Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah I'm not holding my breath on any Nick/Grissom scenes. Grissom treated Nick like a moron for several seasons and then hid the Gordon tape from Nick and never, ever said sorry over it.

Nick stopped giving a damn about what Grissom thought of him years ago. In the 3rd episode of the season when Grissom casually mentioned it could have been him in the dumpster, Nick just gave him a 'whatever' answer.

If the writers even try and write an emotional scene with Nick, I'll literally gag because TPTB obvioulsy thought writing Nick as an idiot to Grissom's intelligence was very funny when it wasn't.

So no, I'm not holding my breathe. It's one of the reasons (besides GSR) Grissom lost my respect. He played favourites with Warrick and Sara.

Which is why it's so ironic that Grissom's two favourites fell like soldiers. Sara bailed and Warrick got himself addicted to drugs and demoted before he was sadly murdered.

My how the tables have turned. The last one standing is the black sheep of the family. The bxxtard step child as Quentin Taratino once referred to Nick.

If there is a scene, I'll be sure to have a cushion so I don't fall, or I'll try not to blink because I'm sure it will be quick.

This is just my HO. I do like Grissom and think he's a great character, but I don't like how the writers wrote the relationship between Grissom and Nick. There was a great potential there they never took upon and I think it did a disservive to both great characters.

2. Misscrankypants

Misscrankypants Hit and Run

When and where did he say this? I'd really like to what else he said, because that seems like a pretty good discription of the first five seasons.

Sorry if this is off topic, does this site have a private messages thingy I can't find?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  3. ashlmorr3

ashlmorr3 Witness

I'm with you on that one. I would hope for Gil to give Nick is due respect, but I'm not holding my breathe either. I think it really is crappy the writers made Nick and Girssom have this disfunctional relationship, compared to the other characters. Grissom even treated Greg better than Nick, and in the beginning seasons it didn't even seem like Grissom liked Greg.

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

It was in the inteviews done around the time Grave Danger premiered.

So nobody hold their breath. I'll just blow up and that won't be pretty!:devil:

5. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

Yeah, the Nick/grissom relationship had so much promise. I do like Greg/Grissom relationship...kind of the student/teacher relationship.

Warrick was like Grissom's favorite chiild, the oldest; Greg is Grissom's youngest, and Nick is kind of like the red headed stepchild.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't think Grissom played favorites all of the time. After all, he did choose Nick over Sara to get that promotion to lead CSI that time... which ticked Sara off. When she asked why Grissom said it was because Nick didn't care if he got it or not whereas Sara wanted it too much. It was almost like a comparisson of a parent not giving a child everything they want. He could have chosen Sara cause of his feelings for her, but he didn't. I think that Grissom pushed Nick harder because he saw more potential in Nick than the others. He stayed closer to Warrick and Sara because he felt they needed his guidance more because they couldn't keep themselves out of trouble (especially Warrick). But, on the other hand, Grissom shouldn't have kept bailing W & S out of trouble. However, Grissom still should have taken the time to tell Nick that he was doing a great job and that he was proud of him, or something to that effect (and I really hope he does that before he leaves CSI). I do think though that not telling him about the tape was Grissom's way of trying to protect Nick. He didn't want Nick to have to relive the horror of being buried alive and eaten on by those ants. We saw that when Nick found the tape, he did have flashbacks of being in that glass coffin. I think Grissom was trying to protect him from that. But, he should have explained that to Nick the minute he knew that Nick had heard the tape instead of not saying much of anything at all. I don't blame Grissom for that though, I blame the writers. :lol: The writers definitely dropped the ball on that one.

The scene where Grissom is telling the team he's leaving kind of felt like a father telling his children that he and their mother are splitting up. It was bittersweet, but weird all at the same time. :lol: Loved Greg's comment to Riley "I promise I won't abuse my power over you." :guffaw: And then Nick saying they should all go to the diner and that its on "Level 3 over here" nodding to Greg and Greg's little "pshh" expression was just adorable. :lol:

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

The discussion thread for (#909) "19 Down..." is now up all discussion for this ep should be taken/done in that thread, as this is for future episodes. :) Thank you.

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

9.15 - Kill Me If You Can

A faceless corpse is found, and the episode deals with a con man.

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Supposed to be a play on "Cath Me If You Can"?

10. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Thats what I was thinking too.

I wonder if faceless is literal or does it have a hidden meaning?

11. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I think you have to have 50 posts to PM and you only have 19.

12. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Close its [From the "Help Guide"] "To use PM's (Private Message's) you much be here Two (2) weeks and have Fifty (50) posts."

Here is a good way to find out when that time has come, click on your nick you will see public profile, then you should see "Send Private Message to [you name here].

13. Misscrankypants

Misscrankypants Hit and Run

Thanks destiny.

Snow Angel
    Atleast they'r having breakfast together agian.:lol: I missed that.

14. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

^ Yeh, i like the sound of them having breakfast together again. I missed that too.

Kill me if you can, faceless corpse- sounds gory!

15. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

I dunno if this consitutes as a spoiler but just a little something from TVGuide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.