Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Feast Your Eyes...'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think given the history of this show and the pattern they tend to follow with certain characters you are right to be pessimistic. Every season they give Togo one good episode or story to work with and then things go right back to the way they were....so while you say you are hard to please, I say, you are being realistic :lol:

The storylines for him aren't really that good though in terms of ... well, he's always in trouble in some way or another. Just once I want him to be given a storyline where he's the hero and in a way that no one can dispute (unlike WISC where he had to do the wrong thing for the right reasons- to save an innocent little boy). I think they should have a scene where Ryan's questioning a witness and there's a pool nearby and some kids playing. One kid falls into the pool, the woman screams "my baby!" Ryan jumps into the pool, pulling the kid out. And the mother thanks him profusely. :)

Sad part is these writers think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread!!! :lol:

Personally, I prefer loaf bread because it's generally thicker and doesn't fall apart if I put a little bit of mayo on it. :lol: :p :D Seriously, in that respect, they are like sliced bread because of all the plot holes/continuity issues. :lol:

I too am happy to hear Ryan is getting a stronger role in episode 6, but at the same time, that doesn't mean he's getting development. You know me, I'm hard to please. :lol:

I think given the history of this show and the pattern they tend to follow with certain characters you are right to be pessimistic. Every season they give Togo one good episode or story to work with and then things go right back to the way they were....so while you say you are hard to please, I say, you are being realistic :lol:

Sad part is these writers think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread!!! :lol:
It would be great if the writers didn't repeat the same history season after season as far as Ryan's character. He does get about one really good story a season.It's good in the fact that JT may get to show various ranges of emotion(which he is great at) but the character always comes out of it not looking the greatest. There is always a lot of discussion,disagreement and sometimes outrage over the episode(which maybe what is wanted by TBTB and writers) but there is no reason why Ryan can't do something great and still be a cause for discussion. The Ryan in trouble,can he be trusted,blah blah is really old.

Okay a little OT but if some spoilers said Sgt Rick Stetler is referred to as Lt. now that's cool and all but after how many years as LT. Horatio Caine when does he make CAPTAIN??? I mean he's been there for years now and he runs the show pretty much in the CSI dept. and I would think that Miami-Dade PD would be a large place and he'd make Captain by now...just curious...

WHILE CALLEIGH'S TESTIMONY AGAINST DELKO THREATENS HIS FUTURE AS A CSI
:eek: Oh boy!!!! Her testimony against him??? I wasn't expecting this at all.
Now, things are getting more and more interesting :shifty:

Tia Carrere? Wonde who her character is gonna fight with :lol:. Sorry, but I know her from "Relic Hunter" :lol:

WHILE CALLEIGH'S TESTIMONY AGAINST DELKO THREATENS HIS FUTURE AS A CSI
:eek: Oh boy!!!! Her testimony against him??? I wasn't expecting this at all.
Now, things are getting more and more interesting :shifty:

Tia Carrere? Wonde who her character is gonna fight with :lol:. Sorry, but I know her from "Relic Hunter" :lol:

Sounds like this could start the end of E/C

I totallty reported all this when the spoilers for the ep first came out. IAB is questioning both of them about what happened in the finale....why Eric was there and why Cal shot at "him". He maintains he was getting his father out and that he wasn't committing a crime....she simply maintains that the car was coming at her and in a fire fight, feared for her life so she used her training and shot at it. It was only after she shot at it and it passed her that she realized it was him. She IS asked if she thought he was fleeing the scene....the scene in the spoilers cuts off but I think it is safe to say that since he does come back to work in 805 that she didn't throw him under the bus as to say she thought he was committing a crime.

Now how it affects E/C....idk....its gonna make things interesting that is for sure. Given Adam is leaving the writers will either end their relationship totally (although Adam has said he doesn't think the book will ever totally close on them) or they will use this as the typical dramatic couple spat and before he leaves the show they will be back together and the writers will leave it like the LV writers left GSR.

Either way, the writers are going to write bad melodrama :lol:

I'm an E/C shipper and even I think they will make this ulcer and give you the urge to want to smack someone worthy :lol:

IE: it is going to be written very badly!

Eric is going to have to deal with the ramifications. I don't doubt he'll be suspended, just be lucky that he isn't Ryan because then he'd just get fired! :lol:

No doubt- Ryan will fill his getting in trouble quota this season. -rolls eyes-

I say they pass that torch onto the new guy and let Ryan do everything right for a change. :lol: There is already that one spoiler about Jesse questioning a suspect without their council present or was it looking through a suspect's belongings without a warrant? I forget. Either way, that's a pretty big no no. It won't hold up in court (the evidence I mean).

I say they pass that torch onto the new guy and let Ryan do everything right for a change. :lol: There is already that one spoiler about Jesse questioning a suspect without their council present or was it looking through a suspect's belongings without a warrant? I forget. Either way, that's a pretty big no no. It won't hold up in court (the evidence I mean).
In that instance,glad Jesse was there.That would have been Ryan's part for sure.
Maybe the screw ups will be shared now.:)

Ho-hum, what can I say. These characters do change & take on new characteristics as the seasons progress, perhaps tptb are done making Ryan out to be the one who makes all the mistakes -- maybe that was just a piece in his overall development. Not that I think he'll ever do wrong ever again, but tptb do have the opportunity to turn him around, & I think eventually they will.

Walter Simmons: Omar Benson Miller

I love this guy! Yay, I'm excited for him now, & I can't wait to see how he interacts with Frank! He played Felix on the 'Eleventh Hour' & he was so funny -- I hope he carries some of that humor over to the show. :p
Brownie points to tptb for not going with the typical 'Miami' look. :thumbsup:

Ho-hum, what can I say. These characters do change & take on new characteristics as the seasons progress, perhaps tptb are done making Ryan out to be the one who makes all the mistakes -- maybe that was just a piece in his overall development. Not that I think he'll ever do wrong ever again, but tptb do have the opportunity to turn him around, & I think eventually they will.

I love this guy! Yay, I'm excited for him now, & I can't wait to see how he interacts with Frank! He played Felix on the 'Eleventh Hour' & he was so funny -- I hope he carries some of that humor over to the show. :p

Oh yeah I loved him on Eleventh Hour!! :D Definately kudos to the casting department on that one :thumbsup:

Who was Felix? Was that the third "team member" they added? The guy that some people said looked like a younger Forrest Whitaker? If so, then he should have a different first name. Every time I hear the name Walter I think of Jeff Dunham's old-man puppet named Walter. :lol: Or Walter Resin (Horatio's old foe).

Who was Felix? Was that the third "team member" they added? The guy that some people said looked like a younger Forrest Whitaker? If so, then he should have a different first name. Every time I hear the name Walter I think of Jeff Dunham's old-man puppet named Walter. :lol: Or Walter Resin (Horatio's old foe).

Yep, that's him. Here's a link to his Imdb resume if anyone wants to take a look - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0589077/
According to the above he stands 6'6" tall :eek: He's totally gonna tower over Procter & Togo :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back