Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

You..Have..Entered..The..Spoiler..Lab! .. If You Don't Want To Be Spoiled STOP! :cool:

Part 1

Please Read All Of This Post, We Ask Only The Following Be Remembered:

• Spoiler Codes: Even though we have a special spoiler code now it does NOT have to be used in here, nor do spoiler spaces. -- Please do not post spoilers in un-marked threads there are alot who are avoiding them. While you can link to the lab to point out a spoiler or even use the code, this really should be the place for any or all spoiler discussions.
      If you should be asked about a spoiler in unmarked threads please send them into this thread for further discussion and let them know why so they understand.
    • List the Episode Name: Giving the name of the episode avoids confusion regarding what ep you are talking about, if you can give a link to where you got it from, remember though some sites may give false spoilers, there are some sites that can be deemed dependable, but remember the only true way to know is when the ep airs. -- Always remember that spoilers are subject to changes and should only be considered as a guide to what could be happening in that episode, and not what will happen.
    • Certain Spoiler Places No-no: Copyright violations, please remember that posting a spoiler word for word from a site is NOT allowed, we ask that you put it in you're own words (also lines from an ep again not allowed). For that matter if you get spoilers from places like 'sides', ect you can't even mention that or link to it. A couple of other sites that want on the list are BTA and YTDAW while you can mention them you can not link to them for spoilers. If asked to cite you're source contact myself or TallyHo for help. Please remember Copyright violations will be edited and removed.
    • Major Info Spoiler: Please remember that not everyone wants to know ALL of the spoiler, (ie the end, and so on) remember this is like a review of future ep discussions while we like to hear about it (What its about, hints to what might happen) that doesn't necessairly mean that they want to know everything, this is just one reason why we don't allow scripts to be posted, that and as we said spoilers are subject to change.
    • Short Spoilers: Are good, But for the Long ones please give a short summery (in you're own words), a link to the spoiler & the episode name. -- Please be mindful of the *Copyright* rule. If the site says it is copywritten its better to check if you can copy and paste and how much. Also be mindful of the Video rules as posted in the "Help Guide" located in this forum.
    • On Topic & avoid Confusion: When discussing the spoilers its good to either quote some of the one your talking about, or put in the episode name, to avoid confusion. Please keep to the topic of spoilers.
    • Shipper/ships discussions: The only time any ships moments are allowed to be discussed in here is when it ONLY pertains to said ep, ship or scene, this means should said ep not contain a ship moment then it does not belong in this thread or forum, but rather in the "Shipper Central" forum.
    • Pictures: No pictures in this thread please, we have a picture thread for future eps and we have pic threads in the "Character/actor" area. This thread is for discussion of spoilers only.
    • Opinions: While everyone is entitled to their opinion and to disagree with the opinions, lets remember this is NOT a debate thread, this goes for Characters, Ships, episode vs episode. In saying that lets remember that this is for future episodes lets not let past eps, or single characters dominate. Remember if you cannot agree then agree to disagree and let it go.
    • Arguements: There comes a time when people who voice their opinions rile others this can lead to arguments and heated debates and or flamming. We do give gentle reminders, we trying to calm down the problem all before any warning is issued but if that doesn't work and it continues take note we will not hesitate to issue that warning. -- The best thing you can do is if you feel yourself getting angry or upset then backup, breath, and then when you are calm come on back. Otherwise see "Opinions" above.
    • Stretching: Please remember to not stretch the screen (you will be edited if it happens) and there is a thread for future episode pictures already up.
    • EP Threads: IF there is already a discussion thread up for an ep (by you moderators), please discuss that ep in that thread, as this is for Future eps, not yet aired. -- This is for LV Only! Any Spoilers for Miami, and New york belong in their propestive forums and not in here if they are found in here they will be removed.

-Please remember, we reserve the right to update/change any of the above, remember the board rules, and reminders. Have fun. ;)

2. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

*yay* new thread! :D Wow, the season hasn't even started and we're on to the second thread already...and I'm sure there are plenty more spoilers to come. :)

OK, the last episode that we got spoilers for is #805 - The Chick Chop Flick Shop. :rolleyes: I have to say, I thought the episode titles had hit a new low with 'The Cross Dressing Carp' but this is just getting ridiculous...

So to recap (I think these details are correct), #805 - Nick and Catherine are on the case of a actress murdered at a studio filming a horror movie, Brass is there too. Veronica 'Ronnie' is also mentioned, she appears to be scared and gets herself into a very dangerous situation.

Other details: Catherine gets chatted up by a dwarf, he is quite persistent. Archie is in this episode too (yay for Archie, he's a favourite of mine). That's pretty much it so far. No mention of the others, and as always these are just spoilers so are subject to change. :)

3. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

From what I've read about Catherine and the dwarf, it sounds pretty funny. He's coming on to her/flirting and she tells him to leave her alone but he keeps it up. She tries to ignor him but he won't be ignored.

