Spetzli in Oktober(fest) <> German thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BurnedToast, Mar 12, 2007.

1. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

probably because it is so nice here! :p no just a joke. but i know cities worse than Essen... :rolleyes:
    at least we have nice weather here, well for now. but i'm afraid it will get rainy again soon :(

vera you fell in love with the train station? :eek: you're serious? was it the Essen Hbf?

2. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

:eek:

Usually people say:"What Arnsberg? What's that?" :rolleyes:

So it's cool to hear that some of you know my town. Why have you been here? Can you remember? Relatives? Or..vacation? :lol:

I've also been to Münster a few times. Some friends are studying there and my friend and I visited them. :)

Seems as if we're all living close together!
    That's so cool. :D

*watches Brokeback Mountaint now* See you later

3. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Enjoy that movie Yurek!

@Steffi: jep, no joke: I was 13-14 years old, and on the way to Düsseldorf we had a stopover in Essen - the main station. And I loved those small shops there and everything, don't know why...perhaps because Münster Hbf looks so ugly... :D

4. Chez

Chez CSI Level One

Hi there,
    another german here. I live in Kassel right in the middle of Germany. Well, not exactly in Kassel but in a suburb nobody ever heard of :D
    [​IMG]

5. FreakyLady

FreakyLady Pathologist

@ Yurek: The first time I was in Arnsberg was when I got my driving licence which was almost 2 years ago. You know, when you have it you're so excited and you want to drive around the whole time. And on a Saturday my dad and I we decided to drive around so that I get a feeling for "real" driving. And somehow I landed in Arnsberg. :)
    But I don't remember the reason for the second time.

@ cinegirl: I totally agree with you. The main station here isn't that nice. In fact it looks really bad. But according to some news, I heard that there is a project going on which shall improve the appearance of it.

6. cathwillows

i was wondering, how has everybody here weathered out the storm kyrill (i believe) ? you know? the storm from 18.01.07. it was pretty strong here. the strongest storm ever!
    just some pics to show you what was going on here :eek:
    trees across the path
    it was a chaos

@ vera: yeah the shops are ok, and if you only walk through that part of the main station it might seem pretty nice, but when go further....well not so pretty anymore :lol:

7. FreakyLady

FreakyLady Pathologist

Concerning the storm "Kyrill": I remember that day. Our last 2 lessons in school were cancelled because of the storm. That was cool.
    My dad picked me up from school and I went with him to his office. I sat there at the computer next to the window. And suddenly I heard a noise. Outside the garbage cans fell to the ground and the wind was pushing them to a tree. An hour later, I became hungry, so I decided to go to the supermarket which is 3 minutes away (if you walk). But it was so much rain and wind that I decided to take the car. So I drove to the supermarket and parked the car. When I wanted to open the door, so that I could get out, I could only open it with some force. Because the wind was blowing so hard.

On the next day, when I went to school I saw that a lot of trees were broken or had fallen down. The pics of cathwillows show very well how the surrounding looked like at school.

8. cathwillows

and believe it or not, the day of the big storm i was in the forrest with my mom and my dog. and a tree fell down just about 10 meters infront of us! :eek: we didn't think that it would be so dangerous so we just thought we'd go because the dog needed to get out, but when we saw that we turned around and went back home!

9. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

I also remember that storm. But I have to admit I expected more.
    It's been a thursday and I was preparing to leave the house for university. It's been almost 1pm. My dad has called me from work. He told my mum that all schools have been closed at 11 and if I really had to go to university. He wouldn't be happy if I had to. He pleased me to stay home. He said would feel securer. My mum wanted me to go! Oo
    As I'm a totally dad-kid I stayed at home. :D

But I'm really thankful he called me. Because at 5pm every runs had been delayed. And I wouldn't have known this because my course lasted til 6. So I would've had to stay in Bielefeld until the next day!

And because I couldn't go anywhere on that day I just lay on my couch and watched, I think, ten episodes of the CSI s2. And that evening was also shown a new episode of s6. That has been a CSI-day. But it really wasn't that stormy.

But when I was travelling to uni on the next monday ( I didn't have any courses on friday) there has been so many bald patches along the way. Some trees have had so huge roots. And they've been easily disrooted. :eek:

I'm still glad I didn't travel to university. :)

10. Miss_Undercover

Miss_Undercover Judge

Oh.... A german thread... :eek:

I haven't never this seen before... Ups... :eek:

I'm not 100% german because my grandparents came from German, Poland and Czechoslovakia.
    And my one great-grandmother was from Russia.

I live in in the wonderful cold Schleswig-Holstein at the Nord-Ostsee-Kanal.
    Native-born from Dormagen, near Cologne. All my affinity lives in there...

11. Stoky

Stoky CSI Level Two

:lol: that´s really nice here. Yes i´m german, i live close the coast i come from Bremen north Germany. And my parents comes from Schlesien :) grandma is italian and grandpa also from Schlesien.

12. cathwillows

so that's three different nationalities if i am correct :p
    pretty good mix Stoky ;) i also combine three nationalities, but unfortunately don't speak any of the languages, well except german of course :lol:
    i wished i did, but i only know pretty few words in turkish, i can say my name and ask how somebody is, but that's all.....
    where have all the germans gone? are we the only ones here? hope not, but ok it's late in germany and they are probably in bed already.

13. Stoky

Stoky CSI Level Two

:lol: hy cathwillows jepp, the most make bye-bye so the english sai, in german "heia" :lol: and of course i´m mixed person it´s ok i like this. The languages ohh sure, you see my english not sooo good, but i´ll doing my very best ;)

14. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

I was wondering when you, Stoky would answer this thread. :D
    So welcome. *hugs*

A friend of mine comes from Poland and she taught me how to say 'I love you' in polish...but I forgot. I never used it though. :lol:...uh..I think it popped again in my mind. *yay*

Well...erm..

What do you think about those Flatline-parties? *tries to keep the conversation going*^^ :D

15. cathwillows

i'm not quiet sure what you mean by flatline parties...
    sorry it seems as if i'm not the fastest when it comes to understanding :rolleyes: :lol: