Season 7 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Post Mortem:
    From the spoliers I've read on Black tie affair and YTDAW say that Greg's inquest will be more like a trial with jurors and a judge deciding his fate. Both Nick & Sofia testify on his behalf as well as the guy who's life Greg saved in FannySmakin.

Also their will be a media circus atmosphere that surrounds Greg and the inquest. This proves to be another great Greg angsty episode.

2. Toots

Toots Pathologist

That's my problem too. I hate it when the cast keeps growing, and for whatever reason she got hired on the show, relatively new Sophia really does get more screen time than some of our already long established favorites.

I'd love it if Nick, Grissom, Sarah and the rest of the CSI's banded together to show Greg their support rather than only Sophia.

"Post Mortem" has the potential to be better than, if not equal to "Fannysmackin'" with regards to the Greg angst. Greg being thrown into the spotlight, and negatively so by the press, will really shake him up. He's going to need a lot of support if he is to continue as a good CSI.

I've read in the spoilers that Doc Robbins will testify at the inquest. I'm wondering if the fact that Doc knows Greg pretty well might hinder Greg's case in that Doc might be considered as showing favortism for Greg's side. I know the coroner is supposed to be impartial, but he does know Greg, has interacted with him, and has on occasion been amused by Greg. The opposing side might bring that up at the inquest and request another pathologist's opinion concerning the death of the guy that Greg hit with the Denali.

3. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

It just seems so wierd that everyone is getting so worked up if it was just an accident. I mean, if he had hit the kid on purpose to save Stanley, that would be differnet. But from what I understand, he did't choose to kill the kid. Maybe thats what the inquest is about? To determine if it was an accident or not?

Hmmm.. that would make sense.. Oh I don't know.

I wonder if they are going to stop this storyline pretty much here. I mean, technically, they could take it further and have the family members be a future threat to Greg.. but I don't know if they would continue it or just kind of let it fade away and mention it here and there. Either way, I think I would be fine, but the inquest is a fair amount of contuation so.. yeah.

But, it would be a good thing to discuss, don't you think?

4. Toots

Toots Pathologist

I agree that it would be a good thing to discuss, eszmanda_luver. I think that as far as the family goes, that part will end when it is decided that the kid's death was an accidental death; in other words, not Greg's fault. However, I think there will be emotional repercussions for Greg for the rest of the season because he will feel terrible that he caused a death, unintentionally of course, but a death nevertheless.

5. speakerset

speakerset Lab Technician

The minute I read about how the brother says he'll get justice one way or another, I thought threat to Greg, either then or much later in the season, when it's least expected.

But even if they drop that, with the way that Greg is, it is going to take it's toll, even if it happened by accident, even if it was in the act of saving a life, he's just so empathetic, my fear is that he'll internalize it, for not wanting to show the others just how much it bothers him, and it actually makes him lose that empathy, and that would not be good at all. I don't want to see Greg get so jaded that he becomes too serious, that even his jokes have an edge to them. I know all change comes, but still, there are those who just wish that that change didn't effect so harshly.

Also, where Greg, even though it was an accident, is a CSI and a death occured, and it wasn't a considered a natural causes death, there has to be an inquest.

From IMDB, just to see the "reporters" at the inquest, it will be a circus, and that just makes you feel for Greg even more, out of all of them, he's the least you would want to see or think would go through that at all, it's going to be one hell of a story arc, still, Eric is going to be just so SO good to see in this storyline.

One more thing, they can bring up favoritism all they want, but Doc would not risk his job or his professional reputation to cover up anything, so that alone should show the jurors he's telling the truth, but we all have seen that lawyers can turn anything around, and I bet the lawyers against will try to put some spin on all of them testifying.

The thing I'm looking forward to, how they, Nick and Sofia and Doc do testify for him, Greg sitting there, the amount of angst, and him being vindicated, even though Greg may still not feel the same after hearing the verdict though.

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I did a search on "Inquests" and came up with this, its for police but I believe it would be similar to CSI's as well.