Later he calls her cell phone and tells her he has vital info for her and she should meet him at the studio, she's annoyed by him but agrees anyway.

4. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Interesting and well-thought take, I appreciate what went into this. Of course "interesting" and "well-thought" are far from guarantees that's the direction a show will go, but... :lol:

The Grissom resolution would be ideal - he wouldn't "leave" the show per se and could pop back in and out as wanted/needed. Of course this might cut Marc Vann out of a gig (partially or completely), but who knows what else he's got going - I've seen him on other shows in recent years. It'd be a neat, convenient and versatile plot turn.

Also, as far as new CSI's, there could be an opportunity to "promote from within". I know we already saw Greg go from lab rat to CSI, but eight years into a show it wouldn't be over-redundant to have that happen again, especially to a character who hasn't been as up front all the time as Greg. Or, maybe not a lab rat, maybe a detective. We saw Sofia sort of ping-ponged between the two, maybe another detective would take to it...better? Worse? Just differently?

And your idea of subbing in a newer, lower-market actor or actors? Very NBA-ish, I must say. :D Like when the Mavs cut higher-ticket free agent Steve Nash loose and signed a #5 draft pick...okay, maybe that's a bad comparison. (A REAL bad one, since Steve won league MVP the next two years...) But structurally, the comparison stands. Sports teams do it all the time, they'll choose not to re-sign a high-priced free agent or they'll trade a fading star with a bloated contract for draft picks and promising bench-riders. That clears up salary cap room and/or makes their trading options broader. Risky? Sure...but in TV, as in hoops, you've got people who know who's out there and what they're capable of, and "CSI" has an excellent track record in terms of picking talent. The "standing" cast members, from Bill Petersen to...I dunno, Vicki Prescott and Jose Zuniga...are all top-of-the-line actors. If they bring in anyone new, I'm sure they'll be a great addition. (I know there are plenty of other ways in which the sports comparison doesn't fit, but...the ways in which it does sometimes amuse me...)

5. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I COMPLETELY agree with Wojo and S_Bright. Such a total knock off of Grave Danger. I am surprised that I am even watching this season. Last season was so bad I ALMOST turned to Grey's Anatomy! :eek: Last season was horrible! :p If they really wanted to shake up things and give us viewers something new, than they should kill off Sara. :devil:

I thought that the acting on Jorja Fox's part was Horrible. :lol: "Oh no. Don't do this, Natalie."

Very Convincing... :rolleyes:

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

WOW, such different opinions. I didn't think it was anything like ,or close to "Grave Danger' and S/7 to me, was one of the best seasons ever, the MCSK series, was riveting and so interesting and such a totally different concept, kept my interest, and apparently the 'buzz' out there, Sara is in ep 3 working with Doc, Cath and the new girl, and her acting is superb and atonishing, and so beliveable ;)And has anyone ever considered the possibility that the 'crunching' sound we hear on the video, is not Sara's bones but a big rock under the car, many rocks in the desert!

7. Delia

Delia Victim

I agree I see a lot difference with grave danger also I think Jorja acting is wonderful and IMO season 7 was brilliant.

8. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

agree w/ you both
    and they've done repeats before, especially in their serials.. paul milander, the blue paint killer.. both spanned several episodes, both planted evidence connected to other cases, both committed suicide just as grissom and the team caught on...
    peole aren't ever completely original. after seven years, some things are going to be similar. it's a given.
    we've only seen eighteen seconds of jorja's "acting" and i think it looks as believable, if not more so, than most of the stuff on the show. season seven was great, all teh seasons were... :mad: must we be so negative?

9. Chadini

Chadini Witness

10. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

wow...super new promo clip during the rerun of loco motives. Its got me super stoked for the season premier even more now!! More of a detailed clip!! *it'll be up on youtube soon enough, I'm sure, for those who missed or never watched the rerun.*

11. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yeah it was a really good promo...showed all the CSIs in it.

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

WHOA :eek: what the H, is she screaming, I can't recognize the word? poor girl, friggin' freak show Natalie, then the coyote, then a rain storm! lord have mercy... be strong Sara, help is on the way :( this ep. might be my demise :(

13. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

The fifth season was my favorite season. Grave Danger was my favoirte episode.

Quinten Tarentino will father my babies.

14. CSI247

CSI247 Hit and Run

Wow. How does Sara escape the flood? If she does... Maybe the flood is really strong and lifts the car up or something? That's just my wishful thinking though.

15. LovingGrissom

LovingGrissom Victim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.