Season 13 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 1

Where is everyone getting that the season premier is Nick centric? :confused: I know it's DB centric and found out yesterday that it's most probably Sara centric. But I can't see them making one 42-44 minute episode centric for three characters. They just don't have the time. :confused: Nick will be in it but quite frankly that's all I'm really expecting.

“Sara will very much be in the forefront in the premiere and she is very much in the forefront in episode 2,” Mendelsohn says. “There will be a murder at the cop diner, where the cops and the CSIs all go to eat. Actually more than one murder. It is going to hit home and hit a friend of hers.”

Susan
Just because Sara is 'in the forefront' doesn't mean it is Sara-centric by any means. I suspect it just means she has some decent screen time.
The two storylines in the premiere we've heard about: DB's (family kidnapping) and Nick's (quitting).

Factor in that Finn looks by all accounts to have been kidnapped with the granddaughter and we got a lot of people up front in the episode. I would call that a well rounded episode but that's just me...

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Episode 13.07 "Fallen Angels"

Director: Louis Milito
Writer: Tom Mularz

STORY LINE: When a dead CSI officer's prints are found at the scene of a bad guy's apparent murder, the team begins to suspect that a "guardian angel" has been acting to project his loved ones from beyond the grave.

STORY LINE: When a dead CSI officer's prints are found at the scene of a bad guy's apparent murder, the team begins to suspect that a "guardian angel" has been acting to project his loved ones from beyond the grave.

Don McGill--ep.7--Nick centric. Woohoo!

Is this the Warrick ep? How supernaturally cool would that be?

Last edited:

Don McGill--ep.7--Nick centric. Woohoo!

Is this the Warrick ep? How supernaturally cool would that be?

Now this sounds ingriguing! :) I'm really interested to find out what differrent team members have been doing to help Tina and Eli since Warrick's death.

And McKeen mysteriously dies in prison...

"All I heard were his screams and a bright light man. It was like some supernatural stuff or somethin'."

My imagination has run wild must tame it.

Sounds interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing Tina and Eli again. Still holding out for a Warrick flashback (using archive footage), were we shown the whole tape for his claim for custody of Eli? That would be worth bringing out. :)

I notice that Mularz is writing the episode. I hope he avoids some of those left-field out of character moments he has a habit of doing. (Brass (well, everybody) in "In a Dark, Dark House" and Vega in "Crime After Crime".)

USA Today - More Returning Series: CSI, Bones, & Scandal

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
CBS, Wednesdays, 10 ET/PT
Premiere: Sept. 26

Where we left them: Under attack from the former undersheriff of Las Vegas, the murderous Jeffrey McKeen (Conor O'Farrell) -- who runs an underworld empire of drugs and corrupt cops from his prison cell -- the CSI team was on the ropes, with Undersheriff Ecklie (Marc Vann) gunned down on the street, investigator Nick Stokes (George Eads) handing in his resignation in frustration, and supervisor D.B. Russell's (Ted Danson) young granddaughter kidnapped.

Where they're headed: The Season 13(!) premiere picks up the moment the cliffhanger ended, with even more team members in danger -- including the newest, Julie Finlay (Elisabeth Shue), who takes off after the kidnapped Kaitlyn and shares a secret-filled past with Russell. The "Cape-Fear-ish" storyline, says executive producer Don McGill, was designed to take the ever-serene D.B. and see "what would happen if we took that guy who seemed to have everything in control, his family and work, and really pushed him to the edge."

That push will carry through the season. "We show his worst fears, that his granddaughter is dead, and we see his demons and his darker side, his impulse to go an eye for an eye," McGill says. "As we lean forward into the season, we'll see that worst fear play out. Once something happens to a family -- even if the resolution seems neat and tidy -- the emotional fallout is anything but."

They'll also explore the relationship between him and Shue's Finn. "They have a long history," albeit a mostly professional one, McGill says. While D.B. is committed to his family, "for Finley, who struggles to have relationships with men, Russell is kind of the perfect man -- but unattainable, which is part of the attraction."

