Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

If the Warrick clip makes it into an epi (and I think that's a big if, given that it's out there already), I think it will be used simply as a way to communicate Warrick's feelings about Grissom - and maybe make Warrick's death even more of a loss for Grissom. I would be shocked if any kind of story line about the baby or his paternity followed. I just don't see it at all.

Ali

2. ilovegrissom

ilovegrissom Hit and Run

I think this is going to air. I wish it wouldn't, i love Warrick but this whole drama about having a kid no one seems to know about is a little too much for me. You would think he would have told Nick or Grissom or anyone. I would think he would call in favors from all his friends in the legal system, if only for advice on how to go about with the custody case. The idea that he has a kid out of nowhere is crazy to me. And yea, he did have that phone call with Tina but he was positive it wasn't his. At the time it seemed like he didn't want communication with Tina. And now it seems like she just ran off with his baby. :confused: I'm not liking it right now, i just hope the writers can actually make this storyline work. I guess it's good that the entertainment reporters are saying that the premiere is really good and emotional. It gives me hope that this story will play out well. Warrick and Gary deserves that much.

3. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

The date on the Warrick clip... doesn't it say September 2008?

That would make it RIGHT before he died. If this is going to be real time he dies the day before his birthday in October. So this would be within weeks of that.

Wow. This is gonna be tough.

And, consequently... I wrote a fanfic a while back about something similar. Only, Catherine got the baby.

4. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

With the leaking, strategically placing, or whatnot of this video, I feel we're all a little topsy turvy trying to fit it into the timeline. I'm one of those who is fairly sure we're losing Warrick in the opener. Don't quote me on being 100%, but the heart-breaking sound in Nick's voice when he says "Let's finish this for him" sounds like the rally cry of a man suffering from the loss of a best friend who can no longer finish his quest himself.

In the season 8 finale, they really showed what a personal mission this has been for Warrick, and his talk with McKean only showed just how much fight he had left in him. Accuse him of murder? Demote him? He can take all that so long as he achieves his goal in taking down those who are doing wrong. It's such a beautiful 180 from where he started in season 1, aiding a corrupt judge in placing bets... Now, he's on the warpath, on the mission to help the world a bit, and he's struck down in cold blood.

What a beautiful mission he's passed on to the rest of the team. I've heard that they solve Warrick's death in the first episode, and that sorta breaks my heart a little, because I'd love for it to become HIS mission.

Also, while no one on the team may adopt Warrick's child, should it be his biological child, I can understand them wanting to be a part of the child's life, should Tina allow it. If you recall, back in Season 1, everyone on the team was trying to buy a gift for Lindsey's birthday. They are all a part of one another's lives, and if they want to be there for Warrick's little one, THAT I could really see being possible and plausible.

Another thing: I won't be around here much in the future. Feel free to PM me for details, but I didn't want to disappear without warning.

5. ilovegrissom

ilovegrissom Hit and Run

Question: wouldn't the court demand a DNA test before Warrick filed for custody?

6. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I would think so, for logic's sake. Key word, logic. But, who knows. They might just give the baby to Grissom as a going away present.:guffaw:Stranger things have happened. But I digress.

I'm not so sure they would put that in the episode. Well, at least not the premiere. Possibly a few episodes into the season. Maybe...:confused:

7. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I read somewhere (can't recall where) that we are supposed to learn more about Warrick in future episodes. Don't have any details though. He may be dead but he's not gone...yet

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  8. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

Yeah, I think the release of this video of Warrick was meant for a much simpler purpose.

If this clip is not aired, I believe it is suppose to prepare us for an emotional Grissom, since the two were so close and have been through a lot together.

If this clip is aired, I could see the video coming into Grissom's hands from whoever will be going through Warrick's personal effects. Grissom watching the video could greatly affect him emotionally and start the breakdown that I'm guessing will lead him to leaving in episode 10.

Now, I don't think Grissom's breakdown will be completely because of Warrick, but also because of Natalie returning, and maybe even Lady Heather or Sara.

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I think the catalyst to Grissom's departure will start with Warrick supposedly dying in Grissom's arms. That's gonna be very, very hard on him.

10. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

Re: Warrick seeing Tina, the new boyfriend/husband and the baby together

If the boyfriend/husband is white and the baby is relatively dark-skinned, that would be enough to make Warrick suspicious that the baby is his son. Also, one realistic way for Grissom to become involved with the baby is if Warrick made a will leaving everything he owns in trust to his son and naming Grissom trustee of the estate.

Re: Grissom's departure

I'm hoping that the last straw for Grissom will be somone -- probably Catherine -- telling him "Don't be so hard on Nick. You know he's having a hard time getting over Rick's death," with Grissom repressing the urge to shout "What about me? I found Rick! He died in my arms!"

11. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

In regards to the new boyfriend, I've always assumed it was her old flame from the hospital where she worked. Several conversations between Warrick and Tina make mention of the fact that she and the doctor were still very close even after Tina married Warrick. Far closer than Warrick was comfortable with. We've seen him and he's African American as well.

As for Grissom finding the tape, the idea does have some merit. Warrick had no family. That being the case, it would make sense that a close friend, Grissom or Nick, would be listed as executor of his estate in his will. It would fall to them to clean out his apartment, handle the burial arrangements, etc.

12. CCA

CCA Police Officer

I agree totally. Death alone is a shocker for most of us, but to have that person that you know die in your arms, and there nothing you can do. Bound to make anybody question their life, or their meaning.

Maybe Grissom will go back to doing what he does best, teaching...that or poking at bugs...I give up hahah I just want it to be Oct already!

13. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

Looks like episode 9.10 is now titled "One to Go." Casting call is out for several characters to play serial killer victims and significant people in their lives, as well as the serial killer's wife. For some reason, the character backgrounds make me think of Silence of the Lambs. This looks really dark. (I know, I know ... like they're gonna do a lighthearted serial killer episode. ;))

If the title for epi 9.9 stays the same, the two-epi arc that wraps up WPs time as a series regular is titled "19 down (9.9), 1 to go (9.10)" I wonder what 19 down, 1 to go is a reference to? Number of victims for the serial killer or something else? The number of serial killers Grissom has tracked, perhaps?

So they're spinning LF's character as one with special insights/instincts with regard to serials ... is that right? That should make for some interesting moments with Grissom on this one.

It's really interesting to me how much the spoilers have changed from when part 1 of this thread started. At that point, we were expecting the investigation into Warrick's death to span 10 epis ... now it's *supposedly* resolved in the first and epis 9 and 10 look totally different. Makes me wonder if the original spoilers were never accurate or if the storyline for WPs final epis has just changed that much over the course of the past few months.

Ali

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

They were probably wrong as far as I can see.

Still maybe there's a connection there between these guys and the mobsters, but it will be interesting to see.

I'm quite excited about Lawrence Fishbourne coming on board and seeing what he could bring to the show.

15. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

Me too. I like the fact that his character is not coming in as a true replacement for Grissom, ie heading up the night shift in a supervisory capacity. That would be stretching the bounds of credibility just a tad too for for my taste. But rather, he's coming in as a CSI Level I, with a previous career in pathology. Thank goodness he wasn't another entomologist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.