Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 1

I definitely think TPTB are playing with our heads, I mean, this new girl thing could mea anything, or nothing at all. I also highly doubt another CSI will be added and the only reason one would be was if Sara died and of course, there would only be one female on the team.. and we all know ow that goes.

Its all head games. And think about, this new info on a new character comes just as most people are deciding that Sara lives... another sign its to throw us off. And it's getting some people.

Honestly, its a pretty good idea. Its the same thing they do with promos: Piece things together and make it look like something big, when really its a two-minute scene that means nothing ultmately.

Remember, there are people who's job it is to keep us on edge.

oh im deff on the edge, in fact im almost falling off the edge! what ever happens i'll still continue to watch csi. i just hope it doesnt end up like csi ,miami did with the characters.

Destiny said...

But its not only just ships, its about individual characters as well, okay I have to use the example this thread isn't strictly about what will happen to Sara, its not strictly about Greg, etc.

and

if you don't like the ship state it, its your opinion ....

Thank you... That was all I was trying to say.

I appreciate that some members will be ecstatic when a spoiler involves their favorite character or storyline, but if we could please try and keep the comments balanced by including everyone, and not just your favorite.

Plus as happy as a spoiler may make one member, that may not be the same for someone else. I am sure we all know how to accept differing opinions here- right? Disagreeing is not bashing, and we all know the difference between them.

I for one am looking forward to ALL the spoilers for this season, and not just ones that pertain to certain storylines or characters. I admit that the GSR/ MCSK/ Greg storylines last year really wore me down, but I am hoping to see a more balance season in the 8th year. :D

Oh and about the new character; I also agree that CM is just playing with us. Most likely this new character will just be another in a long line of smaller characters that we will see every now and then.

I am 95% sure that JF will be staying.

CSI_TIME said:
Destiny said...

But its not only just ships, its about individual characters as well, okay I have to use the example this thread isn't strictly about what will happen to Sara, its not strictly about Greg, etc.

and

if you don't like the ship state it, its your opinion ....

Thank you... That was all I was trying to say.

I appreciate that some members will be ecstatic when a spoiler involves their favorite character or storyline, but if we could please try and keep the comments balanced by including everyone, and not just your favorite.

Plus as happy as a spoiler may make one member, that may not be the same for someone else. I am sure we all know how to accept differing opinions here- right? Disagreeing is not bashing, and we all know the difference between them.

I for one am looking forward to ALL the spoilers for this season, and not just ones that pertain to certain storylines or characters. I admit that the GSR/ MCSK/ Greg storylines last year really wore me down, but I am hoping to see a more balance season in the 8th year. :D

Oh and about the new character; I also agree that CM is just playing with us. Most likely this new character will just be another in a long line of smaller characters that we will see every now and then.

I am 95% sure that JF will be staying.

I agree with you guys, but if it happens that we only get spoilers on certain people or storylines, does that mean we can't discuss them until more spoilers on everyone else comes out?

I mean, I haven't heard many spoilers other than Jorja/Sara ones, GSR, and Eric made a comment about what he would like... so... what? We say a few things and then wait for something else? I'm just confused.

I hope we get more info on Warrick and Nick and stuff, but if we don't, are we not allowd to discuss what we do have?

Now, if the problem is simply that people start fighting, then ok. But it seems like now if too many people are discussing what the most recent spoiler could mean, we get in trouble for not including the whole team.. I just don't understand...

i agree, i hope we find see a lot more of nick and warrick. i want to see more romance! lol i love gsr but thats because i enjoy the lovie dovie stuff!

Hehe. I'm never one who's hesitant to state my like/dislike for a character or a ship (I don't think I really dislike any of the CSI characters, though). :D I think it's a great thing to be happy for a character/ship/storyline, however, sometimes being too smug only makes others feel uncomfortable and could fuel arguments just like bashing does. I'm not a GSR person and it's not a secret here, but I enjoy reading MissDee's and Alyssa's posts even when they are about GSR. And posts that keep selling the ship to people without actual discussion just make me roll my eyes. Same goes to such posts about particular characters (which are actually rare in this thread). After all, I come in here to read/talk about spoilers, not about how certain members love a character or a ship. But that's just me and not everyone is like me although I'd like to think otherwise.

