Season 13 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 1

I was so hoping George would get to deal with the dog in this episode. :)

Keck's Exclusives First Look: CSI's Nick Goes to the Dog

Off screen, George Eads recently suffered the loss of both his dad and his dog. And as CBS' CSI enters its 13th season, Eads' Nick Stokes will face some personal changes of his own. "Nick's been the one without a family, which is a sad thing, so we're playing around with the idea of him getting a surrogate family in an unconventional way," says Eads. First up: He adopts a German shepherd in the October 31 episode. "A K-9 officer goes down, and I end up reluctantly taking [the dog] in."

Then in November, the crime drama resurrects the spirit of Warrick Brown (Gary Dourdan), who was killed off in 2008. It turns out that Nick and the CSI team have stayed in touch with Warrick's wife and son, though their efforts weren't always welcome. "I love the idea of keeping Warrick's memory alive," says Eads, who has kept up a friendship with Dourdan throughout his scrapes with the law.

Eads also admits that he's feeling the itch to start a family with his wife, Monika. "I'm on my wife every day about having a kid — no pun intended. It's our plan, and hopefully in the near future, because I'm definitely ready to be a dad."

Susan

Best spoiler I've heard so far! :) I love the idea of Nick taking the dog. Let's hope the dog isn't forgotten after this episode tho, like some other things they forget.

I like that they are bringing in Warrick's son, but even moreso I'm glad that they are saying it hasn't been easy for the team to stay in touch with him. That is so much more realistic. Considering the rocky relationship Tina and Warrick had at the end, I can't imagine her being that close with his friends after his death. So this will be interesting to see how they deal with it.

That'll teach me not to read both spoiler topics before I post.:klingon:

I hope the dog is referenced too from time to time or even makes an appearance.

I wonder if Nick takes the dog because no one else wants it and it might be destroyed and he can't let that happen being the dog lover he is.

Eli's what,3,4 or 5? I wonder how much contact they've had with him over the last three years? Should be interesting dynamics.

Here's wishing them well on the baby front, he'll clearly be a great dad.:)

Last edited:
. Let's hope the dog isn't forgotten after this episode tho, like some other things they forget.
Lol. I wouldn't get my hopes up. On the other hand, maybe Nick's dog and Hank will have play dates, off-screen of course. :)

Last edited:
Eli's what,3,4 or 5? I wonder how much contact they've had with him over the last three years? Should be interesting dynamics.

He was a baby when For Warrick aired so I'd say 4, unless they've aged him

. Let's hope the dog isn't forgotten after this episode tho, like some other things they forget.
Lol. I wouldn't get my hopes up. On the other hand, maybe Nick's dog and Hank will have play dates, off-screen of course. :)

Awwww :lol: I can't wait for the fanfiction

He was a baby when For Warrick aired so I'd say 4, unless they've aged him

Awwww :lol: I can't wait for the fanfiction

Yep! The dog will be canon. Yay! :)

I'm really happy to see that as soon as I read one spoiler which makes me think "what are the writers doing?" another one comes in which restores my growing optimism for the season ahead. Bringing back Warrick (though not necessarily in person) is an excellent idea, particularly after having brought up McKeen again at the end of Season 12. I'm very curious as to how this one is going to play out. :)

Rather interesting that they killed Warrick during the 2008 presidential election and now they're bringing the character back into the fold during the new election. Really no connection to the two, obviously, but kinda interesting.

(P.S. Warrick's storyline is in episode 7, written by Tom Mularz.)

Wow terrific news for George and Nick!! Cute if Hank and this dog have play dates ;) And more about Warrick is great! Excellent with connection to the end of season 12 :)

I picked up the latest edition of Entertainment Weekly. Some of it is info we already know, but there's a few new tidbits:

CSI
RETURNING DRAMA 10-11P.M., CBS

"This is one of the first years in a long time that we haven't been saying goodbye or hello to someone," says exec producer Carol Mendelsohn, referring to the near-revolving door that's seen Elisabeth Shue replace Marg Helgenberger and Ted Danson take over for Laurence Fishburne. "We have our team and cast intact. Creatively it's very exciting to now craft great stories and not worry about having to say goodbye midseason to someone!" Among the planned plots for season 13: Former undersheriff McKeen (Conor O'Farrell) will rue the day he invaded D.B. Russell's (Danson) home; Morgan (Elisabeth Harnois) will finally make peace with her father; and Nick's (George Eads) decision to declare, "I'm out" in front of Sara (Jorja Fox) and Greg (Eric Szmanda) will have a ripple effect on the team. In addition, "Hodges [Wallace Langham] last season was speaking Italian and talking about a trip to Italy," says Mendelsohn. "We'll find out about that." SEPT. 26

Paging DJRideout. ;)

Something about the murdered Coach and his wife and TJ in episode 13.06 "Pick And Roll"

He (The Coach) is arrogant, cocky, full of himself, handsome and in good shape Coach is The Man in charge of the West Las Vegas University basketball team, and he's an imperious prick who rides roughshod over everyone in sight. A man with a fiefdom where he rules supreme, Coach barks orders at everyone, from star players to the President of the University, and no one challenges his authority because he's a winner. But Coach's private life includes an adulterous wife and his own private passion for BDSM -- and when he's found brutally murdered, everyone who has ever known the jerk is a suspect, including Detective Russell's son Charlie.

Linda is Coach's widow, and she has what appears to be an impeccable alibi: she was in Lake Tahoe when Coach was murdered. She's mildly cooperative with the police -- but not enough to actually be helpful. She's later revealed to have lied flagrantly to the detectives, and to have found Coach's body without calling the police.

