Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gsr_rulz

gsr_rulz Hit and Run

I agree. I don't think the clip has anything to do with the doll dying (shorting out) b/c of the water. I think it has to do with him realizing that she is in danger of drowning due to flooding, which may be an element they had not considered before.

2. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I for one am getting numb with all these promo clips. I don't know, pimping something that heavily usually don't work for me. I just get annoyed. lol. Maybe that's because I'm not all that interested in the miniature killer/will Sara or won't Sara storyline in the first place. I'm actually looking forward more to the following episodes instead of the premiere. :p

3. Toots

Toots Pathologist

I don't mean anything by it. I was just recalling that I read that Nick would step up with a supervisory role, and if he did, maybe he would be supervising Sara since she obviously can't be supervised by her boyfriend (Grissom) anymore.

Just a guess on my part. That's all.

4. alice955

alice955 Victim

can someone post it on youtube?? the clip doesnt work on my region..
    millions of thanksss!!!!

5. AimeeC

AimeeC Dead on Arrival

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCJv_hgocww

This is the link for the new Sneak Peak on youtube! Besides the fact that the doll stops moving Grissom is showin quite a lot of emotion in this clip!
    And I'm gutted by the way because I live in the UK and am looking to download the episode next friday but stupid me booked a weekend away starting next Thurs so now I have to wait until sunday to watch it but my friend has agreed to go on the internet for me next week and find out what has happened and then phone me! Thank God for Friends lol!

Anyway alice955, hope the link helps you!

6. Vanessa

Vanessa Dead on Arrival

The scene where Grissom pours water on the miniature does have a meaning. It's not just something they thought would be dramatic (although it is). What Grissom did was not stupid. He saw the weather report, heard about the flash floods and had a theory. He got the water, poured it on the miniature and now he knows how Natalie wants to kill Sara. It's not with the weight of the car or with drugs or whatever. It's with water. Natalie thought of every single thing. It's fascinating and it's terrifying.

7. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

She knew it was going to rain weeks before? This did take some planning to get the car and Sara our. Weather forecasts are never a 100%. Grissom pouring water over the scene is un-scientific since he doesn't know the amount that will fall or how hard or long it will fall. And even without pouring water over the scene you can figure out the possibilities, if you are able of abstract thinking. A thing Grissom's seemed to lose thanks to the lurve. It's just fricken stupid. This is exactly what has made CSI jump the shark.

By now I'm puking on the overly dramatic soapy spoilers. I wonder how many have been irked instead of drawn in by them. I know I can't be the only one that is rolling my eyes and shaking my head at this high-school Grissom without capability of abstract thought and not one scientific bone in his body. :(

8. Vanessa

Vanessa Dead on Arrival

How about she waited for the right opportunity? Don't you think that maybe,just maybe, she could have waited for a day (or night) where it rains, considering the fact that when it rains, it pours and flash floods happen? Do you really think rain wasn't part of her plan? From what I saw, rain was part of her plan. Cause if it wasn't, then she didn't want to kill Sara. Just scare Grissom. Since she wanted to kill Sara... I'm following the evidence.
    What did Grissom lose because of love? What? He gained a lot because of love. I didn't see any high school behavior from Grissom or from Sara. They started a relationship, they kept it professional at work, they solved their problems like two adults... what high school behavior did you see? I'd like to know. Just curious.
    And seriously... a lot, and I mean a lot of people have been drawned in by the so called "dramatic soapy spoilers". Have you noticed that CSI's premiere is the most talked thing this year? Yeah, that's because people are just not interested at all.

9. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

Keeping the relationship under covers is the biggest teenagy thing ever. If they wanted a relationship they should have been mature enough to face the consequences because in their line of work, a subordinate cannot date a supervisor. And having the (albeit very wobbly) MCsK storyline end in this is hilariously cheap and tacky. It's just so moronic the entire credibility falls flat to its face when these are supposed to both be well over 30. Instead of being mature about it they go Romeo and Juliet and try to hide it? This entire story line is getting so stupid I can't but laugh at it any longer.

Since when was it established that she wanted to kill Sara? And if she did and is the genius she's made out to be, why take a chance with the floods? Doesn't make any sense at all that one. This is writing so below par that any fanficcer could have done it better.

Forecasts are about 60/40 in probability - a weeks forecast is even less accurate. If she even thought about it, it was pure chance. This is no longer a scientific show, this is pure soap ala Grey's Anatomy.

Sorry for posting this soon but I was asked to respond.

10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Umm the only times there is a time limit is if no one posts after you and that is when the edit time frame comes into effect. If you are responding to a post and as long as it is not considered "chatting" there should be no problems. ;)

11. Vanessa

Vanessa Dead on Arrival

Well, nice response. I gotta hand it to you.
    I don't agree with your opinion about the secret relationship, cause I think they did what they thought was right considering the fact that they wanted to be together and they loved working together. In a way they wanted to have the cake and eat it too, that's true, but still... their behavior at work was very professional (after all, no one noticed anything).
    Natalie always wanted to kill all her victims. It was always her goal. To kill the victims. So it's safe to assume that she wants to kill Sara. She's just doing the same thing she did in Monster In A Box. Giving the team (especially Grissom) a chance to save the victim.
    CSI has never been accurate in it's scientific stuff (as we all know). This is a drama show. They have some liberties. If they want to say that Natalie had a magic finger that whenever it hurt, she knew it was going to rain, they have that liberty (although if that happened, I would crash my tv :p). I'm really not the kind that sees a show and worries about the technicality. All I care about is having an hour of entertainment. And CSI certainly entertains me. Whether a dna analysis takes an hour or a week, it doesn't really matter to me. So, whether it's possible to know when it's going to rain in the mountains or not really isn't important to me. If that was important to me, I'd watch discovery channel or something. But that's just me, someone who has watched too many soap operas to count. At this moment, CSI is like discovery channel compared to the soap operas I watched before.

12. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Honestly, it annoys me more when the network makes one clip and just shows it again and again. I actually like that they're putting some effort in to - at the very least - give each clip a bit of unique footage.

And in reality, if you don't want to watch them, you don't have to click on the links.

13. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

In next weeks TV Guide, which gsr4ever has scanned and posted on YTDAW, there are 4 (I think it was) pages with various CSI blurbs. To me this one was the most interesting. It basically just admits that when they find the car they don't find Sara there. I think we've figured that out from the video clips we've seen but it's always nice to have them admit to it. :lol:

Susan

14. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Are you forgetting every storyline Catherine has ever had?

Yes, this stretched the bounds of believability, but the show has already set that standard many, many times in the past.

The very conversation that Grissom and Catherine have about their personal lives conflicting with cases in the latest Lady Heather episode should be a reminder of that.

What kind of adult, mature, responsible supervisor visits what is basically a fetish prostitute when she's a suspect/victim in a murder case? Or has tea with her twice during ongoing investigations in which she is involved?

What kind of CSI would be able to blow up the lab and receive absolutely no consequences, mistake or not? Or personally handle evidence from two of her ex-husband's potential crimes - especially after she was told by the supervisor or lead CSI on both cases to be hands-off?

The CSIs have been plenty immature in the workplace in the past, and honestly their relationship - to me - is far less significant than almost killing two of your co-workers due to your own oversight and laziness.

15. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

I'm not sure if I can agree that water was apart of Natalie's plan, but I do think that Grissom was not being stupid when he poured the water on the miniature. I think he was trying to see if the water would pool under the car and drown Sara. I think he was hoping that it would just run off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.