What is an Inquest?
    An inquest is a court hearing in which the State Coroner gathers information to assist in determining the cause and circumstances of death, and to make recommendations which may prevent similar deaths occurring in the future. -- The State Coroner calls witnesses to give evidence of what they know about the death. An inquest is not a trial, rather it is an investigative process to shed light on the cause and circumstances of a death.

It is not the State Coroner's role to establish whether a crime has been committed or to find a personal guilty of that crime. Nor is it the State Coroner's role to make judgments about matters of civil liability. -- Inquests are generally open to the public.

When is an inquest held?
    When satisfied on consideration of the material produced from the investigation (statements of witnesses and medical reports) as to the cause and circumstances of death, the State Coroner may decide not to hold an inquest. Only about 2% of all deaths reported to the State Coroner are the subject of an inquest. -- However, if the State Coroner believes that the cause or circumstances of death are a matter of substantial public importance, particularly, if they relate to public health or safety, he may decide to hold an inquest.

Inquests must be conducted where death has occurred in custody. This means a person in custody of the police, a person in prison, or a person under a detention order as a result of a mental or intellectual disability.

7. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

On the episode of Post Mortem, I'm confused, I don't remember Sofia there at the crime scene on the episode of Fannysmackin (I can't wait to see that.) Sofia is with Grissom and Sara. I'm thinking it Brass was there with Warrick and Nick. Nick and Warrick should be the one testify, not Sofia. Can you explained that to me, please?

8. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

Ok, well I don't think anyone from the team was there. Well actually, I think its possible that Sophia could have seen some of it or something because at one point she is describing what happened. But Nick testifies with the evidense he and Warrick collected at the scene. I'm not entirely sure why Sohpia is there becuase I originally thought that he was pretty much by himself when this happens. Maybe theres a tape or something like that. Or maybe they had the evidence to give a basis of what happened with Greg that night and Sophia is the one that takes us through those steps.. Don't know exactly.

Haha that wasnt much help.. oh well. Good question though.

9. speakerset

I think she's there later, but he's there by himself (save for the other victim of the attackers-she may be one of them that responds to his call for back-up), I think that her portion of the the opening is from Fannysmackin' and that's why she is testifying (even though the promo shows him at night and her opening takes place during the day)..while sure I'd like to see the team comfort him, as long as someone is, I'm okay with it, I think they all do actually, in their own ways.

Plus the inquest, I think that also is a way to keep the arc going, more than just over two episodes. Plus like Destiny pointed out, it will take some time to get the jury, the judge, plus the actual court date.

I wonder if Greg will still have visible bruises as well, because that would totally help his case, even though we already know the outcome is good for Greg.

I still can't help but think that Greg is such a sensitive person that he really is going to take this to heart, he tells Sofia he can't sleep..and also, she has given him advice in the past when he couldn't get the thought of the burn victim out of his head, she prodded the problem out of him, and in a way, maybe it's easier for him to talk to her than the others, he's known them longer and maybe because of that, he may just feel more comfortable, like a counselor, while they listen they can be more objective with their advice.

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

RE: Inquests

I think the reason an inquest in the situation with Greg is held is to determine whether or not racism played a role in one of the gang member's death because of his skin colour. Community groups may have put pressure on the politicians to find out whether the young man hit by Greg was hit due to his skin colour or not.

Obviously with Greg, this is not the case, but perhaps a coroner's inquest is called to clear Greg's name officially or due to politics or what. It will be an interesting episode to watch.

11. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Do inquests usually have the judge and jury? Well obviously there's a judge but I wonder why there'd be a jury since it's not a full fledged trial.

12. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Edited because it really belongs in the "Fannysmackin'" thread. :rolleyes:

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Can someone point me to the spoiler about getting justice? I don't recall that one.

14. speakerset

I wish I could point you to the exact post, but someone posted it somewhere about the brother saying they would get justice one way or another. I think that happens after the inquest, I can't remembe where it was posted, you might have to go back a few threads, but that sort of stuck in my head, whether that actually is said or happens is another thing, there have been spoilers that never ended up taking place.

15. melbel

melbel Pathologist

it will be a good ep to see

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.