Season 13 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by vegaslights, May 9, 2012.

1. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

To be fair, and play devil's advocate, Nick often plays the action hero role, and the other main characters have had their moments as well. I seem to remember a lot of 'over the top' spoilers like this at the beginning of the previous season and they turned out to be either 30 seconds in a 44 minute episode or not happening at all. I guess my point is that we've been there and done that before and it's not always as cliche as it reads.

Between this bad cop storyline (starting with Mckeen and Vega) and phasing out the others (Cavaliere and Vartann) Brass and Mitch are going to be the only working cops in Vegas soon!

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I know Nick plays cop. :lol: That's why the winky. ;) I agree with Dizzney...it's just getting silly. Much as I love action Nick...and I looooove action Nick...the show is just changing in too many ways for me.

3. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

Hey, at least that would give Brass some screentime. He's been pushed so far into the background, he's going to need a crowbar to get him back into the picture. It would be nice if he had more than 3 to 5 minutes an episode - if he's even in the episode.

4. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

I can safely say my expectations for the season premiere are so low that if it's a little better than "Dead Doll" I'd consider it a success. :lol:

But to be fair, apart from the premiere and this upcoming Finn story I'm actually really liking the sound of the rest of the stories (yes, I may even try my best to stomach the DB-family stuff in episode 6 :p) and there's been a relatively equal distribution of stories so far, which I hope they can keep up to the end of the season.

On the other end of the spectrum, I'm slightly concerned that every episode appears to have some personal connection to the CSIs. I'd really kill to have a good old team episode (on the lines of "Unfriendly Skies") which has a good share of everyone in.

5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Despite some of these questionable spoilers, I'm still looking forward to the premiere. No, I don't care for any of the characters becoming an action hero (I really didn't like Catherine's exit arc either or Nick's arc with Beiber), but I'm hoping a lot of that talk is just hype. I haven't given up on Finn, and I'm still hoping I will grow to like her, so we'll see.

But, since I loved 'Dead Doll', Crumbs, I don't expect this premiere to be near as good. ;)

I do agree that the best episodes generally are the true ensemble ones, no heroes involved. For me, 'Viva Las Vegas' was one of the best premieres ever. And, after the darkness of Season 4, it got season 5 off to a fresh start.

I'm expecting to like this season, but it's easy to be optimistic before the season actually starts. I like some personal stuff, and I won't mind DB's revolving door of family drama as long as the other characters get their due as well. I don't know how much longer CSI will last, so I want to find out more about the characters we've lived with for the past 12 years, and it seems that's what tptb have in mind to do this season.

6. Micha

Micha Rookie

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Episode 13.07 "Fallen Angels"

Eli is a bright and outgoing boy, he adores his mother, Tina, but confides to investigators that he doesn't like her boyfriend, Cliff, who frightens him. He weeps in confusion when he's taken out of his mother's unfit home and placed in foster care.

7. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

Oh thank you ! When will they start to shoot episode 7 ?

8. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

[/QUOTE]
    Ok, I just want to make sure I have this straight, because really these people need to watch past episodes.

1. Sara leaves CSI because she can't take it anymore.
    2. She basically gives Grissom and ultimatum through video.
    3. Grissom leaves his life to be with her in the jungle.
    4. Sara returns to CSI, leaves Paris, after Ecklie calls her for a recommendation. Which is still hard to swallow since he wanted her fired :rolleyes: but whatever
    5. We see Sara skyping with Grissom and he is Peru (or whatever country it was)

and now she is having trouble with the long-distance relationship...AGAIN? Well maybe she should stay with her husband. He gave up everything to go be with her and she leaves him.

I'm sorry, but this story is getting harder and harder to swallow. Why can't they just say Grissom lives in Vegas and he travels at times. Geesh. :rolleyes:

But yes, this show is becoming a soap opera again and it needs to stop. I also agree with others that it's turning into a cop show.

Let's get back to the way the show was and enough of Russell's family already.

9. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

LOL! For once, Speedy, I don't completely disagree with you. :) Why not just have Grissom living in LV and consulting out of town on occasion? Give us an occasional peak into their lives at home (with or without WP). I guess tptb have something else in mind.
    But they have never really explained why Sara is back as a CSI, and her husband is out there somewhere doing something without her. 'The Two Mrs. Grissoms' was a nice way to show they were somewhat happily married, but there are still too many questions about the state of their marriage now to ignore, 3 years later.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  10. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

well the selfish/possibly unrealistic side of me wishes Sara could stay until the show ends, since she's one of my favorites, but I can't help but agree with both of you about GSR (speedy and Jafox). I think an explanation for their long distance relationship, and why it's lasted this long is LONG OVERDUE. Well, here's to hoping they finally answer all our questions, and it's nothing shocking (in a bad way) or OOC. Partly because Grissom's never made a cameo appearance except in 11x13, I have a feeling that maybe the best thing Sara will have to do in the end, is just go back to him, if he can't come and stay with her in Vegas for whatever reason.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  11. Dark CSI

Dark CSI Hit and Run

I agree, I'd love a team episode! Much as I love DB, I'm tired of the never ending parade of his family. And as for Finn to the rescue? Puh-lease. :rolleyes: And another Nick 'action hero' episode? The guy does great on the emotion episodes too. And the Greg centric episode is going to be ANOTHER old Vegas one? Come on! Give the poor boy a chance to try something else, we already know he's excellent at that. Plus, why are they still dragging out the Sara/Grissom relationship problems stuff? He left four seasons ago! They're married! If you're going to give us something from there, give a happy little sneak peak at their life together or something.

For a season 12 that started out with such a bang and great story lines, it really withered at the final hurdle and season 13 seems to be panting to even get started.

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Looks like there will be a one week hiatus after the premiere! :wtf:

13. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Arye Gross...I like him. :) He played the baby's dad in "Feeling the Heat" also.

Not too happy about a week off tho. :shifty:

14. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I think there's a Presidential (or Vice) Debate that night

I love election years :rolleyes:

15. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I think Sharp is right, it is a presidential debate.

I see Officer Akers is in it too. Yay!