Speed/Rory #13: 'Who Needs Substance D, When We Have Speed'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Speed/Rory #13: 'Who Needs Substance D When We Have Spe

i agree with you ThumpyG42 i am not a chick flick kinda girl either, i think he'd be awesome in a dark comedy. and as i've said before i'd like to see him in a deep drama, possibly one where he plays a daddy because that would just make my heart flutter.

Aw... Rory as a Daddy. That would be so... so... awwww.
I really want to see both ASD and RAYD. Glad to hear that RAYD might be out here in January. Gives me something to look forward to :D
I'm not a huge fan of chick flicks, (but most of my friends are, so I do tend to watch them) But really, I'd watch Rory in anything :devil:

i would too. i would watch rory as a teenage drag queen on screen for 2.5 seconds...again.
he should really consider doing a movie where he get to hold a baby cuz that would just be the cutest thing ever in the history of cute.
pretty lashes
my grandfather sends his regards

Rory is such a versatile actor; he'd succeed in anything. He has this incredible passion that emanates whilst on screen. But I'd give my year's pay to see him in a film holding a baby. That would be wicked cute.

On another note, thanks for those pictures Ashley! I can't get over how incredible his eyes are.

"Is that the sacred part you were talking about there Vivian?" Hee. :D

*GASP* How can your sister not watch Love and A .45? I made seven people watch it at my birthday last year, and they were laughing their asses off at Rory's scenes. (And there were a lot. ;)) I actually love that movie because it's the most diverse role that Rory has taken on, and he did such a great job with it. (I love his attempt at a southern accent. :devil: ...Sorry I have a thing for southern accents...Well and Irish ones but that's for another time) And plus Gil Bellows is in the movie and I love him. But that's because he's Canadian. :p

Anyway, back to Rory.

Thanks for those pics Ashley! I'm still trying to convince my friends to watch Hart's War. But since they're all immature and into chick flicks, I'll just have to hope Rory does one. :lol: And I'm not even into chick flicks, which um...Was discussed before a page back, but I didn't put my two cents in. Here they are. *drops coins into jar*

speed_cochrane said:
(I love his attempt at a southern accent. ...Sorry I have a thing for southern accents...Well and Irish ones but that's for another time)

Aww...I didn't realize Rory used a Southern accent for that movie. Sadly, that's one I haven't yet been able to see. Now being Southern myself, I'm a bit picky when it comes to actors using Southern accents, so I have to ask, how does he do? I can't imagine him not doing a perfectly fine job of it, but I have to ask, lol.

haha i know! i think its one of my faves hes done. and i too love gil bellows. hes so nifty. i made my friend scilla watch harts war the other day, and she finallyadmitted that she likes rory, but only in that movie. shes cracking, she'll be loving rory soon. i know she will.
aww timmy so sad :(

^^ Well, firstly being a Canadian I don't have much experience in the sound of southern accents, only from a few people I've met and from people I've seen on TV.

However, I think Rory did a pretty good job with it. There were some points in the movie where he completely lost the accent, but that was only when he was yelling. :lol: There were also parts where he couldn't quite get it down as he was speaking and it sounded a little lame and over the top. - again that was just some parts of the movie.

That being said, if I hadn't known Rory had a New York accent, I'd say he was from the south. So out of 10, I'd give him 7. :) I mean, it's not like the movie had a huge budjet as to hire a speech coach, so I thought he did well considering the circumstance.

ETA: Gah! Ashley, you brought over the awesome picture of Speed and his suit! :D Thankies.

lol...thanks for the review, Geni. ;) I'd imagine it'd be hard to keep up any accent while yelling. 7 out of 10, that's pretty good, I'd say. *thumbs up*

:lol: Y'all don't want to here me attempt any accent other than my own...it's awful, they all sound the same.

Anyway...hopefully, I'll be able to see the movie soon and I can tell y'all what I think. It's on my list of movies to buy...I'll see it eventually.

You know, I like to think Rory has a little bit of southern blood in him. Of course to hear the accent come out, you'd have to get him good and drunk. :lol: :devil: *sigh* Sorry I love southern accents. You Americans are lucky.

Jenn, you MUST see that movie! And then you must tell me if the Canadian actor did a good job of the southern accent as well. ;) Gah, I just love that movie.

Allow me to quote one line from the movie without spoiling it.

Billy Mack: I got my prints all over that damn safe!

See? He was always destined to be a CSI. :p Btw, calleighspeedle, thanks for the wonderful pictures!

Gee, with that line about the figerprints, and then in Dazed and Confused, when he's talking about how that kid died, he really was destined to become a CSI :lol: It totally means that he's coming back :D

:lol: i never paid attention to those. good observations ladies.
now if only he did come back *sigh* that would be greatness. even if it was just for a minute. i'd kill to see him in a scene with jake(johnny whitworth) but thats only cuz i want an empire records reunion :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back