Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I wouldn't put it past Grissom (and the writers) to leave without saying goodbye. He once told Warrick: "When I leave CSI there be no cake in the breakroom, I'll just be gone." I hope that doesn't happen, it would be a replay of Sara's exit.

2. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

On the other hand I really can't imagine Grissom "hugging" everyone before he leaves. It's just so not him.
    Maybe he tells Cath that he's leaving and the rest of the team gets a letter explaining his actions? Yeah, I could see that, Nick (I kind of think it has to be Nick) would read the letter to his collegues, his voice would shift to Grissom's and then the episode would be over.

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

^Unfortuantely, as George Eads himself said in an intervie, "We're not big on goodbyes here.."

And as for the counselling scenes..my guess is that the writers will probably cut those scenes because personal drama is 'just not what they do.."

I think the Riley/Nick scene will be in the fourth episode ...was the poster referring to the one where they get knocked off their feet by a crime suspent...

Gees.I hope that's not a shipper scene...I've had had enough shipperness to last me a life time on that one..if Nick is with anyone-it should be with Mandy..but that's only in my fan fic word...

I think it would be cool if Alex Kingston came on as the Grief Counsellor and had a romance with Nick..she's so beautiful and so talented...it would be really neat..I don't know why anyone would object to that..

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Grissom's exit...judging from Nick's reaction in "Leaving Las Vegas" when he thought Grissom was leaving for good...wasn't that big of a deal, really. I agree it would be out of character for there to be any big goodbye scenes. Like Grissom himself, it would just be matter of fact. Unemotional.

I would like for it to NOT be Warrick's baby in order to avoid any issues in the future with it. Let's get a clean break here for once. If he's dead, I think they should just move on.

5. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I agree with everything that was previously said. If he's gonna go, then they should have a clean break, no strings attached. Would Grissom really line everyone up and hug them goodbye as he leaves the lab one more time? Doubt it.

And for the sanity of CSI fans everywhere, I hope they play the logic card when it comes to Warrick's baby. No soap like drama por favor.

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

In most instances (or states for that matter) if Warrick would be declared unfit to have full custody of the child, then the custody would go to the mother, if the mother is also found unfit, then the child would go to the parents biological relative. Usually the only time it would go outside of that is if a biological relative can not be found, they are unfit (depending on how many there are), the level of unfitness of that parent or biological relative and also if they didn't have any living relatives. At this point if none can be found, are to unfit, or do not want the child, the state/county would have the right to allow the child to go to a none biological person. But in this case it would be alot in the process, and with Grissom on here for what 10 eps, I don't see that process really happening.

7. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Well, what I'm thinking about that video that Warrick made is this...

Possibly, he left it for Grissom.... Warrick could have made that tape knowing he saw Tina and her husband/boyfriend and made the tape before he got shot. :confused: It's just a theory. It did say SEPTEMBER 2008 and that is before the premiere airs. I know that he was shot in the finale, but they have the scene where Warrick gets shot and either Nick or Grissom finds him taking place over the course of the same night.

SOOOOOOOOOO, my thought is that Warrick could have made that tape earlier in the day, week, month, etc... and Grissom or someone else finds it and what Warrick's intentions of gaining custody of his child ( or the child he thinks is his)

And, since this is taking place during the episode Art Imitates Life ( am I right about that?) Detective Vartann's role will be bigger than I thought. :hugegrin:

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Good theory hhunter maybe, and all this is subject to conjecture, and beings Grissom is leaving after ep. 10 and probably Sara with him, and Tina in a new relationship, she doesn't want to be tied down to a kid she had with Warrick will give custody to Grissom and Sara. They both have shown in many eps. how much they love children and would be great parents, and beings Warrick does mention him, and how much he honors him, in that video, and if played before a judge, that might be a strong reason to grant him the parental rights, he he wanted that! as in all theories, this is just another one. Or maybe Nick would adopt it, it's all up to Tina isn't it, unless her parents would want the child!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  9. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

This will probably offend all GSR fans, but I can’t let the hypocritical Shankar, Mendelsohn, Peterson, Fox story about Sara’s departure pass without comment.

If they “car(ed) so much about Sara Sidle and the character she created” (Huh? Didn’t Jorja or TPTB create the character; Sara was the creation), they wouldn’t have taken the wonderful creation and turned her into nothing more than Grissom’s sidekick/”straight man” once GSR was made public. And I do agree, they did one good thing: her departure was graceful and well done, with a return of the old, independent Sara that I loved throughout the first three or so seasons. If the departure was so special to them, why the heck are they bringing her back if it is only to re-start this whole GSR thing again? I will wait and see what their plans are for the upcoming epis, but if it turns into another GSR lovefest, then they will have undone the cool departure they so “carefully planned.”

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

In reference to this theory about Grissom and Sara adopting Warrick's baby...

OH for crying out loud...this is not the Sara/Grissom shipper thread and this is about spoilers..not about Grissom and Sara adopting Warrick's baby..

Nobody knows why this clip got out, somehow it did and nobody knows what is going to transpire, but I highly doubt it will be a Grissom and Sara run off with Tina's baby when we dont' even know she would want to give up her baby in the first place.

Most mothers are not going to give up their child that easily just because they want to start a new relationship with someone.

All Warrick said was that Grissom had been a mentor to him that's all...that does not translate into.."I want Grissom to raise my kid." at the most, he'd ask Grissom to be the godfather..

But that's just a theory and I really can't see CSI going there...not when Naren Shankar touts the 'This is a crime show' mantra.

And I agree with Rahkira, Mendohlson and Shankar have been quite hypocritical over the years telling us in one sentence that the show is not about personal relationships and then devling full throttle into GSR..

Now for the spoilers..

11. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I agree, I don't see Grissom or Sara adopting Warricks child. :rolleyes:

My theory is that Grissom finds the tape Warrick made and how Warrick mentioned Grissom as being his mentor and friend.

Another possibility as to Grissom's decision to leave. He can't be in a job where his friend and the person that considered him a mentor gets shot and killed. ( or presumably killed)

12. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

If they let Grissom and Sara adopt Warrick's child...the show will have officially Jumped the Shark with me.

13. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

If Grissom is having a break down in 10 episode, I don't think Grissom will adopt Warrick's child...yet. I know Warrick don't have any family in Vegas. I have to agree with Destiny, if Tina don't want the child, she will give her family to raise the baby. We will have to wait and see if the writer's will go that route, but I don't think so.

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

They've always said the "door was open to her returning", and she's coming back "For Warrick" and her team mates, and to comfort Grissom, and she's much more than a "sidekick" she's his finacee, and this is *spoiler* news being the character Sara is also retuning in S/9, that's just a fact, and good news for all her fans, even under such tragic circumstances, also I felt in the first 3 eps. she was rather a lost soul, hiding their relationship, and her life had no real meaning till.... and the adopting issue was just another point of view amonst others, and not meant to alarm or antagonize other fans! also when this ep. airs and they're apart of this ep.[per video] and their fans will add comments about this, it'll be totally appropriate at that time!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  15. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I think this is a moot point. If Tina didn't want the baby, why would Warrick have to sue to gain custody or even visitation rights? She would just let him have the child. Obviously, she wants to keep him and there won't be any adoption.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.