So...erm... I'll be here quite often. Erm...Don't know what to write.

Yes...

Have to go now. I'll be back. :lol:

3. FreakyLady

FreakyLady Pathologist

Yay, a German thread!

I'm fully German, too, like Yurek.

I think this is going to be an awesome thread. And the title is also cool. Oktoberfest is great :D ;)

4. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

Hey FreakyLady!
    Another german! *yay* :D

Anyone already been to 'Oktoberfest'?

I'd love to visit it someday. I still haven't seen it. :(

I never had the chance to visit it yet. Always damn school that ruined it. ^^

5. FreakyLady

FreakyLady Pathologist

Hey Yurek!

I have been in Munich so often but I was never really at the Oktoberfest :(
    I think someday you'll get the chance to go to the Oktoberfest. I mean, a weekend would be enough for me. But you have to book a room in a hotel in time, otherwise every hotel is fully booked.

6. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

Yeah. I've heard that almost every room in Munich is booked up during the Oktoberfest.
    I should book a room by now to get a room near the fairground.
    But I would also combine a visit on the Oktoberfest with a visit of a football game in the Arena. :D

I'm also a huge football fan so it's obvious to support my team during a game and then go partying. :D

I also think a weekend is totally enough for me. I never partied much though I had the chance. I'm just not a party animal. And I don't like the beer they're drinking down there. *eww*

7. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

hey a german thread, great!
    i'm german, but that's not all...
    i have also turkish and i would say schlesisch blood running through my veins ;)

hope to see more germans here! :D

8. FreakyLady

FreakyLady Pathologist

yay, that sounds great! I really hope that you'll get the chance to combine both :D

I wanna know from what part in Germany do you all come from? :)

9. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

*lol* At this point I ususally say I'm living near Dortmund, cause my hometown is so unknown. ^^

But I'll give it a try. I live in Arnsberg, which is 30 minutes away from Dortmund and 2 hours away from Venlo (Netherland). Venlo is right behind the border and we often shop there. It's so cool. :D

So..it's West Germany. But I still have some distand relatives along the Ostsee^^.

That's why we often spent our holidays there. But we also has been very often in the Netherlands for vacation. I think we've been there for almost twice a year. :D

10. cathwillows

yeah venlo is really cool. we often went there to get the netherland's french fries....hm delicious. but now we have them here too! :D

ok back to topic, i also live in west germany, NRW, in Essen. i think you could say it's about 20 minutes away from Düsseldorf maybe.
    but all of you should know Essen because it's become "Capital of Culture 2010" right?! ;)

11. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

I've been to Essen twice before. One time just shopping with my friend during summer holidays. We bought a 'Funkarte'. You can travel with that card through the whole holidays in NRW on train and bus. Really cool. We've been to many cities... though we didn't buy anything at all. :lol:

But the second time we went there with the music course. We've seen 'Elisabeth' in the Colosseum. It's been soo awesome!
    Sadly it's not shown in Essen anymore. I'd like to see it again.

But we're not living far away frome ach other I see. :D

12. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Hey!
    Great idea to start this thread!
    And funny to see who else comes from Germany!
    Jep, I'm German, too, with a tiny rest of Belgian blood.
    That doesn't mean that I can speak Flemish or even French :lol:

I'm from Münster, NRW - OK, to be exactly I'm from Telgte, but nobody knows this little town, and because it's only 20 minutes from Münster, I think Münster counts, too. :D

Hey Steffi, we could have used this thread some days earlier ;) (ahem, this sounds like completely wrong English, sorry... ;) )

13. cathwillows

yeah we definitely could've! :D

i wouldn't say that is wrong. sounds pretty good to me!
    and i have been to Münster before. i like it, beautiful countryside! It's kind of idyllic isn't it?! ;)

14. FreakyLady

FreakyLady Pathologist

Hey cinegirl you're from Telgte?? That's cool. I'm from Münster. I didn't know that there are people here in this forum who live near Münster. Great :D

And Yurek don't worry. I know Arnsberg. I've been there already twice, I think. :)

And of course cathwillows Essen is not unknown. Last time I was there was in November I think. But I don't remember why ;)

15. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

:lol: Ha, that's really pretty funny! And I know one more person from this board who also lives in Münster! It's a small world!

And I know Arnsberg by its name, but haven't been there yet.

And of course I know Essen! Though I haven't been there for ages! But I remember that I fell in love with the train station - I know: weird :p

(^^ and a very nice description: idyllic! :lol: But you're right, besides the city it's pretty, well, quiet... ;) )