Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I feel the same way about LF. I think he will bring something truly unique to the show. Something refreshing.

And yeah Mandy is in this one. I hope we get to see her say good bye to Grissom.

2. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

YES! LF is comin'! Merry X-Mas to muah. He is a truly wonderful actor with awesome skills. I think CSI is lucky to have him. I just hope screen time is still relatively fair. I just think he's great.

3. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

An exclusive look at Gil Grissom's final 'CSI' case

Time is running out for Gil Grissom. Below is an exclusive Tribune clip from the Dec. 11 episode of "CSI," which marks the beginning of the end of Grissom's tenure in the Las Vegas crime-scene investigation unit.
    To set up the clip from “19 Down...,” I’ll have to talk a bit about what happens in the episode. Stop reading (and watching) here if you don’t want to know a few general things about the episode’s plot.
    In the episode, Grissom (William Petersen) sits in on the class of Dr. Raymond Langston (Laurence Fishburne). In his class, Langston is interviewing a serial killer, Nathan Haskell (Bill Irwin), the so-called "Dick and Jane Killer," who killed several couples before getting caught. Haskell is none to pleased by Grissom's questions during the Q&A part of the class:

By the way, before he heads to Langston’s class, a weary Grissom tells his team that he’s going to leave the CSI unit, and they have varied reactions to his announcement, to say the least.
    The Dec. 11 episode is the start of a two-parter; “CSI” returns Jan. 15 with the conclusion of the unusually intricate "Dick and Jane" case. According to a CBS press release, Grissom offers Langston, who has been assisting with the case, a permanent position on the CSI team in the Jan. 15 episode.
    In that episode of the CBS drama, “One to Go,” Grissom will leave the team for good (though Petersen hasn’t necessarily ruled out returning to “CSI” on occasion in the future).
    I’ll have much more to say about “19 Down...,” which was written by executive producers Naren Shankar and Carol Mendelsohn, in a full review that will appear next week.
    Suffice to say that it’s a darkly fascinating outing, one that explores the twisted mind of Haskell, who is played with chilling precision by Bill Irwin. In this episode, which, to me, partly evoked “Silence of the Lambs,” there’s quite a bit of skilled interplay among Petersen, Fishburne, Irwin and Paul Guilfoyle, who plays investigator Jim Brass.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2008/12/csi-grissom.html

4. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

This episode is sounding better and better...

5. Misscrankypants

Misscrankypants Hit and Run

WOOOHOOO!!!!
    (Does happy dance and scares roomates.)

Greg is finally promoted:luvlove::luvlove::luvlove::beer:
    Also it looks like TPTB still aren't letting GE show any actual emotion untill WP is gone:scream:
    But still happy for Greg and Cathrine too, because really the woman has beening asking for a promotion since ep1:thumbsup:

6. Fighter

Fighter Lab Technician

definitely great news for Greg, he deserved the promotion :D and of course I'm very happy for Catherine :D

I really liked that scene, it's sad but well done, just like I imagined Grissom will be announcing he's leaving. Actually, I think it would be strange if Nick or anyone else burst out crying at that moment (I'm not talking about SuperDave now ;)), I think they're still in shock anyway, but I do hope we'll see more reactions later, maybe in some private talk

7. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Well I was glad to see Greg get promoted! This ep looks like it will be both sad and exciting at the same time.

8. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

It's nice to see that Greg was promoted, but a CSI Level 3? What happened to CSI Level 2?

Good to see Catherine as a supervisor, but no surprise there.

This is what's going to make me mad, I'll bet that Grissom will say good-bye to everyone and probably tell them how he feels, except Nick.

He's been there for Warrick, Greg, Catherine and Sara, but never for Nick.

Grissom can tell all of them how he feels about them and shows he cares, but he seems to not be able to do that with Nick. So me hoping that maybe, just once, he'll throw Nick a bone, will probably be squashed. :(

We heard him say that Nick never disappointed him, was worried when Nick was buried alive, to just turn around and tell him "it's over" in "Daddy's Little Girl". Yeah, he was buried alive, but now that everyone involved, except him, is dead that Nick should just forget about it.

In any case, I will cling to a very small shred of hope that Grissom will FINALLY give Nick the praise he deserves and/or tell him how he feels about Nick. I mean if he can tell Warrick he's 'the rock' of the team, then he can tell Nick that Nick never disappointed him.

Ok, rant over.

Oh, I am looking forward to LF joining the team, even though I know that will probably just push Nick and others more into the background. :rolleyes:

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Agreed, agreed, agreed, Speedy!

Here's a little reference to just that from an Entertainment Weekly article:

Many of the regulars get their own scenes with Grissom as he tells of his departure. The most realistic belongs to Paul Guilfoyle's jaded cop Jim Brass. Brass mouths clichés about how they'll have to get together more, go boating, yada yada. They stare at each other. They know they won't.

The entire article can be found here.

10. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well that made me get a bit teary eyed already just that one promo of him saying he was leaving.

Glad that Catherine will be in charge. She deserves it after all these years.

Greg being promoted...woohoo! Maybe he made level 2 a while back and they just never mentioned it to us. That is my guess.

Really looking forward to this episode.

11. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Thanks for posting that Smokey! However, it says 'many', I'm not going to hold my breath that Nick is involved with that. If it is, Grissom will probably just say 'bye' to Nick and that will be it. It would go with the bad treatment Grissom has given Nick over the years.

Now, if by some small miracle Grissom does tell Nick how he feels, I think Nick should just stop him, tell Grissom 'too little, too late' or have it out with Grissom and then say 'bye', wish him luck and walk away, never looking back. Maybe then, just maybe, Grissom will feel a little like Nick felt over the years.

12. Smokey

Yeah, that's what I meant by posting it...that it says "many" and Nick probably isn't one of them! :lol: Of course, would I hope that the main characters that Grissom works with make up the "many".

13. Misscrankypants

Misscrankypants Hit and Run

I too have disgusted and beyond p:censored: by the way grissom treated Nick
    in my dreams:
    Grissom: You never disappointed me Nick.

(Nick gives icy interagation stare): Wish Ah' could say the same. (leaves)

:) this would make me oh-so happy, though ya'll are probably right and Nick will be at confrence in Detroit.

14. ashlmorr3

ashlmorr3 Witness

I don't know if any of y'all seen, but on CBS.com they posted an a new extended scene from "19 Down," that was mentioned in that article.

Team Scene

15. Smokey

Interesting how the scene is reminiscent of the early days where they would often show Grissom handing out assignments. It almost makes it sadder tho, to remember how things used to be. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.