I actually don't think the talks about Greg were a problem, because he has the most part in what we have now. Unfortunately, we can't decide on what spoilers we get (if I could, I'd so take everything about Catherine!) and it was only natural that Greg became the focus of the discussion, be it positive or negative. I'm sure if we got spoilers about Sara's fate, everyone would turn their focus to Sara. Some people would cheer and some would moan, just like the Greg/non-Greg fans did earlier. But then again, it's just me. :)

As for Carol Mendelsohn, I don't know, I wouldn't take her words serious. In my own experience, she's probably the worst person to give away this kind of stuff. I'll believe it when I see it. :D

Yes I would love to see more Nick and Warrick. Their friendship kind of faded onto the back burner this entire season. I wouldn't mind a little(just a little) more Catherine as well. Whether they end GSR or just 'take a break' or whatever, I'm just glad it's not in your face the entire season.

But shipping aside, I believe that when Grissom left for Sabbatical, it gave the other CSI's more of a chance to shine. So if(That's a big IF) WP only comes back for a few episodes, maybe it will be good for the other characters.

I agree with you guys, but if it happens that we only get spoilers on certain people or storylines, does that mean we can't discuss them until more spoilers on everyone else comes out?
I mean, I haven't heard many spoilers other than Jorja/Sara ones, GSR, and Eric made a comment about what he would like... so... what? We say a few things and then wait for something else? I'm just confused.

Well actually there are more spoilers other than the Jorja/Sara, GSR, and Eric ones, and I think that is the point. There is Brass in the junk yard, Catherine questioning the security guard, Hodges and Sophia with Natile, and Nick narrowing down the search area. So there are more spoilers out there, and I have seen them posted on this site. However those spoilers have gotten lost in all the GSR – will JF stay – Greg in helicopter posts. Once again a balance thing.

Like I said I get that certain fans will be happy about certain spoilers, and no one is saying you can’t (or shouldn’t) talk, or be happy, about them. But could we all try and include all of the spoilers and not just comment on our favorites only?

Alrighty then. I suppose that makes a little more sense now.

And, I guess I missed Brass' thing, but I do remember Catherine and Greg questioning security guards or something like that. And if I do remember correctly, Catherine is displayed as being extremely upset and angry while talking to the security job. At least, in comparison to Greg (who is the only other CSI with her.)

And of course, that got me thinking. Catherine and Sara's relationship has never been the best, but I don't think that anyone except Grissom cares for Sara more, I mean, they all have their own relationship with her. My guess is that Catherine and her motherly self would be the one to portray more frustration.

And then of course Nick would be right up there with her.

And then I also heard that after the scene with Cath and Greg at the strip mall, theres a 414 is progress, which is apparently Grand Larceny... I don't know what significance this would have, if any at all, to the episode. It just seemed odd that it would be added in there when most of the episode is about finding Sara.. Could be something, probably is nothing. Who knows?

And I'm going to ask this once more, hopefully without breaking any rules. I also heard that there may be a scene that sounds a lot like the season 6 finale when Brass is shot. Like, it is litteraly a flashback maybe of him being brought into the hospital... Why would they have this, or is it some type of mix-up? I'm very confused with this.

Hi everyone I'm new here, and I don't even know if this is the right fourm or not, but I was driving around town today and noticed that they are doing a couple of shots of CSI in Lake LA. I saw Gary Dourdan, Paul Guilfoyle, and a bunch of extras. It looked like they were searching for something or somebody.

*bangs head on desk* I just want the season to start!!! :( I love pre-season spoilers so that way I can stay some what up to date with what might go one. And at the same time i hate them because that's the first thing my mind goes to when I let it wander. Stuiped Brain :mad: :mad:!!!! Now I have all these scenes going through my head of what what might happen. GAHHHHHH I'll volunteer to go tape some scenes if we can get them ahead of time.

It was confirmed at the press conference this past week that Jorga Fox will be in the Season 8 premiere, underneth the car. That is all that was said, they did not delve in to details and I suspect that they were intentionally vague regarding that topic. That piece of information, combined with the fact that they are "wrapping up" the Grissom/Sara storyline, makes it probable that she will be back for a short time. I think that the five episode arch makes much more sense. If she was signed on for the entire season, I'd think they would have announced so at the conference. :(

eszmanda_luver said:
I also heard that there may be a scene that sounds a lot like the season 6 finale when Brass is shot. Like, it is litteraly a flashback maybe of him being brought into the hospital... Why would they have this, or is it some type of mix-up? I'm very confused with this.

