Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 1

Aw that'd be cool if Greg found her first, but I'd still be happy with the whole team. Pah I just want it to air already!! :p

I read on TV Guide there will (finally!) be a Without a Trace/CSI Cross-over episode! :)

Here is an articel about the season premeir that appears on the news section of this site. Read me!

Musicluvr325 said:
Oh please no. I hate crossovers.
Hahahah. :lol:

Maybe it wouldn't be too bad if I actually watched Without a Trace. But i'm not really too fond of crossovers either.

I'm not fond of crossovers much either, but these two shows are so fantastic, and always in the top 10 in ratings, I think this will be electryfing and incredible, WP and AP are such great actors, I think CBS, knows what their doing on this one! I'll sure be watching ;)

LINK
CLICK HERE

it does infuriate me with "spoilers" such as 'season 8 picks up where the previous season left off' - like well dur we knew that!! that's what "to be continued" means! :rolleyes:

oh and I've never seen Without a Trace, so i've no idea there! :lol: i probably wouldn't even notice it being a cross-over!

*laughs head off* reading all the spoilers, not only here but all over the net - all I can do is congratulate the writers for copying GD exactly. There is nothing - and I emphasize, nothing original with this script. Well except the gigantic plotholes tht weren't there in the original Grave Danger.

The writers should be ashamed of themselves, plagiarism isn't hailed normally, it's actually frowned upon among professionals.

Yuck, I typed up a reply and it chucked that error msg at me! :mad:

^^We can't exactly say that they're not including anything original in the script nor can we deem it plagiarism. (They kinda did write their own thing) but the similarities of the two situations are there. However until the premier airs, TPTB still have the ability to spin that ep anyway they want, we'll just have to wait and see.

I think the premier is definately going to be a blast and either way it'll be an episode we wont forget!

As for the crossovers, umm...not really a fan of them myself unless they do another cross-csi crossover. That I dont mind. Unfortunately I dont watch Without A Trace, so I have no clue. :p

I'm probabaly the only one, but I'm looking forward to the epi because Natalie is back! I hope that Jessica Collins is to play her again (and not another actress) as she was absolutely amazing in the finale, and I can't wait to see how the character develops (if only for another epi)

I'm very happy about the Without a trace crossover. That is a very good show. I have watched it for the last 2 seasons. It comes on at night on TNT in reruns. As for the season opener, I think that we are all going to have parts of it that we don't like, And there will be parts that no one can stop talking about. But hey it's just my opion. And it does not mean alot..:lol:... I also think that the writers know what they are doing. And on another note ( I'm so mad that CSI did not score any major Emmy nods. :mad: )

Aw man. I wish there would be a CSI/CSI: Miami crossover. I don't really care much for WAT. But my mom loves both shows so she'll be excited. :p

S_Bright said:
The writers should be ashamed of themselves, plagiarism isn't hailed normally, it's actually frowned upon among professionals.

Actually, the definition of 'plagiarism' is:

1. a piece of writing that has been copied from someone else and is presented as being your own work
2. the act of plagiarizing; taking someone's words or ideas as if they were your own

The last time I checked, the writers weren't taking Quentin Tarentino's work and saying it was their own. Is the script the same as Grave Danger? No, it's totally different. They're not taking his words and saying they are his own.

Maybe it's a similar plotline, but then again, how different can you make someone being kidnapped? You can't, it's impossible. Nick was buried alive by a mad man and Sara is underneath a car by a crazed serial killer who makes miniatures of crime-scenes. Nick was by chance; Sara is a personal attack on Grissom, because Natalie feels he is responsible for taking away Ernie Dell.

So really, there's many differences. I do agree that the plot seems the same -- kidnapped CSI, the race against time to save them. But how different can you make that? Anyone who says they can is lying, because if you watch other shows they handle it the same.

On another note, I'm a bit excited to hear of the WAT/CSI: crossover because it's something different. I'm interested to see how this will play out :)

sandersidle said:
Aw man. I wish there would be a CSI/CSI: Miami crossover. I don't really care much for WAT. But my mom loves both shows so she'll be excited. :p

That won't be happening anytime soon. William Petersen refuses to do a crossover with CSI:Miami. I can't remember where I read it, but there was an article where he said that. Same goes for CSI/CSI:NY. That's why I was a little surprised that CSI and WAT were crossing over.

Could be the camraderie with the stars involved ;) he's friends with LaPaglia, & was miffed to put it politely, when the 'franchises' arrived on the scene.. 'WAT' is a totally different show.. and I know that Gary is from Chicago, as he is, but with Caruso.. no comment :confused:

BILLY AND ANTHONY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back