Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
How? I mean, I understand that it's against policy, but how would being together change their outlook or opinions on cases?

Destiny said: *Walks in looks around* Okay Past problems are going to be brought in to make a point of an opinion, and it may or may not be brought up again to debate said opinion, so far its been kept to that a small debate that is controled (we thank you for that). But there comes a point when we must move back on topic of future eps. -- *Puts up a hand* We know that discussing some of the consequences of other characters in the past, does have cause and effect on how the future is percieved in part of that cause and effect. All we are asking is that it stay controlled and stay on course of the reason this thread is here.

All this is us coming in and pre-empting anything that might happen, or it can be used as a reminder or advice to new folks. This in no way is aimed at anyone person and should not be taken as such. Thank you.

Sorry, Destiny - I just wanted to contest that last point.

As for the Without a Trace spinoff... I'm all for it. A lot of spinoffs feel very gimmicky, but this is actually somewhat feasible, and also those two actors will be fascinating playing off of one-another.

sarahvma said:
How? I mean, I understand that it's against policy, but how would being together change their outlook or opinions on cases?

I am far from an expert, but here's my two cents anyway! I think that there is a lot of cross-checking between CSIs to make sure that there are no mistakes. I think I remember one episode where money was involved, and two of the CSIs had to count it together so that each acted as a cross-check against the other. There was also the case just quoted above where Gil made Catherine redo some work after reviewing it. And remember the enormous pile of cases for review that Gil enjoyed leaving behind when he took off in Jackpot? Anyway, the point is that when two people have a close relationship, they may not be objective about each other's work, and in the worst case, they may actually cover up for each other. Of course Gil would never do that, but you can't expect every lawyer and judge in Nevada to believe that. It's more about the appearance of propriety than the idea that being in love would make them bad CSIs.

Aah - that's what I wanted to know - what part of the job it would affect. Because before it seemed like people were arguing about promotions and raises and the objectivity of the case itself.

What I'd really like is if Grissom was ahead of the game and, without anyone necessarily realizing it - had put all of Sara's cases on Catherine's roster. I imagine they share Supervisor duties.

sarahvma said:
What I'd really like is if Grissom was ahead of the game and, without anyone necessarily realizing it - had put all of Sara's cases on Catherine's roster. I imagine they share Supervisor duties.

I am actually expecting some kind of twist like that! Gil's no idiot.

Alex said:
This episode opens on the Western Las Vegas University campus at night. The body of an eighteen year old brunette female falls from the roof of one of the campus dorms. Brass and Grissom investigate this possible campus suicide.

Thanks for posting the information about 807, I meant to post it here this morning but real life was calling. :rolleyes: :) This is all there is for the moment on 'Hello, Goodbye' but I'm pretty hopeful that there will be more later on.

sarahvma said:
As for the Without a Trace spinoff... I'm all for it.

Ah yes, and as you can probably tell from my previous posts, I love the idea of Jack and Grissom playing off each other, it will be fascinating and fun to watch. One of my favourite spoilers from Who and What is where Jack is in Grissom's office and he's somewhat surprised/perplexed/disturbed by Grissom's irradiated fetal pig. :lol: There is just something I love about the idea of that scene, and I can totally imagine the characters interacting together. This could be a great crossover, as long as they don't make the thing too ridiculous...

eta: Raw Alex, I don't think that the episode titles reflect that generally, but if I remember correctly, the new CSI Veronica Lake (Jessica Lucas) was only appearing for 4 or 5 episodes. If that's right, then 807 could potentially be her last episode...

eta (again): episode title names so far

801: Dead Doll
802: A la Cart
803: Go to Hell
804: The Case of the Cross Dressing Carp
805: The Chick Chop Flick Shop
806: Who and What
807: Hello, Goodbye

Just to complete my earlier post here. After this, it's over to the Shark Jumping Tank for more.

LaQuisita said:

First, Catherine was not the cause of the explosion. Someone left the hot plate on. This is real cause. Catherine and Warrick were following standard procedure when they left the unknown sample where they did.
Saramvha added -
CATHERINE: It's my responsibility. I didn't follow procedure.
<snip>
CATHERINE: What do you want to hear? I screwed up. I'm sorry.

DIRECTOR ROBERT COVALLO: "Sorry" doesn't cut it. You're on suspension. Five days unpaid leave.
Thank you, sarahvma. This was my point exactly. Catherine is taking full responsibility even though she has every right to spread the blame. She is protecting the rest of the staff from any further investigation into who left the hot plate on. She probably figures that there has been enough pain and maybe she thinks that it was Greg.
Gil and Sara would have kept their secret as long as they could. Natalie outed them.
Covallo seems to be as big a jerk as Eckley, so she is just shutting him out.
So long as Catherine handles Sara's evaluations and her field assignments, and maybe Grissom steps down, there isn't really a problem.
In truth, it isn't a direct conflict of interest the way the previous example is and was.
Strange. Catherine should handle Sara even thought you think Cath is so irresponsible and dangerous.

Also, saramhva, you seem to have ignored the point about the whole team losing credibility on the witness stand. This is the real threat. If the entire team is seen involved in the Gil/Sara coverup, everything they say in court could be challenged by any half-way smart defense attorneys. They could ask: If Natalie, a janitor in the lab, could figure out what was going on, how could these "expert investigators" miss all the clues.
As to who will expose the scandal - Natalie. She would love to. And Eckley on the stand would fill in the blanks.
Raw Alex is right. This thread needs to over to the "Shark jump" battlefield. See ya there.
LaSquisita

any new word on our labrats seeing there are little bits of new info popping up here and there on the upcoming episodes? It was one thing that was mentioned....that we'd see a little more of them this season...

*after what seemed like an eternity of waiting, only a week left*

DJRideout said:
any new word on our labrats seeing there are little bits of new info popping up here and there on the upcoming episodes? It was one thing that was mentioned....that we'd see a little more of them this season...

*after what seemed like an eternity of waiting, only a week left*

Nothing is clear at this point, but there is some potential for the rats if the show splits into two "shifts" or Sara takes a sabbatical. Archie has suggested in at least one episode that he would want to go into the field (and Hodges has specifically said "never"). I think you may see Archie end up in the field more often as this season goes on.

FYI: Ep 807 Hello, Goodbye marks the return of Hanna Beck from the S6 episode 'The Unususal Suspect' along with her brother Marlon.

Wojo, thanks for the good news, Hannah is great.

Raw Alex, what makes you think that Archie will be in the field? Is it a spoiler or a speculation?

See people, this is what the thread is for: SPOILERS. Thanks Destiny btw. I was getting upset, cause every time I come in here loking for spoilers I have to skim through pages of crap to find one spoilery sentence.

ATTENTION PLEASE

The discussion thread for the ep "Dead Doll" is now up and ready for discussion. For those who are new or need a refresher please see the note above the episode description in the episode thread, as it states in there this will be the only time it will be posted. Any further discussion for this episode should be done in that thread, as this is for Future episodes. Thank-You. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back