TJis a budding superstar on the basketball court, TJ is one of Charlie's teammates, and he's a witness to a couple of Charlie's ugly confrontations with Coach. Questioned by the detectives when Coach's blood is found on his jersey, TJ reluctantly points the finger -- not at himself, but at Russell's son.

Sounds to me like 10.05 "Bloodsport" with in my opinion one of the best teasers/opening of an CSI episode.

Rather interesting that they killed Warrick during the 2008 presidential election and now they're bringing the character back into the fold during the new election. Really no connection to the two, obviously, but kinda interesting.

(P.S. Warrick's storyline is in episode 7, written by Tom Mularz.)

oh great news ! Will Gary be back in this one as a guest ? :)

Last edited:
I asked before CSI Files gave me the answer lol

To me we'll never see Gary in CSI again, I guess he didn't leave in good terms with produicers

'CSI' Boss: Season 13 will pull the team apart

“CSI: Crime Scene Investigation’s” season finale proved that even though the procedural drama has been on the air for 12 seasons, it’s still got what it takes to surprise viewers. The kidnapping of D.B. Russell’s (Ted Danson) granddaughter Kaitlyn (Mia Hayes) and the resignation of Nick Stokes (George Eads) set such dramatic — and unforeseen — events in motion that the audience will be compelled to tune in for 13th season premiere to get answers.

“Last season was so much about bringing the CSI family back together under DB Russell,” says executive producer Don McGill in an exclusive interview with XfinityTV.com. “I think this season will be about exploring all the tensions and maybe pulling the CSI family apart a little bit.”

But there is a lot more going on — and McGill and executive producer Carol Mendelsohn gave us the inside scoop on what to look forward to when the new season kicks off on Wednesday, Sept. 26 on CBS. Here are five things you need to know:

Where does the story pick up?: When the show premieres on Wednesday, Sept. 26, it will pick up one second after the finale, where we left Russell staring out the window wondering what happened to his granddaughter. When we return, he is not nearly as Zen as the man we have come to know in the lab.

“It is a pretty exciting episode,” says McGill. “We will see him with a gun in his hand for the first time. We will see this man of science, wisdom and rationality pushed to the edge — kind of like ‘Cape Fear’ — all to get his granddaughter back.”

Will the kidnapping be resolved in the first episode?: In the premiere, the CSI team is on a hunt to find Kaitlyn, but former Undersheriff McKeen (Conor O’Farrell) threatens Russell, saying, “You get me my money back and you get your granddaughter back.”

“It isn’t resolved at all,” McGill says. “The fact that McKeen literally reached into DB Russell’s house and plucked out his granddaughter and, basically, tore his family apart won’t be put back together so easily. We will see DB Russell’s wife [Peri Gilpin reprising her role as Barbara Russell], we will see his son [Brandon W. Jones as Charlie Russell] and we may see his daughter [Brooke Nevin as Maya] again. But there are some fences that need to be mended because Russell’s wife never really intended to have Kaitlyn come home.”

Is anyone else in jeopardy?: Russell’s family may not be the only ones in jeopardy. In the premiere, we quickly learn, according to Mendelsohn, that another member of the team — possibly more — is in trouble.

“Nick was involved in the shooting of McKeen’s son, so just as Conrad Ecklie [Marc Van] was hot in retribution, we are not so sure what happens to Nick at the beginning of the premiere,” McGill adds. “He is in the wind and everybody is afraid that harm has come to him. In fact, when we find him, it looks as if harm is coming to him

Will Sara Sidle [Jorja Fox] be more in the forefront this year? Since Fox returned to the series on a fulltime basis last season — after four seasons as a guest star, she hasn’t had a front burner storyline. Part of the reasons is time had to be spent to introduce the new characters of DB Russell and Julie Finlay [Elisabeth Shue]. But that is about to change.

“Sara will very much be in the forefront in the premiere and she is very much in the forefront in episode 2,” Mendelsohn says. “There will be a murder at the cop diner, where the cops and the CSIs all go to eat. Actually more than one murder. It is going to hit home and hit a friend of hers.”

“Also in terms of Sara, we may delve into the Sara/Grissom [William Petersen] long-distance relationship. We are always hopeful that Billy may come back.”

[Ed. Note: Petersen was supposed to have made his return to TV this year with a Cinemax series, "Hurt People," but the latest word is he has pulled out of that, so he may be available.]

Guest stars: In addition to the previously mentioned guest stars in the series premiere, Enrique Murciano will be back as Detective Carlos Moreno — even though Moreno and Finlay’s relationship looked to be over — and Jon Wellner returns as Henry Andrews. Also, Jaclyn Smith will return as Hodges’ [Wallace Langham] mother, which may be when we find out what Hodges meant when he kept saying his life had changed. Mendelson teases, “It is something that happened in Italy of a romantic nature.”

In addition, as XfinityTV.com previously reported, “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” star Kyle Richards will appear in episode 5 this season, playing Ms. Young, an upper class, sexy divorcée with attitude. She’s a neighbor of Barry, an attorney and the murder victim in the episode, and she is questioned by Julie Finlay, because she overheard the three shots that killed him. Not only that, she gossips cheerfully about Barry’s bad reputation as a scumbag attorney — giving the CSIs lots to think about.

Somehow I wonder how far into the season premier we get before we see Nick. Will it be before or after I fall asleep?

Susan

Back