Speed/Rory #13: 'Who Needs Substance D, When We Have Speed'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Speed/Rory #8: 'Who Needs Substance D When We Have Spe

:eek: Boy you guys sure work fast in here huh? I came home to like ten posts!

fo_poozle said
yeah, they were going in order but then they stopped mid-season 4, and started up with season 1 again.

It's because they lost all their ratings when they showed season four. :devil:

And besides that, I wouldn't mind if they showed Lost Son a few times on A&E because God knows they've done it at least ten times and everytime I don't make it to the jewelery store before turning it off, or I see the opening credits, get angry, and leave the room. *le sigh* And yet Rory still did a fantastic job with what little he was given. It seems like they wrote Lost Son in ten minutes and then said "Go for it." Ladies and gents (Well, mostly ladies) I could commentate on this episode for years and still not be finished. But since I won't get started, and this isn't a rant thread, I'll just leave it here for now. ;)

calleighspeedle, thanks for the pics! They're always so lovely. :D Ashley thanks for your pics as well. I always loved that shirt he wore in Wannabe, and I mostly loved that suit. :devil: Normally I don't like seeing people in suits, but there is no doubt in my mind that he can definitely pull it off.

Aphina said
Lines stick in my head alot more than most things. Dialogue is what makes charachters so expressiove I found.

Very true! I love the way actors say the lines as well. It brings so much more depth and well, character into a character. The way Speed says things (I'd say Rory but I'm going into some characterization for the moment) just sticks in my mind. He's kind of got that 'I don't take crap from anyone' kind of tone all the time. He says most things very seriously, but it's hilarious. One prime example of that would be:

Cookie: Rufus! Rufus!
Speed: Hey miss, are we after the same thing?
Cookie: Not today alright, just not today.
Speed: No it's Ashley's dog right?

:lol: I don't know how Rory said that without laughing his ass off. (And plus, he said ASHLEY. ;))

its so sad, i'm a little embarassed to say it makes me cry every time i watch it.

It doesn't matter how many times I prepare myself; everytime I watch...that episode I still cry, most especially in the autopsy scene with the music in the background.

like i've said before togo is great, but hes no rory. i miss the wiity humor he had too, its brought a fresh perspective to the show.

I agree 110%.

It's like happy hour in here with pictures instead of drinks, and hey I'm down with that. Rory is intoxicating all by himself. :devil: That said, thanks for sharing pictures calleighspeedle and fo_poozle.

The autopsy scene does move me. It makes me tear up.

speed_cochrane said:

Cookie: Rufus! Rufus!
Speed: Hey miss, are we after the same thing?
Cookie: Not today alright, just not today.
Speed: No it's Ashley's dog right?

:lol: I don't know how Rory said that without laughing his ass off. (And plus, he said ASHLEY. ;))

ha yeah, i alwasy get all giddy at that part cuz i'm a nerd like that. but i love that scene it was great.

at first i completely disliked togo just out of principle, but then i actually started watching teh show again and i can't hate on a man who can rock a sweatervest. but yeah this isn't the ryan thread. so moving on. i'm watching prime gig right now. but rory's scenes are over for now, how i wish he could have been in it more.
i don't have a witty comment for this

In RL though wouldn't the autopsy and subsequent investigation/rest of the case be handed off to someone else to avoid CoI? Special Victims Unit would it be? Or IAB? *has no idea who handles cop deaths in RL*

Well, besides the fact that it's CSI:Miami and everything is rarely handled like in real life, I'm not too sure. :lol:

I'm assuming the case would be handled by Internal Affairs - Which it was. - Stetler was in charge of the case. You'd think, to avoid a conflict of interest, someone other than the 'Miami Team' would investigate the case. But other than that, I'd have to do some research and get back to you. That is unless someone else can shed some light on it. ;)

True...all the CSIs aren't like RL. NY did the same thing handling Aiden's death. I do kinda suspend disbelief watching but just get curious about the RL stuff too lol.

Aphina said:
I know I nearly burst into tears watching "Lost Son" I held back due to the fact my brothers would of laughted. I do miss his sarastic humour.
Oh I know exactly how you feel. Except I was in my room alone watching it. I knew nothing about his character seeing as it was the first time I actually watched the show and then I hear Horato's last "Speed" and I cry like a baby. My friend called me up and she was like "Speed died!" And I said "WHo?" and she goes "The guy that just died Katie!" and I was like 'I KNOW!" It was so sad. And what I don't get is I'll watch the episode a billion times and I wont cry and then I'll go and put it in again and I'll ball my eyes out. But one scene that always makes me cry no matter what is the funeral scene. The part were his mom gets handed a flag just gets me everytime.

I can't really say what my favorite dress shirt color is on him. But thanks to Geni, I have been fond of the Black dress shirts. But I also like the Burgandy one in Dead Zone and the blue one he wore in the beginning of the eppy.

*sighs* Oh who cares that man looks good in anything!

speedmonkey2 said
*sighs* Oh who cares that man looks good in anything!

badshirt.jpg

Except that. :p

I really don't understand what the wardrobe person was thinking in that episode, because whoever put him in that should be fired. :lol:

Well... that shirt is... interesting, anyway :lol: But yes, the man looks good in anything.
I agree with Speedmonkey about the funeral. Right when the flag is handed over, that's what does it. And the autopsy scene too. Poor Alexx.

Lovely wallpaper calleighspeedle. I always love it when you post some artwork. :)

Plus, Speed in a suit? When does that EVER happen? :lol: (Well, besides Wannabe) Doesn't he just look so sharp? Hee.

Very nice, calleighspeedle. And yes, Speed in a suit is... uncommon... and very pretty :devil:

great wallpaper, i don't think i've ever seen that pic before. he looks great in a suit.

Ah long live the suits. I actually just prefer him in a dress shirt and a pair of jeans but eh the suit works to!

And yes, Geni you are right. Except that. It just doesn't really match his...personality. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back