Who's new or returning: McGill says they'll focus on the core cast this season -- including, finally, answering the perplexing question: What's up with Sara (Jorja Fox) and Grissom (the long-departed William Petersen)? He's been in the jungle for years, but she's still on the case -- are they even married anymore? "We'll answer that, in a way that may surprise people." McGill says. "We'll deal with her dissatisfaction with the long-distance relationship, and may find a resolution as to where the marriage is headed." The season also will explore the relationship of Ecklie to his estranged CSI daughter Morgan (Elisabeth Harnois) -- and his romance with Hodges' mom Olivia (guest Jaclyn Smith).

-- Bruce Schwartz

Susan

McGill says they'll focus on the core cast this season -- including, finally, answering the perplexing question: What's up with Sara (Jorja Fox) and Grissom (the long-departed William Petersen)? He's been in the jungle for years, but she's still on the case -- are they even married anymore? "We'll answer that, in a way that may surprise people." McGill says. "We'll deal with her dissatisfaction with the long-distance relationship, and may find a resolution as to where the marriage is headed."

At this point I don't know what they could do with GSR that would surprise me; except maybe BRING GRISSOM HOME and have them actually be together! How hard could that be, after all? I'll even write the 30 sec scene for them; no charge. lol
I can't even consider the possibility of breaking them up. Unless tptb ignore the last 12+ years of their backstory.

As usual, with news about GSR I'm nervous and excited at the same time. Keeping my faith in Jorja.

As for DB and Finn, I'm trying to remain neutral, but I really don't want to see them play the UST(unresolved sexual tension) game. DB needs to concentrate on his family.

Last edited:
At this point I don't know what they could do with GSR that would surprise me; except maybe BRING GRISSOM HOME and have them actually be together! How hard could that be, after all? I'll even write the 30 sec scene for them; no charge. lol
I can't even consider the possibility of breaking them up. Unless tptb ignore the last 12+ years of their backstory.

I’m not worried at all that they would break up Grissom and Sara. It’s not like Grissom was some fringe character and he is still extremely popular.
I’m more worried that they won’t address the issue until episode 22 and then still not resolve anything.

Strangely, it makes me rather hopeful that Sara is supposedly dissatisfied with their long distance relationship.

New article from TVLine.
Snippet here:
When CSI signed off last May, Elisabeth Shue’s Finlay found herself literally in the arms of the enemy when a potentially dangerous detective started to get up close and personal with her. So just how will the investigator get out of harm’s way — and save Russell’s (Ted Danson) granddaughter in the process — during the Sept. 26 season premiere (CBS, 10/9c) “She will launch herself on a dangerous mission and use her smarts and her toughness,” says executive producer Don McGill. “And I can tell you this much: In the premiere, Lisa Shue as Finlay really proved herself to be an action hero.” But Billy Magnussen’s possibly shady Det. Crenshaw won’t be the only one under suspicion: Finlay’s own main squeeze may be playing for the other side. “We’re not going to know quite whether [Detective Carlos] Moreno [played by Enrique Murciano] is a good guy or a bad guy,” reveals the EP. “We won’t really know whether he’s someone we can trust or not.” Even if he passes the test, Finlay may not — especially after her ex-husband, a Seattle cop, is introduced during a re-opened cold case and starts to cause “trouble” for the CSI. “All I can say is, Moreno may well be cheated on,” teases McGill.
Click on the above link for a little more details.

Oh boy! She's going to be an action hero! Hope she doesn't try to play cop. ;)

The rest of the article talked about her ex-husband coming into the picture and her possibly cheating on Moreno. Yay...soap opera. :rolleyes:

Ugh, the "action hero" reference is not promising, as far as I'm concerned. I didn't like that when they did that to Catherine in her exit story, and I don't relish the prospect with Finn, either.

From so many of the spoilers the show sounds like it is getting more away from the forensics and mostly becoming a cop show. Too many of the CSI's acting more like cops. Some of my favorite scenes in the show has always been just them working in the lab with no talking, focusing on the technique.

New show title, CSI: Action Heroes :lol:

Back