What I am hearing is that each character has some kind of flashback/memory about something that happened to them in the past, Brass has a flashback about being shot, we see it though his eyes, the hospital staff looking down on him. Also while in the helicopter Greg has a flashback/memory of a conversation he had with Sara in down the drain. That's all I've heard so far about the flashbacks.

Wojo said:
eszmanda_luver said:
I also heard that there may be a scene that sounds a lot like the season 6 finale when Brass is shot. Like, it is litteraly a flashback maybe of him being brought into the hospital... Why would they have this, or is it some type of mix-up? I'm very confused with this.

What I am hearing is that each character has some kind of flashback/memory about something that happened to them in the past, Brass has a flashback about being shot, we see it though his eyes, the hospital staff looking down on him. Also while in the helicopter Greg has a flashback/memory of a conversation he had with Sara in down the drain. That's all I've heard so far about the flashbacks.

Oooh. Ok. Well that makes a lot more sense now. Thanks for clearing that up (the best you can given what we have of course.) Well, that makes me wonder what everyone else's will be...

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I do think that finding out where Sara is is completely a team effort here. Because, Brass finds out that the car Natalie took was going to Ice Box Canyon and even has the guy point to one area, and then Nick apparently finds narrows it down to that area as well, and then Greg spots the actual car:

So I'm wondering if maybe one person finds something out, and then the next goes from there, or they may even have it to where they show different clips of each of the team members narrow it down to where she is, and ends with Greg spotting the actual car (only because that would make most sense.) So none of them would be in the glory, as they all figured it out about the same time.

Just thought that was interesting.

Okay before I give the quote and the answers to them I just want to add the reason I might sound confusing to folks more this season then say in previous seasons. The reason being that I have been asked to either be simpler, less simple or what have you with explainations, where as I would go into it long (rule and explain further). This is tiring on me and on all of you because it only confuses you all more and heck me its hard to do this. So I think from now on I will go back to the way I did things in previous seasons and if you have questions feel free to pm me for simpler or expanded explainations (Now that was confusing lol). :p

eszmanda_luver said: I agree with you guys, but if it happens that we only get spoilers on certain people or storylines, does that mean we can't discuss them until more spoilers on everyone else comes out?
No you can still discuss it but if you come across a 'greg' spoiler and see a 'brass' spoiler or whoever we are asking that you share more then just your fav character, never know you might be helping someone out though they may or may not like 'greg' its still good karma. ;)
I hope we get more info on Warrick and Nick and stuff, but if we don't, are we not allowd to discuss what we do have?
Now, if the problem is simply that people start fighting, then ok. But it seems like now if too many people are discussing what the most recent spoiler could mean, we get in trouble for not including the whole team.. I just don't understand...
Hmm see the first quote above, but the answer to that is no you can discuss it as I said IF you come across a spoiler that gives more then just 'greg', 'sara' or any individual character (ie your fav only) then please give a helping keyboard (umm hand).

Part of the problem with the start of the season is spoilers come out sparce causing a possible over dissecting of it, which leads to arguments and what have you. As to the whole team no of course you can talk about either the whole team, or one person I just want to make sure that the spoilers posted are not dominated by just the one.

Its the same this isn't a ship spoiler thread only, its not a greg, nick, warrick, catherine, sara, grissom thread only its a thread for all spoilers and as mentioned alot of time some spoilers get lost when a single character is well singled out and goes for several pages. Which is why we ask that if you find a spoiler for your fav and see one for one you might not be keen on, please give both its good to help out another fan. But if you only find the one thats fine two the next person might find another. ;)
CSI_TIME said: Well actually there are more spoilers other than the Jorja/Sara, GSR, and Eric ones, and I think that is the point. There is Brass in the junk yard, Catherine questioning the security guard, Hodges and Sophia with Natile, and Nick narrowing down the search area. So there are more spoilers out there, and I have seen them posted on this site. However those spoilers have gotten lost in all the GSR – will JF stay – Greg in helicopter posts. Once again a balance thing.

Like I said I get that certain fans will be happy about certain spoilers, and no one is saying you can’t (or shouldn’t) talk, or be happy, about them. But could we all try and include all of the spoilers and not just comment on our favorites only?
That would be about the it of it. Sorry for the confusion its hard to make clear with all the stuff hopefully its more clearer now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back