Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I don't think the water thing was completely dumb on Grissom's part. I mean I can understand why he would want to know what would happen to the doll (dead doll, as it turns out - note the link to the episode name, like it), in theory it could help them. For the water to pool would suggest that the car is in a specific position and place in the desert, because clearly the model would be topographically accurate. :rolleyes: Wow, you see I knew Natalie was all about the detail, and yet I find it hard to believe she is that good.

Therefore (in my own alternative world, where I am a fabulous writer for CSI) this is how they will now find Sara. Using a very detailed map.... :p

Anyway, no I don't think water was part of the plan. I assume Sara was meant to either be found by the team (if they are quick enough/good enough), or just waste away/get eaten by coyotes out in the desert. It would seem strange that Natalie would factor in rain, especially as it appears that the rain will probably help in freeing Sara from her predicament, if other spoiler videos etc are to be believed.

Oh, and on unrelated matters, in the Who and What spoilers with Brass separating Jack from the suspect, I think Brass is aware that it's his interrogation room and his territory, so even though he's happy for Jack's FBI status to take precedence he still feels what goes on in his building is his responsibility. And Jack is pretty hot headed anyway I think, but later seems to admit fault.

2. assumenothing

assumenothing Rookie

The clip has more meaning than "the electicity shorted out." Grissom's not a dumb guy, even in stressful situtations- he does have a doctorate, after all. He walked in there with the water knowing that the electricity would short out, I mean it is common sense. I think his experiment was more about seeing how the car was laid on the land. Water in the desert pools because it can't seep into the ground, so Grissom was seeing if the car was in a position so that the water would pool away from the car instead of underneath it. Obviously, the water did pool around the car, thus shorting out the electricity. At least that's what I think Grissom was trying to do- he does think like a scientist, after all.

3. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Either way, I think Grissom decided that a flash flood warning at that moment probably wasn't incidental and that it was the only thing that the miniature was "missing", so adding that element was probably a key to the puzzle.

4. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

Sarahvm, I know this is a very stressful time for GSRs, but watch the episode before you start throwing unfounded accusations around.
    First, Catherine was not the cause of the explosion. Someone left the hot plate on. This is real cause. Catherine and Warrick were following standard procedure when they left the unknown sample where they did.
    Second, Catherine did the investigation herself and did not pass the buck as she easily could have but took full responsibility for everything.
    Third, she was suspended.
    I am waiting to see if Gil and Sara will take responsibility for risking the credibility and effectiveness of the entire team for their reckless and immature shacking up.
    Remember in "The accused is entitled" how the hotshot defense lawyer ripped the crew to shreds with details she had uncovered? What would happen if someone like that knew about the Sara/Gil deceit? A supervisor taking advantage of an emotionally disturbed underling after refusing a direct order to fire her, and the team of "expert investigators" claiming to be totally unaware of anything going on? Their credibility would be toast forever no matter what they said.
    This is the jawdropping risk that the lovebirds were placing the whole lab in. Possible end of careers for all of them.
    LaSquisita

5. Niffer

Niffer Witness

Okay, technically, Cath was suspended for a week without pay for that particular mistake. So there were consequences, just not drastic ones.

6. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

Hi Niffer,
    I'm sorry but I'm confused. What does "technically" mean here?
    LaSquisita

7. Niffer

Niffer Witness

Well...uh...it means technically. :D Sorry for the confusion, perhaps that wasn't the correct word for me to use. No wonder no one will publish my novel... ;)

The poster I responded to said that Cath wasn't punished for blowing up the lab. She really was with the one week unpaid suspension. That's the point I was trying to get across.

8. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

8x07 Hello Goodbye

Don't know much more than the title

9. vexus

vexus Pathologist

Well, at least it's a start!

But we will get more details later. :)

10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

*Walks in looks around* Okay Past problems are going to be brought in to make a point of an opinion, and it may or may not be brought up again to debate said opinion, so far its been kept to that a small debate that is controled (we thank you for that). But there comes a point when we must move back on topic of future eps. -- *Puts up a hand* We know that discussing some of the consequences of other characters in the past, does have cause and effect on how the future is percieved in part of that cause and effect. All we are asking is that it stay controlled and stay on course of the reason this thread is here.

All this is us coming in and pre-empting anything that might happen, or it can be used as a reminder or advice to new folks. This in no way is aimed at anyone person and should not be taken as such. Thank you.

pabzi having little info is just as good as having alot, thank you.

11. jasjod

jasjod Dead on Arrival

I don't know if this was said yet so I'm sorry if this is a repeat, but on the back cover of US Weekley I think it was, they have a picture promoting CSI with Warrick looking a a skeleton laying in sand which kind of looks like how Sara was layig in the minature crime scene, and with all CSI members standing, with Sara way in the background kind of faded out. Does this mean she actually does die, but is in the next few as flashbacks of her and Grissom that we never saw? Again I'm sorry if this was bought up already as it's been a while since I've been on and was not in any mood to read 12 pages of posts.

12. Alex

Alex Lab Technician

This episode opens on the Western Las Vegas University campus at night. The body of an eighteen year old brunette female falls from the roof of one of the campus dorms. Brass and Grissom investigate this possible campus suicide.

13. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

Seems like there's going to be a lot of Grissom in the first few episodes anyway! I'm happy.

14. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Reckless? Why, were they having dangerous sex in his office?

CATHERINE: It's my responsibility. I didn't follow procedure.

DIRECTOR ROBERT COVALLO: Why not?

CATHERINE: Because there's 24 hours in the day and I'm pulling 16 for the county, spending three pretending to sleep and the other five lying to my daughter that everything's going to be all right.

DIRECTOR ROBERT COVALLO: There were 13 active cases in DNA. They are all now tainted or destroyed.

CATHERINE: What do you want to hear? I screwed up. I'm sorry.

DIRECTOR ROBERT COVALLO: "Sorry" doesn't cut it. You're on suspension. Five days unpaid leave.

(CATHERINE stands up and leaves the office. GRISSOM gets up to follow her.
    DIRECTOR COVALLO stops him.)

DIRECTOR ROBERT COVALLO: Grissom. We're not done here. I've heard rumors that you've been kicking back Willows' reports.

GRISSOM: One report. The Jenkins case. She made a miscalculation. I've asked her to reissue the report.

DIRECTOR ROBERT COVALLO: Great. Well, while you're at it, maybe she can reissue the lab explosion.

-------------

My point is simply this: yes, I believe Grissom and Sara will receive reprocussions for their actions because it is against policy, but every member of the lab has done something at this point that could be considered reckless, immature, irresponsible and in poor judgement. Grissom and Sara are having an affair.

My point is that it is less dangerous than not following procedure and causing a lab explosion, or working a case you know you shouldn't when you are emotionally invested in it and it will almost certainly be thrown out of court if it's found out (but your own personal vendetta is more important), so on and so forth.

So long as Catherine handles Sara's evaluations and her field assignments, and maybe Grissom steps down, there isn't really a problem.

In truth, it isn't a direct conflict of interest the way the previous example is and was.

15. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

Sarahya - entire cases can be tainted by a covert relationship between them. Their credibility will be in question, and thus the entire lab's.

And that icredibly reckless and immature to put your own lovelife ahead of the careers of others and the reputation of the lab. They have both lost all my respect and if I was working with them I'd ask for a transfer myself.

If they don't get a good smack down from Ecklie I don't know what would cause repercussions any longer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.